I want to know what all the women of the biker world think bout this

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 11:05 PM

gsxrchicky is an unknown quantity at this point
movie quote/"respect"

I haven't seen the preview yet, but the comment the actress made does sound off the mark and degrading, but she probably doesn't ride anyway except for the part in the movie, so she probably doesn't have any clue as to what she's even talking about! I just love how actors do a movie about something and then they're the newest expert on the subject - not, but anyway she may have just been commenting about her character only - who the hell knows.

As for "respect" people have for girls that ride... I can only comment on my experiences. I have had people make comments that seem like it's some heroic thing I'm doing by putting along on my bike. I appreciate the flattery/interest/comments/whatever, that I receive from it, but I don't think it's some amazing thing I am doing. When guys ride I've not witnessed them get all this ridiculous attention paid to them. Don't get me wrong here, I do accept and enjoy the flattery; however, I would ride with or without it, but it is a nice fringe benefit. The attention had absolutely no bearing on my decision to learn to ride a motorcycle. I ride because I love it and it's much more fun and cheaper than therapy, haha! The only thing I believe I accomplished for myself is that I got over the mental block that I could actually learn to ride and maintain my own bike because I am a girl. I don't like the fact that I was fearful due to chauvenistic prejudices, but I was, and I got over it. For that reason, I will always encourage a female who is interested in learning to ride to do so, because I hear them voice the same fear/block I had myself.

My greatest laugh at guys comments is how do you "ride being a girl and all" ..... geez well I don't know, how do they ride with their family jewels up against the tank?
Old 01-28-2003, 01:58 PM
DTE & CORE 6

Sulli is an unknown quantity at this point
Signal12_babe wrote:

As far as respect for being a female rider, Sulli is right, F the people who don't respect you. Respecting myself is more than enough.
This is just my 2 cents. [/B]
Sig12,
Just wanted to say thanks!

Myself and Ice Maiden will be seeing the movie and checking out people's reaction. Should be interesting. We were talking the other night on our way to Mohegan Sun,Ct. about this post and the movie, and how people react to female riders. I've seen guys that can't handle their bikes and talk **** about female riders. And there's nothing better than one of those jerks being smoked on the highway by "a chic on a bike" (no offense to the ladies on the board) Damn do they get ****'d and try to overcompensate for their hurt pride. lol
I love when Ice Maiden smokes past a guy,who's trying to be a hot-shot because she's a girl, I almost fall off my bike from laughing....because once she goes by....he lifts his head and body then tucks back down and tries to juice the throttle....lmfao
just to damn funny!

~Any other female riders experience that? or guys trying to cut you off, to prove their man hood?

well all I have to say is!

~Ride because you like to ride..Ride because you want to ride...Ride because you CAN!!!

take care ladies and keep the rubber side down.

Last edited by Sulli; 01-28-2003 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:01 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really nice
Originally posted by Insane02GIXXER
Damn, a gurl with true taste! owns suzuki and knows NX produces a better a NITROUS system that NAAAAWWWWWSSSS (NOS). forget the b/f, Marry me? lol j/k
HAHAHA, THANK YOU!!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:43 PM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't speak for the "Biker" community, but can say that in the "Stunter" world, it is not harder for a female stunter to get respect. To the contrary, a female stunter is the minority and gets more attention. If a guy goes out on the track and does a little power wheelie, people laugh. If a girl does it, people tell her how cool she is.

Girls who can actually ride shouldn't have any problems.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:26 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Zerocool95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell!! I'm all for the lady riders. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to hook punky up with a bike now. I love having the lady passengers, but you have to admit it's sick as hell when you can stop at home and they hop on their own ride and take off with ya.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:36 PM

Signal12_babe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Sulli
Sig12,
Just wanted to say thanks!

Myself and Ice Maiden will be seeing the movie and checking out people's reaction. Should be interesting. We were talking the other night on our way to Mohegan Sun,Ct. about this post and the movie, and how people react to female riders. I've seen guys that can't handle their bikes and talk **** about female riders. And there's nothing better than one of those jerks being smoked on the highway by "a chic on a bike" (no offense to the ladies on the board) Damn do they get ****'d and try to overcompensate for their hurt pride. lol
I love when Ice Maiden smokes past a guy,who's trying to be a hot-shot because she's a girl, I almost fall off my bike from laughing....because once she goes by....he lifts his head and body then tucks back down and tries to juice the throttle....lmfao
just to damn funny!

~Any other female riders experience that? or guys trying to cut you off, to prove their man hood?

~Ride because you like to ride..Ride because you want to ride...Ride because you CAN!!!

Sulli,
Man, you have some great sayings
Well, I just saw the premere this past tuesday, and all I have to say, is that everyone is making a bigger deal out of this movie then what it came out to be. There is not much going on in the movie about women riders. Yes, there are women riders in the movie, but none of them talk about the difficulties of being a women in the biker community trying to fit in. The movie is better than what I thought it was going to be, but they are some things in the movie that I really don't agree with.
Anyways, I hope you get a chance to see it, and I hope you enjoy it.
Ride safe
~Kim
Old 01-30-2003, 12:51 PM
MISCHIEVOUS!

