Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

Q Left Us

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, I had to do some digging to get the address. I know how to get there just not the address. Sometimes it pays to work in a real estate office.

Rt 59 to Continental (which is the stop light north of Butterfield) turn left and go west a couple blocks, turn right at Harvard.

Address is 2S666 Harvard.

P.S. Parking sucks!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 04:07 PM

929MIKE is an unknown quantity at this point
Still trying to sink all of this in.... I was in the process of buying airline tickets to chicago for shaggy's party when I clicked over for a thread post on Q.... Why does **** like this happen to the good ones? So many memories so little time to share.....It is so unfair....

"Q" rest in peace...You will always be in our thoughts and prayers...

929mike
Old 10-23-2003, 07:17 PM

Tigger is an unknown quantity at this point
i will be driving over for the wake and funeral. its a terrible thing that such an amazing person has now left us here. i just pray that he passed, fully understanding how many people loved and cared for him. and knew how many people he helped through life and terrible times just by his simple acts of kindness and compassion that just came naturally to him. i know he does not need our prayers, because he is in a wonderful place now. i will forever keep his wife and family in my prayers because they are the ones who will need the help getting through this. i hope everyone else will pray for them too. i will forever miss Q and hear his wonderful singing that helped me to stay sane and deal with awful things. we miss you and love you Q!!!!

tiffany
Old 10-23-2003, 08:05 PM
7th StuntLife Forum Member

BiG C is an unknown quantity at this point
May he RIP! He will be truly missed by all, and never forgotten by any.

Carll
Old 10-23-2003, 09:26 PM

900 Fury is an unknown quantity at this point
RIP Q

I never knew you, but I know you were strong 'til the end......
Old 10-24-2003, 12:38 AM

t-pole is an unknown quantity at this point
Dam, I only rode with Q a few times, but had a blast with him, sorry bro.

RIP

Old 10-24-2003, 12:42 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Old 10-24-2003, 09:58 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Wish I could have read this sooner and made it out last night. I'm sorry to hear his loss, but happy to know he's at peace. Hope we can all take a ride to remember the great Q!
Old 10-24-2003, 10:35 AM
Regular StuntLifer

929NUT is an unknown quantity at this point
The hardest thing about death is the surviving people. Death makes people angry. The "why did it happen to him", "why did he take him". I understand death is a time of mourning, but Q is in a better place. We should be happy that he doesnt have to fight any more, or live in pain. He is at peace now. In a place up above where the days are always sunny, and the roads are always dry. Riding with that big smile on his face. I dont regret not seeing him in his final days. He put up a long and heroic fight all the way to the end. But I want to remember him when he laughed and smiled. The Good Times. You can rest easily now Q. You will always have a place in our hearts, and you will always be remembered.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:42 AM

kc50 is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember Q with the biggest grin on his face after rippin a wheelie on his loud as hell Tiller. Next time your out on your bike...lift the front wheel in memory of our friend Q. Sunday is goin to be cold....but fuggit lets ride for our boy. Lemme know
Old 10-24-2003, 10:45 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Fortson, Quentin H.

Quentin H. Fortson of Warrenville The funeral for Quentin H. Fortson, 27, formerly of Chicago, will begin at 9:30 a.m. Monday, at Williams-Woodward Funeral Home, Route 59 and Pine Street, West Chicago, and proceed to Resurrection Church, Route 59 and Army Trail Road, Wayne, where a Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Born Dec. 4, 1975, in Chicago, he died Thursday, Oct. 23, 2003, at Meadowbrook Manor in Naperville. Interment will be in Assumption Cemetery, Winfield. Mr. Forston was a heavy equipment operator for Prairie Construction Company and was part time with the Stone Park Fire Department. He attended West Chicago High School and was an avid motorcycle rider. Quentin is survived by his parents, Lloyd and Jo Anne; brother, Lloyd; maternal grandparents, James and Dorothy Esters; great-grandmother, Gladys A. Robinson; nephew, Jared A. Fortson; uncles, James R. (Gail) Esters, and Alvin, Harvey, and Claybourne Jr. Miller; aunts, Virginia (John) Taylor, Mary Hubbard, Marilyn and Nancy Miller, Sherilyn Gumm and Beverly (Albert) Burns; his fiancee Brenda Thompson; and several cousins. He was preceded in death by his paternal grandmother, Alberta Fortson. Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Sunday, at the funeral home. Friends may visit www.dailyherald.com/obits to express condolences and sign the guest book. For funeral information, (630)231-1300.
Published in the Chicago Suburban Daily Herald on 10/24/2003.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:46 AM

zeusrotty is an unknown quantity at this point
yes.... les ride!!!!!
Old 10-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Regular StuntLifer

929NUT is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm game for the ride. Light up a couple wheelies for remembering a great man. Post a time and a place, and I'll be there. Dont matter if it's 30 degrees out.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
I just dont understand all this death we see... Its NEVER the ******** and *********... ALWAYS the best guys we know...

