Washing my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 07:15 PM

diescared is an unknown quantity at this point
Washing my bike

What do yall use to wash your bikes and how the heck am I gonna wash it in winter its going to be freezing outside. I want something I can spray over the entire quad let it sit and rinse it off, or something that removes mud easy. What are yall using and how can I give my plastics a better shine?
Old 11-23-2004, 07:24 PM

Jimmah is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Washing my bike

Clean it good now and then WD-40 the ****er down. It will make the plastics shine plus when you get mud on it again it will come off easy. Don't do the seat though.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:07 PM

Speedy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimmah
Clean it good now and then WD-40 the ****er down. It will make the plastics shine plus when you get mud on it again it will come off easy. Don't do the seat though.
no u msut armor-al lthe seat NO DON'T!! lol my friend did that ...lol man d oyou sldie all over on those... lol he's not all there i nthe head... i use a secret mixture of cleaners for witner riding... i mist it all over the quad rub it in coem back in 20-30mins whipe it off the whenever i get it dirty i can just take a dry rag to it and it whips new and it STAYS shinny...
Old 11-23-2004, 08:14 PM

250Rrider is an unknown quantity at this point

You can spray some silicone on it after your done washing it. It will shine up the plastics and keep mud off of it.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:15 PM

Is spraying wd40 and stuff like that on the plastics bad for them? Like over time will it screw it up??
Old 11-23-2004, 09:00 PM

JordanCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

tire foam works
Old 11-23-2004, 10:09 PM

alfmoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diescared
What do yall use to wash your bikes and how the heck am I gonna wash it in winter its going to be freezing outside. I want something I can spray over the entire quad let it sit and rinse it off, or something that removes mud easy. What are yall using and how can I give my plastics a better shine?
you shouldnt ever have to clean it if u stick to the streets, besides it wouldnt be a stuntbike if u washed it
Old 11-24-2004, 01:36 AM

phatdug is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=diescared]Is spraying wd40 and stuff like that on the plastics bad for them? Like over time will it screw it up??[/QUOTI used to do the wd-40 think till I saw what it does over a period of time. ya it looks better when you first do it. but think about something wd40 is oil, dirt sticks to oil oil repells water. If I where you I would use the wd40 under the fenders but not on the metal. Then use simple green on the metal after you ride. but as for the cold I would move to south Texas it is nov and I am still ridding in shorts LOLOLOL
Old 11-24-2004, 12:33 PM

o.d.c. is an unknown quantity at this point

I spray mine with a pressure washer to get all of the big stuff off then spray it down with a degreaser (purple power). After that sits for a few minutes spray it down with the pressure washer again. Makes em look like new. The key to it though is the pressure washer. I couldn't live without one.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:13 PM

I wanted to get a pressure washer, I was looking at some electric ones at home-depot but I think they might be junk... I'll pick one up and see how I like it next week.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:26 PM

I wanted to get a pressure washer, I was looking at some electric ones at home-depot but I think they might be junk... I'll pick one up and see how I like it next week.
Check out northerntool.com. They have some real nice ones. I have a gas and electric and i like the electric one better. It was like $600 bucks new but its about 10 years old too and still works great. The gas one takes $2 worth of gas to wash a bike, plus mine is usually a bitch to start. My buddy has one of the $99.99 electric ones and he says it works fine too. It really just depends on what you want to do with it and how much you want to spend.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:27 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

nah man, they electric ones work great. a buddy of mine has one, and he pressure washed his driveway the other day...worked good. he also uses it on his truck. so itll definately work witha 4 wheeler. i typically just wash it with a mit, just like i was my truck(different mit of course) but it works, plus with the mit, u can get the wheels nice, and alot of other small places.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:48 PM

250Rrider is an unknown quantity at this point

I pressure washed the decals right off my quad once, so be carefull.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:45 PM

I plan to wash it with some kind of fan type attachment, or other broad attachment...dont want to blow water into any seals or anything.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:56 PM

I plan to wash it with some kind of fan type attachment, or other broad attachment...dont want to blow water into any seals or anything.
i've never seen one that didn't have an adjustable stream. most of them have adjustable pressure as well. you definatley have to be careful with one though...especially around radiators
Old 11-25-2004, 10:46 AM

4doubleOex is an unknown quantity at this point

SIMPLE GREEN! i swear by it, I use it for the fiffty, bike, quad, everything! Sprey simple green, rub in minorly, then rinse thoroughly with water. And if you dont have any spray the plastics with pledge.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:34 PM

DVNTMOTRSPORTS is an unknown quantity at this point

the castrol cleaner works really really well, make sure u buy the concentrated bottle, i buy it in the big like 5 gallon or maybe 3 gallon jug of it. dont spray it on any chrome or any metal that has been polished. it leaves behind a white film that you will need to buff out. but for cleaning plastic and something that doesnt have any shiny metals it will work excellent, spray on let it sit, and hose it off, everyhting comes off. also if you are cleaning anything with white plastic try using a brillo pad with the soapy stuff already in them it works great. i use it on my yfz4 fiddy, it takes out the stains u get from your pants rubbing against the plastic with mud. works really well.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Clutchitup.com

2 Vicious Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alfmoney
you shouldnt ever have to clean it if u stick to the streets, besides it wouldnt be a stuntbike if u washed it
U took the words right outta my mouth.

who cleans and shines a stunt bike.

I took 4 cans of krylon to mah quad, I didn't even wash the plastics first. LOL

and i cut the fenders with my power drill with a dremel cut off tool bit in it.

wrapped the handle bars in pipe insulation

we're good to go.

quad don't need to look good, U shood be what people are watchin. What ur ride loox like is in significant..

I was considerin takin all my plastics off, they just get in the way. Run quad streetfighter, frame, 12 bar and seat LOL
Old 11-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Regular StuntLifer

seth is an unknown quantity at this point

I use simple green or orange blast. just make sure whatever you put on there, you rinse it completely off.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:29 PM

Motopimp380 is an unknown quantity at this point

use a low pressure power washer, mine is 1400 psi and i got it from homie depot for 80 bucks