~Carms~ is a decent person
Well, say whatever... But I have never been shot down for being a girl and knowing how to ride.. Everyone will say what they feel, but it may or never be the reality of what the situation is or how the real world is towards female riders... I feel that all girl who rides or wants to learn to ride can be as good if not better than the male riders.. I have out ridden a few guys (racing) in my time.. But who cares about what Sweet in Low I mean Half and Half has to say!!

Last edited by ~Carms~; 01-30-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:47 PM

punky is an unknown quantity at this point
You know what? **** everyone and anyone that won't give a chick credit for ridin'/stuntin'. OH!!! And for this movie~ **** this girl. She is oblivious to everything.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:54 PM

crixiegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
I am also a female rider and haven't seen the movie yet so I can't judge it on if it's going to be representative of real life or not or give us a bad name... but I can agree with the fact that what half and half said is bullshit... I ride with all guys and they expect just as much out of me as they do anyone else who rides and I don't expect to be treated any differently just because I'm a girl, I try just as hard to stunt and if anything it seems to get more recognition then guys get when a girl stunts just because it's a GIRL stuntin... but I don't expect any special treatment.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:09 PM
ZIMBABWE!!!!!!!!!!

LSR Najwa is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it's bullshit what she said. It's an idiotic statement from an actress who obviously has no idea of the motorcycle world. It didn't even effect me at all because comments that come from people that have no idea what they are talking about, are useless in getting upset over! Girls...Keep ridin' strong!!
PEACE!
Old 01-30-2003, 10:19 PM

gsxrchicky is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to agree with Gina; most of the time guys are totally wowed by something a girl rider does, so from my experience, showing up guys isn't a big deal to me. That's not why I ride. When I ride with someone who is a "better" rider than myself I look at it as an opportunity to learn from them, not to try to show someone up. Yeah I had a guy in a large group act like an ******* once, but he ended up being publicly embarrassed all by himself while trying to get me to crash! - so no big deal to me it's once in 5-6 years that's happened, who cares!
Old 02-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
to me it doesnt matter if ur a guy or a girl....if u like to ride and stunt u have my respect no matter what...
Old 02-02-2003, 11:44 PM

the_girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Sulli

I have had guys crash trying to pass me and/or stay ahead. It always makes me shake my head and chuckle.

Because I speak my mind ... loud and proud ... instead of doing the double talk everyone else does, it's got my **** in trouble more than enough times and I'm not too popular. I don't put up with disrespect and I don't like trash talk. I have no issue with addressing people's misconceptions.

Guys with fragile egos and small minds don't like me and avoid me ... girls who don't understand that there are guys who don't think women have a 'place' in the motorcycle "community" think that I am out of line. I find that some girls go out of the way to blend with the guys just so they don't "stand out".

The only thing I've ever expected was to be treated like any other motorcyclist who rolls in ... I know that cause I'm female, some guys don't know how to react or what to say. I *do* think that if I have proven my riding abilities beyond a doubt then I should be treated with some respect.

It's not a perfect world ... never will be ... :D I do my own thing and try to play nice with others. LOL
Old 02-13-2003, 09:38 PM

Swayz is an unknown quantity at this point
link below to see half and halfs stupid *** comment

Last edited by Swayz; 02-14-2003 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:13 AM
MISCHIEVOUS!

Originally posted by Swayz
Well here it is I have worked hard on getting this to you all enjoy
Swayz http://www.swayzstyle.web1000.com/mixed-004-0001.ram
'Hey guy its not working...:twelve
Old 02-14-2003, 08:57 AM

it works for me , do you have realplayer you need that or try to go throught the site www.SwayzStyle.web1000.com let me know
Swayz
Old 02-14-2003, 10:43 AM

If you are having a prblem and have real player installed, please let me know?? thanks all
Swayz
Old 02-14-2003, 02:16 PM

Someone reply that they at least saw it so I know it works
Old 02-18-2003, 12:17 PM

Wildkc is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

Men suck! New here! I just have to say that when I Ride, I get a lot of **** from men around here. I am just learning to do tricks on my bike, but when I am on the highway here in OHIO......bikers, even cars go off the road, and That is dangerous.....whats the big deal????? I am tired of men making it a BIG deal for us women, there are no clubs around here for me, so I usually ride with men, I am the only girl. Sorry....venting now. I just think its tuff here where I am, you get nocked down alot for being a girl.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	we5.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	12464  
Old 02-18-2003, 12:42 PM
MISCHIEVOUS!

There is no reason they should treat you that way.. Usually guys think its cool when a girl can ride.. Dont let it bother you.. Who cares what they say.. As long as you enjoy riding then screw them.. Sometimes I would have more fun riding by myself then with others.. I guess thats just me..

Quick Reply: I want to know what all the women of the biker world think bout this