Turning while wheeliein

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 09:55 PM

250Rrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Turning while wheeliein

Does anybody know how to do this? I think i saw someone from the JT teaser turning a 400ex, the only way I can get mine to turn is if I have air low in one tire. And also how much airpressure is everbody runnin out there? Thanks alot!
Old 01-21-2005, 11:04 PM

Stuntin'Stunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Turning while wheeliein

i have alot of air in my tires and they both have to be the same if not then you will drift sooo bad to whatever side it is low on you wont be able to ride the wheelie. You have to make sure that they both have the same amount of pressure in both tires and that when you wheelie it doesnt drift to one side and all you do is shift your weight side to side, whether you are sittin on the seat and juss movin you *** from side to side and bowing one leg out to whatever side you are steering towards or you are on the 12 bar and are leanin' to tha side you want to turn towards, now granted it isnt like pullin a U-turn or anything but you could steer it around a slight curve or even sharper depending on how much you shift your weight. I think it also helps to turn your wheels the direction you are goin, i dunno if it works but i do it sooo...
Old 01-22-2005, 10:49 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

SeeMyZWheelie can only hope to improve
Re: Turning while wheeliein

Originally Posted by Stuntin'Stunna
i have alot of air in my tires and they both have to be the same if not then you will drift sooo bad to whatever side it is low on you wont be able to ride the wheelie. You have to make sure that they both have the same amount of pressure in both tires and that when you wheelie it doesnt drift to one side and all you do is shift your weight side to side, whether you are sittin on the seat and juss movin you *** from side to side and bowing one leg out to whatever side you are steering towards or you are on the 12 bar and are leanin' to tha side you want to turn towards, now granted it isnt like pullin a U-turn or anything but you could steer it around a slight curve or even sharper depending on how much you shift your weight. I think it also helps to turn your wheels the direction you are goin, i dunno if it works but i do it sooo...
OR, you can air ur tires down to about 1-2 psi... almost flat works best... then when u lean to the side, on tire stays almost the reg heighth, and the other "squats" and makes the bike turn... it'd be like havin a 22 on one side and a 18 on the other... whichever one ur leanin over is the 18, and the other is the 22.. the less air the better, cuz then u can usualls turn it around corners better...
In the JT NH ride vid, the warrior I'm riding had a slow leak in one tire, so it tended to drift like stuntinstunna said...