Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

Where are some crazy twisty roads in the Northwest Chicago area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 11:08 PM

Blackout is an unknown quantity at this point
Where are some crazy twisty roads in the Northwest Chicago area?

I am looking for some new crazy twisty roads in the Northwest Chicago area? Where should I start?
Old 06-20-2004, 04:48 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
Re: Where are some crazy twisty roads in the Northwest Chicago area?

go on i-290 at 630pm and carve the cars at 130mph...those are our twisties...cant miss them. once you get good those ones then try the dan ryan....
Old 06-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point

The best road in the Chicago area (that I know of) is actually far southeast, and that would be Dupont road. Take 55 south to I-80 West. I-80 to RTE 47 south. Rte. 47 south to Dupont Road. Turn right (west) on Dupont road and go about 5 miles and the twisties begin. As you get into the "town" area stay right. It turns into 25th ave. Follow it right again as it turns into Mckinnley. Take Mckinnley west untill you hit Rte23. Go north on RTE. 23 to Rte 71. Turn left RIGHT BEFORE you hit the bridge that goes over the river. Now follow that to Starved Rock for some even better twisties.

It's probably a trudge for you ... but you asked for twisties and thats the route I take when looking for twisties..... plus the resident curve carver (DoubleRJeff) seems to like it.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:03 PM

hcaz095 is an unknown quantity at this point

shaggy is correct, i live in the joliet area, and these are the closest you'll get. sorry. i cant speak for the north side at all. but you have to go towards morris, IL to get some decent roads. check out yahoo maps and click around, you can see the decent ones, but there are animals on these roads and trucks/ gravel, so be careful, but they sure are fun. one of the best roads is very dangerous, dupont road before you come into seneca, IL....it is privately own and has a lot of truck traffic, as there is some chemial plants around it. dont be a super *** on it as they can shut the road down and keep it closed to the public, it si so tight though that it would be hard and very usensible to go really fast....also, the I&M heritage drive from morris to seneca is pretty decent...but is is slick as **** if it rains as it is crushed & oiled limestone...

also, all of these roads have tons of bugs starting 45 mins before sunset and they get dam cold...if you can make the trip to starved rock it is worth it, but quite a hike....and there are some cops and stupid cages that cross the yellows as it gets really tight on some corners.

my experience as a carver has led me all over, and i havent found anything in any other direction but this one. if you know of some, let me know...i found a few up by gurnee/ fox lake/ chain of lakes area, but that has a heavier population density and police density...if you follow any waterway (rivers mainly) there is usually decent roads as the wind and change elevation and so must the roads. from aurora to elgin doesnt look bad, but i couldnt say.

let us know if you find any.
Zach
Old 06-21-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

CatWLights is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R6bbie
go on i-290 at 630pm and carve the cars at 130mph...those are our twisties...cant miss them. once you get good those ones then try the dan ryan....