Your Motive

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:51 PM

richfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Your Motive

i want to get a tattoo.. but i don't really know what i want.. I don't want to get something that everyone has.. and i have no drawing capablities.. so i was just wanting to ask the ppl of stuntlife.. What was your reason for getting inked.. What was the event or motivation.. other then "it looked cool..." or "my friends got one so i will also..: post up...
Old 10-09-2005, 10:31 PM
JD
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JD is a decent person
Re: Your Motive

Aite well i wont post my pic up of mine cuz i want it to stay original...but here is what i decided, i wanted one tat with alot of meaning...
other deciding factors

Wanted a cross
Wanted a chinese symbol
Wanted first name tatted on me
Wanted it to have meaning...i added those all together and came out with a pimp idea...

Alot of people get stuff cuz its cool...i got mine cuz it has alot of meaning to me....take your time and think it out...when i decided i wanted ink it took me about 3-4 months to come up with the idea i wanted...be patient it will come to ya...

i want a new tat but no clue what i want, been wantin it for like over a year but still cant decide...
Old 10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

got a cross cuz i said i would always have one, got praying hands with dog tags with the initials RFS for my grandpa that dies when i was at basic, and JEJ for my buddy that was killed during basic, and soldier on my back in broken stone old english cuz its a title that i earned that no one can ever take from me, i got broken stone for the way it looked i didnt want the tacky plain old english that everyones got
Old 10-10-2005, 10:16 AM

OverDose is an unknown quantity at this point

i got flames up me arm just because i wanted to go faster and im too lazy to go to the gym

because they make you go faster
Old 10-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

I got a Tigger on my ankle when I was 18 and too stupid to know better (and it's not small either). But it's the only thing my ex bought me that he couldn't take back!
I got a celtic knotwork design on my lower back (before everyone was doing it!) because I liked the meaning of it.
Now I want angel wings with my sons names intertwined in the feathers on my back somewhere. Can't decide where yet.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:22 PM

AlwayzOn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

:YEAH part of the reason i got mine,was because the rents were against the idea
Old 10-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point

My first was just because. My second was to remind me where I came from and what ive gone through. Im not where I wanna be yet, but im sure not where I was.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Regular StuntLifer

ocean is an unknown quantity at this point

my left arm is sleeved with alot of old skewl & some new skewl religious symbols and meaning.....plus i have my sons initials and dates of birth surrounded by praying hands----

got a banner across my stomach and 2 on my chest that are also faith oriented

got my family shield on my right upper arm

and i got dragon on my right forearm---symbol for my favorite hardcore band
Old 10-16-2005, 08:40 PM

AlwayzOn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

got a pic of the family shield?**** sounds tight
Old 10-19-2005, 04:12 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

I have a big chest piece of a monarch butterfly (The 1972 film "Papillion" starring Steve MCQueen about a mans struggle for freedom inspired it)

A lower back piece in Old English lettering "Stone NYC" (Just in case they need to ID the body)

"12:00" on my calf. (My first street-bike film that changed the game as we know it) (Someday I'd like to get "Black Sheep Squadron")

Chinese lettering down my other calf (A dedication to my brothers wife who passed away tragiclly very young)

Stars on my big toes (Why not?)
Old 10-19-2005, 01:14 PM

929_uR is a decent person

i heart butterflies...and pink sports jersies.
(j/k i love drew and want to be in his movies) :YEAH
maybe i'll check out that bigtime influential movie you saw, get a little insight eh??

if your thinking about gettin your first tat. make a list..sh.it. thats important to you. things that you feel strongly about. your heritage. your beliefs. then research symbolism behind the things you like and come up with some images and ideas. then talk to a tat. artist and tell them the idea, and the reasoning behind it..and see what they can do. most times they'll take your idea and work it up with their style and some of their own input.

i go to www.stinkymonkeytattoos.com
Old 10-19-2005, 01:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

giger is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't ever get a tattoo just bc you think its cool..That is just retarded, And dont rush into a tattoo..Get something you have a passion for.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by giger
Don't ever get a tattoo just bc you think its cool..That is just retarded, And dont rush into a tattoo..Get something you have a passion for.
like steve-o and chris pontius of the wildboys/jackass

getting the same tats as that tomb raider chick so they could bone her ahha
he got billy bob on his arm hahaha gold
Old 10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
*Sportbike Princess*

~Tara~ is a glorious beacon of light~Tara~ is a glorious beacon of light~Tara~ is a glorious beacon of light~Tara~ is a glorious beacon of light~Tara~ is a glorious beacon of light~Tara~ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by richfunk
i want to get a tattoo.. but i don't really know what i want.. I don't want to get something that everyone has.. and i have no drawing capablities.. so i was just wanting to ask the ppl of stuntlife.. What was your reason for getting inked.. What was the event or motivation.. other then "it looked cool..." or "my friends got one so i will also..: post up...

find someone or a friend that can draw you up something that comes from you and your heart and mind. It'll be original unless they use the outline on someone else lol but its something YOU thought of.

