What should i do?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 07:19 PM

LiveToRide1930 is an unknown quantity at this point
What should i do?????

heres the deal,today me and my friend went riding and about 45 mins into the trip,we get in trouble with the DNR police and get a speech about how we cant ride on this rode that is not public and the state park and we only get a warning for this.See then it narrows it down to my yard and a 2 acre feild,its still fun but gets boring after a while.I got the bike used about 2 months ago and im wondering if i should sell it,im thinking i can get around 2900 for it and i mite just get a CRF50 with the money i get from selling it to just play around on and stunt and stuff and i cant get in trouble with that little thing.SO do you think i should sell it because i really have no where to ride it now after that whole mess and now they will be checking daily through there and 2-3 other ppl that live no more then 5 mins away from have bikes but dont ride anymore cuz they've got caught also and had to stop.So do you guys think i should sell it???
Old 05-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough
Re: What should i do?????

Don't sell nothin Buy more and realy **** them off :YEAH
It has to be a neighbor or somthin.

They will still mess wit ya if you get the 50 too............sounds like

keep lookin for some propety you can use maybee.

Good luck bro
Old 05-30-2005, 08:39 PM

my300ex505 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea dont sell it im not selling mine i was wit him dnr took ALL THE fun away
Old 05-30-2005, 08:41 PM

and its just a warnig we got so now we will just have to run there not gonna chase through woods if they do they wont catch me
Old 05-30-2005, 08:47 PM

hondahellraiser is an unknown quantity at this point

this weekend i went to my cabin in wv and we are legally alowed to ride the county roads. these ar gravel/dirt roads back in the mountains. i had to have gone through 4 tanks of fuel. **** we see maybe 2 trucks come down the road a day 5 hours away tho lokk for places like that
Old 05-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Your going to let a DNR warden change your outlook on stunting, W.T.F. is wrong with you. Tickets made stunting what it is. It gave it the rush of doing something you aint supposed to do. So just hang with it and keep it real. Next time he stops you he'll probally hand ya a fine just make shure you don't get caught twice DNR+repeat offender= jail time take my word for it
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2005, 09:17 AM

sledneck is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and Phear went ridin this weekend, just about all weekend actually (very unusual) and yesterday we were ridin up a dirt road that goes way out in the woods to never never land. we were ripin wheelies and rippin **** up. we got back on the pavement, and I was pullin a 5th gear wheelie down the road when I met out town constable for the second time in 2 days. Then after runnin for a minute or two on the wheeler, I went back to josh's, and this truck that lives on the dirt road kept drivin by and lookin, and drivin by and lookin, then a statey drives by, THEN this other guy that lives on that road, has the nerve to pull in josh's driveway and start complainin about us goin fast and doin wheelies, because quote "we have little kids that ssometimes go in the road". Josh told him that it might look like we are being careless and not being carefull, but we really know what we are doing, all of you riders know, you don't just pull it up in a wheelie without knowing your surroundings somewhat, people don't realize that you can see what's ahead when you are in a wheelie, If I see a kid playing on a lawn or dog's or whatever, I'm gonna set it down and go by slow, I'm just sick of people like this, it's bullshit. Our town is so dumb, actually when I was runnin on the wheeler, I was goin probally 70 or so, went down to another road and stayed there for a minute, when I was goin back, there's a group of guys that ride the roads on there wheelers all the time, but they see me on the road and they through a royal fit, one guy said somethin when I went by the next time I see that guy I'm gonna kick his azz , even if he's 30 somethin, and I wanna add that the road we were on is legall for 4-wheelers the speed limit is 35 and we might have been exceding that, but untill they get us on radar I'm stickin with we were only goin 35. I'm hopin phear will fill in what I missed.
And that's my 2cents on everythin, If you have a problem with 4-wheelers ridin the roads, get in touch with me and we'll work it out

Bryan
Old 05-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Tell your neighbor to keep his kids out of the fu(kin road and then he won't have to worry
Old 05-31-2005, 10:52 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KUTZR
Tell your neighbor to keep his kids out of the fu(kin road and then he won't have to worry
Actually that thought came to mind after they left....

Bryan's version of the story is accurate and I don't really have anything to add, but since he posted that I would hopefully add more I guess I will...haha.

The dude that stopped in was at least 1/2 way decent about the request, which is why we didn't give him too much trouble. If he was *****y, and a real jerk about it, I woulda told him to go pound sand, but he was civil and actually "asked" us if we could slow it down, rather than "telling" us to do it.

We told him that we would keep 'em down by his house, but I explained to him that we were not being reckless about it, and that we could ride on 2 wheels, just as good as most people could ride on 4.

I dunno...in a way it still makes me real mad. Not really because of that guy in specific, because like I said, he was nice with his request, and for that reason I'll humor him....but mainly for the reason that it feels like people in our area just look at quads negatively no matter what they are doing.

As Bryan pointed out to me this weekend....If you get deep into the woods up here, where the True "Vermont'ers" live, they are very welcoming to quads, and to stunts for that matter. We met two cars while we were way up in the boonies...I was in a wheelie....two old ladies were in the first car, and they gave a friendly wave and a smile (I shoulda told them that Bryan liked older women), and the 2nd car was a person a bit younger who flashed some sort of "hang loose" gesture in approval. Don't get me wrong, we pass many people who welcome what we do, and it's a great feeling to put a smile on someones face.

