CRF Dual Caliper Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:25 PM

12oclocker is an unknown quantity at this point
CRF Dual Caliper Setup!

The new hotness! CRF Dual Caliper Handbrake setup!! Big thanks to Bill at Fullthrottleinc for taking the time to make this killer piece!!
If you got a crf and are looking for a killer handbrake setup, this is it.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold
Re: CRF Dual Caliper Setup!

Old 12-16-2008, 04:53 AM

MARAT is a decent person

Nice!!! It seems that this Tokico caliper is much bigger than the stock one. What master do you use for it? After you’ll try it, please tell how it works...
I had used Nissin ½ master with stock caliper at first, and I couldn’t stop the rear wheel with one finger. Then I read in Ryan’s post that he has the same problem and changed his caliper to a bigger supermoto Bracking one. I did the same. This Bracking caliper piston is 3mm wider than my WR stock caliper. I didn’t feel big difference when I was riding. Still need too much power to lock up the wheel with one finger…May be I just need to get used to it…
Old 12-16-2008, 04:57 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Looks sick

But that 12bar thing is horrible.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:46 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nags
Looks sick

But that 12bar thing is horrible.
+1 and the rear pegs
Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Wannabe

Zarrell is a decent person

Wow thats freakin awsome, that bracket thing theyr mounted on is a custom one I presume? Like those from hohey?
Looks really nice. And as Marat wrote, what master cylinder do you use for it?
Those pegs and bar look comfy to ride with aswell , although a real 12bar to scrape would probly look nicer.
Anyway, can't wait to see it in action
Old 12-16-2008, 11:02 AM

it's a 1/2" nissin master at the bars, and a sportbike caliper at the rear, bill at fullthrottleinc designed and built the bracket, and machined the rear caliper with the bracket so there would be no clearance issues. I'll let you guys know how it performs as soon as I get this thing out for a ride.... I know the footbar is not very 'cool' looking, lol. but it will serve the purpose for now, probably next winter I'll work on getting something done that looks a little sharper. there is a bar that's getting machined similar to MARAT's that will bolt in the end, its just not done yet.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Wannabe

(Not to threadjack but since we're discussing dual caliper setups...)

Hmmm I found a way of fixing a dualcaliper setup for my bike but question is do you really need a caliper that big like the Tokico one? I was going to go with the gold one in this picture (which is the same as my current stock one) but the guy is selling front caliper for the same price.

I can mount either one but I'm concerned I would get too good braking with that gray front one. I'm not used to handbrakes so it would be hard to control but still, I wanna be able to use one finger.

Last edited by Zarrell; 12-21-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Scott982 is a decent person

Does anyone know if Bill is making one for a yzf yet?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:06 PM
houstons tard

white bandito is a decent person

idk but i dont need anymore stopping power than just the adaptor set up. i can kill the bike if i pres it hard enough with one finger.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:20 PM
myspace.com/dustindstunts

secret weapon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 12oclocker
The new hotness! CRF Dual Caliper Handbrake setup!! Big thanks to Bill at Fullthrottleinc for taking the time to make this killer piece!!
If you got a crf and are looking for a killer handbrake setup, this is it.

good rear brake setup now it might be a good idea to talk to ryan moore about a rear 12 bar /subframe with the pegs, his setup is
Old 12-22-2008, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Zarrell
(Not to threadjack but since we're discussing dual caliper setups...)
Hmmm I found a way of fixing a dualcaliper setup for my bike but question is do you really need a caliper that big like the Tokico one? I was going to go with the gold one in this picture (which is the same as my current stock one) but the guy is selling front caliper for the same price.

I can mount either one but I'm concerned I would get too good braking with that gray front one. I'm not used to handbrakes so it would be hard to control but still, I wanna be able to use one finger.
yeah you need one that big, the front caliper I can almost bet wont fit right, I thought a front would fit on my rear till it actually came time to size it up, and there were clearance issues. In fact the oversized rear caliper is machined on the backside to avoid clearance issues.

Does anyone know if Bill is making one for a yzf yet?
He's got a dual caliper design working for the new WR250X ive seen, not sure if it would bolt up to the YZF or not.

good rear brake setup now it might be a good idea to talk to ryan moore about a rear 12 bar /subframe with the pegs, his setup is
Yeah i know ryan's **** is always pimp'n, he live's in cali though and dosent have a 250x, he was the first person I talked to when trying to get a custom subframe done.
next winter I'll probably go round 2 with another subframe design, I know it don't look too stylish, but it's gonna get the job done, lol
Old 12-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Wannabe

yeah you need one that big, the front caliper I can almost bet wont fit right, I thought a front would fit on my rear till it actually came time to size it up, and there were clearance issues. In fact the oversized rear caliper is machined on the backside to avoid clearance issues.
Hmm ok I'll go down to my bike and ceck how much room I have between the rims and disk. Otherwise I guess I'll just go with the simple stock rear one, I don't think I'm experienced enough to need that kind of stopping power anyway
Old 12-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Wannabe

Sorry bout the double post but I can't edit for some reason.

