Stunting On My Own-tips???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 01:42 PM

ladygixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Stunting On My Own-tips???

I ride a 01 GSXR 750. I have been riding about 4 1/2 years now. Since I got my new bike, I noticed it's easier to pull it up. I can wheelie it, but I'm scared to try to ride it. I have been practicing and I'm getting better, but if you know of any good tips on what else I can do, let me know. I can do some good stoppies too, but eventually I would like to roll on them.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:10 PM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you bouncing it or clutching it up?
Pull it up as slow as possible and try to get the front wheel a little higher each time you practice. Don't rush it.
I prefer to stand, but I come from a motocross background and my bike is set up like a big dirt bike.:D
Post some pics.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:54 AM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
just keep practicing get it up higher. Don't clutch it in first gear. learn to pull it up with the powerband. Second gear, I prefer to clutch it, it is a lot easier to get up. But don't fully engage the clutch maybe, 1/8 to 1/4 inch. It will take practice but you can do it.
Endos, well, take your time and learn slow. A good speed for rolling endos is 40mph unless you can jack the rear end up fast and high then 30mph is good for 5 to 10 ft.

be carefull and have fun.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:20 AM

ladygixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I'm not clutching it - that's for sure. Really don't have to. Hitting the gas a little going about 38-40 mph and it just raises up so easy. I don't believe I'll really have to clutch it. There was a few times when I got it up kinda high and when I brought it back down, it bounced up on me again. I learned that I have to have my hand just right on the throttle in order to prevent that from happening. It's scary though. I'm practicing and trying to be careful. But thanks for the advice girls! Nobody else in my group has the nerve to do ------ so somebody has to.