The Only Scrape Bar To Have If You Stunt A Quad........

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Only Scrape Bar To Have If You Stunt A Quad........

Originally Posted by crazytexan
If you talkin about a 400 then it is most likely the same as the suzuki, look at the vin plate and the other plate on the frame, it will say suzuki if it is a suzuki. Kawasaki buys them and puts there stickers and plastic on.
hes talking about the 03 having a 1 piece subframe and non removable bar
Old 01-27-2006, 11:13 PM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh, my bad, i just knew that some dirtbikes and 4 wheelers are the same. My klx<<< Suzuki, so on his quad the grab bar thing is not unboltable?
Old 01-28-2006, 04:13 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

SeeMyZWheelie can only hope to improve

yea, one piece subframe/grab bar... Honda 400ex's have had it for years (and still do???) and the first year they built the Z400/Kfx400, same deal... Then, in 04, they smartened up, and made it removeable...
Catman was making a setup you just welded over the stock grab bar/subframe assy... looked very similar in design to that, less the bolt holes...
just clean up the metal on the grab bar, place this over it, weld, clean and paint, and BAM! U have a stunt quad...
I made quite the con-****-tion (dont mind me, i cant spell, so i sounded it out!) on my old Z (now Phear's from CVBz) that consisted of very thick angle iron and real thick grinding rod... which was unboltable and replaceable when it wore down... or you could loosen it and turn it to get a fresh spot to grind...
It even had a spot where i mounted a set of wheels to it, so it would roll good in a 12, but the balance point was thrown off, so i never tried it... i extended the bar out a lil further than stock, and with the wheels on it, it would barely stay in the 12 o'clock postition by itself...

I think its cool your buddy is makin those and sellin them, but i do agree with the rest of the fellas on here sayin its a lil steep...
I agree with tiller, if he wanted to do 50 shipped, i would paypal him the $$$ right now...
Old 01-28-2006, 07:59 PM

ALL_OUT is an unknown quantity at this point

it was an expensive 12 bar but i put a freestyle one on my 05 kfx 400, i had to cut one side for it to fit but besides that it works like a champ and it takes a beating.