Both of mine are originals and both were drawn up so they are MY ORIGINALS. :YEAH
Old 10-20-2005, 12:51 PM

WayFastWhitey88 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have 5 of them. and all 5 mean something to me. except one. the dragon on my leg was my first. my friend drew it up and i liked how it looked. the tribal on my wrist i just liked. and the birds on my chest are for my beother and sister and hi have Carpe Diem on my upper arm. and that is how i live my life. thats y i got mine...
Old 10-20-2005, 01:01 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i have 2.. first one is a half sleeve on my right arm.. it includes a dragon, fire, water, lightining, clouds, hibiscus and tribal swirls... it represents daoism, the dragon is because the saint i was named after was the dragon slayer, the fire and water is a fav quote of mine "fire cools water seeks it's level" meaning everything will work out, lightining represents the release of tension and static.. hibiscus cuz it's peaceful, and clouds cuz they are fluffy like *****.. and the tribal swirls cuz it makes it look pimp.. oh, and i hate my mom

kidding about the mom

oh, and the other is on the inside of my left bicept, it's the same tat my good friend had, he passed away on his bike, so i went and got it on the most painful spot i could think.. it's a star with his initials in it, and tribal stuff coming out
Old 10-21-2005, 12:57 AM

bigman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two, well one and one that is about half finished, both have distinctive meanings to me. My first was on my right calf, and it now goes full circle, with a rising sun and a peregrine falcon rising above the kanji from the side of a Hayabusa, and the words rider for life under it on the outside of the calf and a dark ominous thunder storm with lightning on the inside (the side I see all the time) all of it is over water. It started when I was hit head on by a car on my Busa, and everyone I know wanted to know when I was going to stop riding, as it was my third wreak involving injury in 10months. The rising sun and the bright colored outside is all about the positive in my life, the falcon is rising to soar, much as we all do after we get our lives back on track after we hit bottom, and the inside is symbolic of the darker side of me, the part of me that has hit bottom, and it goes full circle, because much like life there are good days and bad days, but you just got to keep getting back up, and it will repeat over and over until the end. So, my leg is symbolic of my life, and my back is symbolic of the influences in my life that made me, well me. I am about halfway finished with it, however, I doubt that it will ever truly be finished, as it will grow as my life continues, and I will continue to add to it till it is about the coverage of a short sleeve shirt. So far, it has a reflecting pond under a water fall with the virgin (the symbolic virgin of Virgos) in it to represent me, then around it there is an eagle on my left shoulder for my dad, and a dove on the right shoulder blade for my mom, and there is trees and some leaves on the ground to tie it all together, there will soon be a moon and stars above the dove to represent one of two girls that have become my little sisters I never had, and her son who sort of changed my out look on life, and the other will be represented by hibiscus flowers around the pond with a butterfly on one of the flowers will be symbolic of her daughter. The two girls and their children helped me see that there was a reason to live in a time where I wasn’t sure if I should try to continue on. And from there it will, I’m sure, it will grow as my life grows. I’m sure as things progress I will find a reason to add another independent tattoo on a different part of my body, but it will just happen as it happens, the tattoo chouses you, you don’t chouse the tattoo.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:42 AM

929_uR is a decent person

[/QUOTE]oh, and the other is on the inside of my left bicept, it's the same tat my good friend had, he passed away on his bike, so i went and got it on the most painful spot i could think.. it's a star with his initials in it, and tribal stuff coming out[/QUOTE]

cmon p.u.s.s.y. inside of the arm was the most painful part you could think of?? i got my second tat there, and it goes into my armpit, and it didnt even really hurt anymore than the outside of my bicep..try your inner thigh, or your armpit, or your feet. most painful i live for the pain! :YEAH
Old 10-22-2005, 12:36 PM

over the colar bone has been the worst ive had, arms dont hurt colar bone well it wakes you up

got a new one tonight guardian angel on my right forearm
Old 10-22-2005, 06:43 PM

bigman is an unknown quantity at this point

oh, and the other is on the inside of my left bicept, it's the same tat my good friend had, he passed away on his bike, so i went and got it on the most painful spot i could think.. it's a star with his initials in it, and tribal stuff coming out[/QUOTE]

cmon p.u.s.s.y. inside of the arm was the most painful part you could think of?? i got my second tat there, and it goes into my armpit, and it didnt even really hurt anymore than the outside of my bicep..try your inner thigh, or your armpit, or your feet. most painful i live for the pain! :YEAH[/QUOTE]

Ya, on the feet thing, I truly love it when a girl comes into the shop where I get my work done at, and wants to get her first tattoo, and wants to get it on her foot, and then doesn’t understand how someone can set there through 5, 6, or 8 hours of work on something like their back or calf, when she was in tears within seconds. I think it might just be that he must ask them about five times if their sure they want it on their foot before he gets started.