Went to a friend today who had several calipers lying around. He he, 12oclocker you were totally right I didn't expect those front calipers to be that big, never seen them off a bike before, anyway even some small rear calipers didnt fit. Came up with this as a temporary solution, looks like **** I know but it works although I have to squeeze the lever like crazy with my finger . Anyway, going to order a larger caliper tomorow and get myself a nice radial master cylinder, current one takes up too much room on the handlebar,barely room for the clutch(thats why the brake lever is on top, which kinda sucks) . I'll post pics when I got a proper setup, although it won't be as nice as urs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00795.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	218510   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00798.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	218511  
Old 12-23-2008, 01:34 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

nice,I bet thats strong as hell
Old 12-23-2008, 11:31 AM

Zarrell that bracket looks dangerous, lol, you know if those brackets even move slightly left or right when you nail the brake and lock your caliper, you could buckle it and snap or bend your rotor.
take of pic of your rear foot master and post it up for me, I may have some ideas for you, also tell me the number on your foot master, it will eithor say "1/2" or "5/8" or "14" or something like that.

since your rear master is rather large, and has the reservoir inlet, you can go with this setup:
call up rekluse, and order a replacement master cylinder lever, the master cylinder lever from them is $60 usd. its a 9.5mm master.
make sure to tell them you already have a rekluse kit, and your master cylinder and lever broke in a wreck.
also order the clutch cap from them, or you could order the easy pull clutch cap from GPtechLLC.
dont order the whole gptech setup, just the clutch cap.
run the full throttle tap to your rear master, and you should be good to go.
the 9.5mm master cylinder will give you the strength you need.
the only thing stronger is the new KTM clutch master which is 9mm, and has integrated hotstart lever which you could use for the clutch.
(ktm clutch master https://www.ktm-parts.com/mm5/mercha...Code=SBBMAGURA its cheaper on ebay, $129 I think)

Last edited by 12oclocker; 12-23-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Wannabe

Zarrell that bracket looks dangerous, lol, you know if those brackets even move slightly left or right when you nail the brake and lock your caliper, you could buckle it and snap or bend your rotor.
take of pic of your rear foot master and post it up for me, I may have some ideas for you, also tell me the number on your foot master, it will eithor say "1/2" or "5/8" or "14" or something like that.

since your rear master is rather large, and has the reservoir inlet, you can go with this setup:
call up rekluse, and order a replacement master cylinder lever, the master cylinder lever from them is $60 usd. its a 9.5mm master.
make sure to tell them you already have a rekluse kit, and your master cylinder and lever broke in a wreck.
also order the clutch cap from them, or you could order the easy pull clutch cap from GPtechLLC.
dont order the whole gptech setup, just the clutch cap.
run the full throttle tap to your rear master, and you should be good to go.
the 9.5mm master cylinder will give you the strength you need.
the only thing stronger is the new KTM clutch master which is 9mm, and has integrated hotstart lever which you could use for the clutch.
(ktm clutch master https://www.ktm-parts.com/mm5/mercha...Code=SBBMAGURA its cheaper on ebay, $129 I think)
Lol I know, but it's actually more solid than it looks. I don't get enough pressure with that cylinder to lock the tire at more than like 5mph anyway. This is what my rear master looks like.. but I really wanna go with a dual caliper setup, I already ordered a larger and better caliper which I am convinced will fit, I just need to find a good master cylinder. I emailed Bill at fullthrottleinc, who said they were going to make setups for the DRZ aswell. So I thought I could ask what just the mounting bracket and perhaps a master cylinder would cost, is the one you have a radial master? Because I'll need one to have room for the clutch. About the clutch, I'm going to get a raptor ezpull. Would your idea with the 9mmKTM master and the small clutch be as good as say for example a brembo 16x18 master with an ezpull clutch?
Thanks for the tips
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PC150210.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	218515  

Last edited by Zarrell; 12-23-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

+1 On GPTech, Geoff is a good guy and does a lot of stuff on my forum 450Forum.com for the 450 and 250 conversion race bikes!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zarrell
Lol I know, but it's actually more solid than it looks. I don't get enough pressure with that cylinder to lock the tire at more than like 5mph anyway. This is what my rear master looks like.. but I really wanna go with a dual caliper setup, I already ordered a larger and better caliper which I am convinced will fit, I just need to find a good master cylinder. I emailed Bill at fullthrottleinc, who said they were going to make setups for the DRZ aswell. So I thought I could ask what just the mounting bracket and perhaps a master cylinder would cost, is the one you have a radial master? Because I'll need one to have room for the clutch. About the clutch, I'm going to get a raptor ezpull. Would your idea with the 9mmKTM master and the small clutch be as good as say for example a brembo 16x18 master with an ezpull clutch?
Thanks for the tips
no problem man, that KTM 9mm is going to be way better then the brembo 16x18, the brembo wont work well with a small rear caliper (I know cause I got a brembo 16x18)...
But for your setup, I would go with rekluse master, GPtechLLC ez pull cap, fullthrottleinc superduty adapter tap. or you could wait until bill gets dual caliper brackets made for you bike.

this is the master Im running on my bike right now, its non radial...
Old 12-27-2008, 08:43 AM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

12oclocker, how much was this bracket & line. i want one, setup is pimp !

Quick Reply: CRF Dual Caliper Setup!