blaster ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 08:50 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point
blaster ?

hey guys i bought a 96 blaster that has a aftermarket pipe on it, and i just put some boyesen pro series reeds in it and a reed spacer, that really helped power alot! But how would this bike run against a 350 warrior? I figure it would stay close, but don't know. I've rode a warrior before, but it's been a while. What do ya'll think
Old 03-07-2005, 09:01 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: blaster ?

Originally Posted by headache
hey guys i bought a 96 blaster that has a aftermarket pipe on it, and i just put some boyesen pro series reeds in it and a reed spacer, that really helped power alot! But how would this bike run against a 350 warrior? I figure it would stay close, but don't know. I've rode a warrior before, but it's been a while. What do ya'll think
youll be eating dirt.. its a 200 compared to a 350..

its still a quad so have fun
Old 03-07-2005, 09:26 PM

new fiddy rider is an unknown quantity at this point

my blaster keeps up wit my boys warrior. My blaster got pipe silencer reeds uni filter. im right on hid grab bar.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:44 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Blaster............. Take your front wheels off flip them around and mount them backwards widens your front end about 3-4 inches makes it alot more stable.Try it !!
Best h.p. gain....kit to remove oil injector,slip on,1 tooth bigger front sprocket. 240 big bore kit. Then it can woop the warrior turd.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by TILLER
youll be eating dirt.. its a 200 compared to a 350..

its still a quad so have fun

OR....................what he said.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:12 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point

hey yeah i've got my front wheels turned around and the oil injector blocked off. Next up is the big bore kit.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:56 AM

RunUdown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Catmandoo
Blaster............. Take your front wheels off flip them around and mount them backwards widens your front end about 3-4 inches makes it alot more stable.Try it !!
Best h.p. gain....kit to remove oil injector,slip on,1 tooth bigger front sprocket. 240 big bore kit. Then it can woop the warrior turd.
you mean keep up cuz thats not doing to much to it?
Old 03-08-2005, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by RunUdown
you mean keep up cuz thats not doing to much to it?
the 240 big bore kit should do it I've ran these bikes on 1/2 mile ovals and thats about it!!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:00 PM

250Rrider is an unknown quantity at this point

stock a blaster could hang with a warroir a 240 kit will definetly smoke a warrior. For bein a 350 the warrior has a pretty old design and isnt a real fast quad.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:03 AM

125ktm is an unknown quantity at this point

what you need is a big bore and a port and polish i got my blaster ported and i kill warriors off the line they close the gap a lil but neve win i got pipes also and a racing carb
Old 03-14-2005, 06:33 AM

PimpinRacer469 is an unknown quantity at this point

funny funny everyone........sayign a blaster cant win because its at a 150cc disadvantage.....is that to say a 125 2 stroke cant beat a 250 4 stroke? a 250 2 stroke cant beat a 450 4 stroke?

2 strokes make a lot more power per cc than four strokes, not to mention they are MUCH lighter.

i had a blaster with reeds, procircuit pipe, and procircuit silencer......it would easily beat warriors in a straight line.....

and to say motor work wont help a blaster......THATS CRAZY TALK!

my friend had a 250x with a blaster motor, motor work by a local guy, 34mm carb, flywheel key, and a custom built FTZ pipe. that bike would run with damn near anything you would want to line it up with.....it was a MX bike, so thats all it ever did, but i have personally seen that bike beat several built 250r's, 400ex's, and even a banshee i do believe off the line (and throughout the entire race)

blasters can be VERY bad ***!

but he has since moved up to a 265cc powervalve 250r (but then it was sold) and now to a TRX450R
Old 03-14-2005, 01:17 PM

micha3mart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PimpinRacer469
funny funny everyone........sayign a blaster cant win because its at a 150cc disadvantage.....is that to say a 125 2 stroke cant beat a 250 4 stroke? a 250 2 stroke cant beat a 450 4 stroke?