Think about all our friends who have died... Not ONE of them has been a bad person or a dick. They are the greatest guys outta the group. ALL OF THEM. Seriously...

I dont get it.... Q was one of the greatest guys around...
Old 10-24-2003, 01:14 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Silver Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Shugga
I just dont understand all this death we see... Its NEVER the ******** and *********... ALWAYS the best guys we know...

Think about all our friends who have died... Not ONE of them has been a bad person or a dick. They are the greatest guys outta the group. ALL OF THEM. Seriously...

It's always that way. When one of my good friends died I felt the exact same way.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:14 PM

sbari24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Shugga

Well said Shugg....none of this makes sense. I wish we could really know why all the good ones leave us.....

Q will be missed, he was the type of person that could always bring a smile to my face.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:36 PM

Heff929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Didnt know him personally but sorry to hear about any rider, best wishes to his family and friends.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:21 PM

zeusrotty is an unknown quantity at this point
yup it does and you are soooooooooooofine. ahem... anyway, i have known Q since 1990 and couldnt ever say anything bad about him. he was always nice to everyone and was always funny as hell. the last time i saw him happy and singing at a party in elgin is how i will always remember Q.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Creater/Founder

OK this is gonna be long and ramble but I been thinkin about our Q Dawg alot and I wanna share my thoughts....

Originally posted by Virginia Pee
Let me just express my opinion on what Shugga said. You always remember the best about a person that has passed.
No no no... Anyone that knew him... Seriously...

Only thing bad I can think of about Q is that we annoyed the hell outta ya because he was SUCH an outgoing person he would talk your ear off!

I always told him that I love him to death, but he annoys the **** outta me cause hes so damn loud, nice and talkative.... hmmm Like me!!!

He would bend over backwards for his friends, loved to make ya smile and laugh, loved to have a good time, and was a social butterfly, loud social butterfly... but still a outgoing person like hell.

I was thinking about Q... Danny... Garrett....

Q and Danny I knew really well and cant think of anything really bad they did to anyone. Garret I didnt know all that well but what I knew, he didnt have a mean or bad bone in him either. I can think of a shitload of peopl eif they died I could say all kinds of bad stuff about... Those three... Nope.. cant do it...

Q was one of the LARGEST supporters of Loose Cannons back in the day... Why? Cause he was ma boy and knew how much it meant to me. He was a one man promotion team...

I always thought it was funny... BIG black dude... with the emoitions and personality like a little teddy bear!! LOL He was the big mudda fugga that could probably inflict some damage on someone if he wanted to, but never would hurt a damn fly!

I remember Jamie Cotner wanted to get rid of some tattoos... so Q drove his medical van with lazer **** in it to Jamies house in Oswego and hooked him up and removed his tattoos. Thats ****in cool.

I have video footage of him being a clown at my hosue at partys. A bunch of parties... Pickin on Erik for jackin his 2nd video camera.... flickin that damn tongue ring... lickin at Michelle's back before she turned into BW we all knew and loved... LOL LOL Doin wheelies on the 86 GSXR he was SOOO ****in proud of, right past a cop shop in Indiana....LOL LOL what a clown!

Dude Always made the gathering lively... It freakin killed me to see him the last year, I could barely cope with it... My Q Dawg was not himself... Well...

Anyone remember when we were makin teh Loose Cannons video he wanted his name in the credits as EL NEGRO? HAHAHHAHA I was like HELL NO MAN!! We a bunch of suburban white boys! You tryin to make us look racist!! So he said Q-DAWG and thats what the video says in the credits.... hehehe He was damn proud of that. Damn proud of all us... from the team and riding crew.

Anyway, I think I rambled on enough now...

Im gonna look for some old pictures and see what I can come up with if any...

Anone else have some good ole stories, feel free to post em....

Remember, he has been through ALOT the past year, and isnt feelin any pain or discomfort now... There is no reason to be upset or sad ... Just our own greed and selfishness that wishes he was still here for ourselves. We need to celebrate his life and remember the good ****, the bad too.... but not his pain and suffering....

OHH YEAH!! REMEMBER THIS??!!!??
The girl that he dated.... who he broke up with and she started screwin all his friends! HAHAHAH I SWEAR I didnt know she was his ex!!! HAHAHAHAH ick ick

Hahaha MAn we all had some good times.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Creater/Founder

At the Lost Cannons party
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	q.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	41526  

Quick Reply: Q Left Us