However, the rich, out of state morons that move here and think that they have a right to change everything really get to me. It spoils the fun completely, and takes away my ambition to go out and ride. This was the first ride I actually went on since last year sometime, and there is already drama. The thing that really gets me is that we are TRYING to do things right. We are TRYING to find a spot to legally ride where people are botherd, but since we can't, we are TRYING to do it safely, and TRYING to do it out of the way, miles up in the mountains. We don't go out an purposely try to scare people, and we don't go out and destroy peoples property. We don't even set foot on any ones property but our own.

So much for trying to do things as right as possible....screwed either way....
Old 05-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

VT sounds like a blast. I live in Southern Wisconsin and have to deal with the evil **** all the time. Even in the Northern woods ***** getting wack. People gotta quit hating, however I think the most greif I get is from the people on bikes here. they'll put you down untill you just wanna quit stunting.

Ain't it the **** wheeling past someone and seeing their face, My buddy lives out on this back rode just outside of town and all the college kids always go on rodeys out their, so we got the idea we would try to put on a show for some of them so my freind rides up along side this car thats got like 7 people in it and there's smoke rolling out of the windows, He wheelies along side them for like 1/4 mile and then knocks on the dudes window with his throttle hand and drives away, the whole time all the guys in the cart are like trippin out bad. it was funny as hell
Old 05-31-2005, 02:49 PM

Jeff man dont sell urs cause then ill be by my damn self again
Old 05-31-2005, 03:21 PM

LiveToRide1930 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude i dont know,they took are riding spots away and now i only have about 3 acres to play with and i cant go back there because its a 500 dollar fine which i aint paying or having my 400 impounded so i really dont know,we need to go somewhere where its totottly legal and cant get in trouble or bothered,ya kno
Old 05-31-2005, 05:54 PM

or we just dont get caught as in we run
Old 06-01-2005, 10:37 AM

johnnyharris is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=LiveToRide1930]heres the deal,today me and my friend went riding and about 45 mins into the trip,we get in trouble with the DNR police and get a speech about how we cant ride on this rode that is not public and the state park and we only get a warning for this.

So you're going to sell your **** over a warning? Come on man, at least get a few fines under your belt before you start gittin scared. Dealing with the man goes hand in hand with almost any kind of riding. All you can do about it be apologetic, respectful, and cooperative if you're got no other way out.

Some of the best rides I've ever been on have been in places that were clearly posted NO TRESPASSING. You just gotta decide for yourself if the risk is worth it.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:07 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
baby cop.jpg (26.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-08-2005, 10:17 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

SeeMyZWheelie can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by my300ex505
or we just dont get caught as in we run
Amen, Brotha!!!
I agree with Sledneck and Phear....
Sucks when you know you are in control, and other people just have a bad outlook on quads in general, so they ASSUME you are being reckless, or "driving to endanger" or whatever they wanna call it.
I got busted on the ice at a "radar run" for sleds this winter....
Mind you, there are 2 sleds at any given time, racing across a frozen lake at speeds over 100mph, half the time with their front ski's off the ground, the only thing seperating them from the spectators being a few little orange cones, and a 6 inch snowbank.
I "try" pulling a wheelie at 2mph, somehow manage to get my front tires 6" off the ground for maybee 10 feet, and I'm the bad guy...
The sad part was, I was CONVICTED of it... yep, pled not guilty, went to court, pled my case, and was still found guilty...
I did learn a valuble lesson, tho... actually, two....
1. FTP
2. when police say "Stop!" I say "Fucl( you cop!"
Old 06-08-2005, 05:16 PM

Hazen is a decent person

You'll learn more skillz on a 50 than you can on a quad. Not sayin quad stuntin isn't cool, but a 50 is limitless. Circles, figure 8's, looooooong endos, all skills that you can transfer to a big bike. Besides, if you can pimp a 50, you'll be sick on any quad you jump on. People are much more receptive to the 50 than a 400cc quad tearin sideways through their neighborhood. Just my

-Hazen
Old 06-08-2005, 05:50 PM

keshon is an unknown quantity at this point

i got to drive almost and hour to ride my quad, i live in a city where i can't get away with riding on the streets, I am so jealous. But keep the quad, and look for a cheap fiddy. like 800$. to me fiddys and quads are both hella cool.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:25 AM

johnnyharris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hazencvb
You'll learn more skillz on a 50 than you can on a quad. Not sayin quad stuntin isn't cool, but a 50 is limitless. Circles, figure 8's, looooooong endos, all skills that you can transfer to a big bike. Besides, if you can pimp a 50, you'll be sick on any quad you jump on. People are much more receptive to the 50 than a 400cc quad tearin sideways through their neighborhood. Just my

-Hazen
but your neighbors will probably make fun of you and say that you look like a frog riding a mini-bike (happened to me before).
Old 06-09-2005, 07:30 PM

Do not sell it we will find a place to ride ill be able to get my liscenes soon