2 strokes make a lot more power per cc than four strokes, not to mention they are MUCH lighter.
ok, so your saying 4 stroke are slow and 2 stroke are fast? and they have less power per cc? that must be why the ENTIRE honda, kawasaki, suzuki, artic cat, polaris, and all of yamahas sport quad lineup for 2005 excluding the dated banshee, and blaster are ALL 4 strokes, ill tell ya there is nothing like those slow z400's or the new 450s they are slow, hell i should go buy a fast 2 stroke like the crazy fast blaster, maybe i can find someone in the neighborhood who is selling theres, possibly a 11 year old girl cause she outgrew it, and ya i bet if you do motor work to a blaster it can be fast, but id like to see your buddies, the 400ex destroyer, lol, motor work huh, what did he do put a raptor 4 stroke in it? and i can make my lawn mower fast if i do alot of engine mods, hell you can do engine work to a civic 4 cyl but its still never gonna match up to a bigger more powerful car. So if you could stop talking out of your a$$ that would be great!
Old 03-14-2005, 02:54 PM

GYTR_RAPTOR is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a Raptor350. It has an HMF sports pipe, a K@N, and has some carb. work done to it. All i know is that it can almost beat a 400 EX in a 300ft drag ( the 400 EX would have it's nose past my Raptor) My friend has a stock blaster and i think it can do about 55-60 ( if someone could clarify that, that would be nice) I think my Raptor is pushing 70 b/c my other buddie's 400EX goes about 75.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by micha3mart
ok, so your saying 4 stroke are slow and 2 stroke are fast? and they have less power per cc? that must be why the ENTIRE honda, kawasaki, suzuki, artic cat, polaris, and all of yamahas sport quad lineup for 2005 excluding the dated banshee, and blaster are ALL 4 strokes, ill tell ya there is nothing like those slow z400's or the new 450s they are slow, hell i should go buy a fast 2 stroke like the crazy fast blaster, maybe i can find someone in the neighborhood who is selling theres, possibly a 11 year old girl cause she outgrew it, and ya i bet if you do motor work to a blaster it can be fast, but id like to see your buddies, the 400ex destroyer, lol, motor work huh, what did he do put a raptor 4 stroke in it? and i can make my lawn mower fast if i do alot of engine mods, hell you can do engine work to a civic 4 cyl but its still never gonna match up to a bigger more powerful car. So if you could stop talking out of your a$$ that would be great!

Sorry,But I tend to disagree !!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by micha3mart

He was mumbling a little but I don't think out the a$$.

I agree with most however harsh and hard to swallow it is.
4-strokes have come a long way esp since the release of the 426f that pushed the other big three to play along. I think there is also a lot of preasure
by enviromental groups to do away with 2-stoke bikes all togeather. Moto gp bikes untill recently were built from the ground up just for racing 2-stokes Bad a$$ 200 plus hp. Superbike KILLERS !

I have 2 bikes that could put this into prespective KX500 and 426f
I would mutch rather trail ride or hair scamble on the 426 but the kx is just CRAZY :YEAH Verry unforgiving on the gas. Funny as hell to let folks ride .

I would mutch rather ride the new 4-strokes and do !! I have owned and or raced all of the bikes I mentioned. I organized and competed in 3 flat track races last year at Southern ohio speedway , thunder mountain and Laurenceburg speedway. I let a guy race a blaster in open B class with a 240 kit at southern Ohio and he got second place.Thats a 1/2 mile oval! OH Yea,I won A-class on a Bad azz 2-STROKE BANCHEE.

I don't in any way want to sound vein or lash out at anyone!!
Please share your views!!! I can disagree without fighting
Old 03-14-2005, 05:24 PM

Pics?? Proof??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	speedway1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	127954   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0004.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	127956   Click image for larger version

Name:	SOS #3.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	127957  
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2005, 05:53 PM

sorry, 2 blasters in that race. Thanks Eric!!
The green and yeller one got second I just sold it to my uncle the week before.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	444.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	127967   Click image for larger version

Name:	445.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	127968   Click image for larger version

Name:	446.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	127969  
Old 03-14-2005, 07:02 PM

stjoetalon is an unknown quantity at this point

He is right. Pound for pound, CC for CC a two stroke will almost ALWAYS make more horsepower. Take it or leave it.

That being said, I would much rather ride a 4 stroke for my every day riding.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:07 PM

micha3mart is an unknown quantity at this point

ok one yes pound for pound a 2 stoke will probally make more power, but its not as smooth and wide of a powerband as the 4stokes give you, as for the fast 2 stroke banshee your right, the banshee is like the 2nd sickest 2 stroke ever made in my opinion only second to the 250r both of which were ahead of their times, as for the environmental groups, yea there is alot of pressure by the tree huggers but i don't think thats the reason, its because the 4 stokes are more efficient engines with a smooth powerband.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:24 PM

BIGfugginRED is an unknown quantity at this point

this guy micha seems like a **** blowing chump. nobody said the blaster was faster than a z400 or a 450r, so stating that its not in a sarcastic manner just shows us you're not sure how to act your age.

tell that eleven year old girl you know to register with SL and post a vid, she's probably tighter than you.

Quick Reply: blaster ?