Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

RC51 John and Too Tall Ball Up - BAD!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
RC51 John and Too Tall Ball Up - BAD!

I wasn't there so I don't know the gory details as well as the actual witnesses.
Apparently RC51 John pulled a wheelie (with cold tires?) and when he set it down he locked up the brakes and lost it. The bike started flipping through the air and hit Too Tall in the shoulder and knocked him on his azz. Too Tall was riding Joe's old bike (the beautiful kustom painted one). Too Tall was released this morning with severe bruising and rash but no broken bones.
RC51 John wasn't so lucky. He has a SEVERE concusion and broken nose. There was talk about actually airlifting him to another hospital because he was in such serious condition. They have NOT been able to contact his family yet so anyone that knows him should contact Good Samaritain hospital so they can contact his family. They were actually looking for next of kin - that's how serious it is. The last I heard he was still unconcious, and was not carrying any ID.
For the record - I have contact information in the trunk of my bike as well as my wallet. My cell phone is usually in my trunk as well with my mothers name and number in it. Alot of us don't know each others last name (sometimes not even the first names) so it is important that we all carry emergency information on us at all times.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:07 PM

jw7/11 is an unknown quantity at this point
RC51 john is doing fine! they have gotten in touch with the right people! Cold or Hot whatever your tires are in! The wheelie was a no no a big **** up! i was the only one behind i saw the whole thing! RC51 did a lil wheelie and when you put it down was heading for a meadian and lost control. The bike went and JON slide into the curb at which point the bike went airborn about 4 feet and got 2tall in the side of the leg and slide a little distance.
2tall is bruise up pretty bad and sore. This is another reason why people should not be showing off or doing wheelie when there are ppl behind them and in front of them. The group had to inexperince riders with us. I feel bad for the guy being hurt and all but I also see it as this guy made poor judgement by doing a wheelie at the wrong time and now 2tall is hurt and the bike he was riding which was very custom is pretty tore up. The other rider that was with us is shook up and doesnt want to be near a bike again! Now out of 5 riders last night 3 dont or cant ride! sorry if im being a little harsh or sounding rude but it isnt cool to take chances with other people lives cause you wanna show off!
Old 09-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Group Moderator

JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Gald to hear they are doing better
Old 09-19-2003, 02:27 PM

SPINE is an unknown quantity at this point
Poor dude he probably just wanted to let everyone see what he can do, I do it sometimes too. But you have to watch out for those around you and the obstacles too, barriers, curbs, trees, whatever.

Anyway hopefully they both recover and for the guy who is shook up, just watch yourself and those around you.

Sorry to hear about this...
Old 09-19-2003, 03:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope all is well with them both! Either one wearing any gear?
Old 09-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad to hear the right people got informed. I knew you saw everything and was kinda hoping you would post the story.

That is the exact reason I don't like riding with people I don't know.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:58 PM

JoeWilson00 is an unknown quantity at this point
ehehhe I am guessing that 2tall wasn't wearing any gear.. knowing him
Old 09-19-2003, 04:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GautamCity is an unknown quantity at this point
i kinda have to agree....if you're stunting, you really shouldn't be doing it in the middle of the pack just because stuff like this can happen.
i hope the best for Too Tall and John.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:58 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
I hope everyone gets better and gets back to ridding!
Old 09-19-2003, 05:09 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks. I've seen a similiar thing happen but the guy who did the wheelie was the only one that went down. He was at the front of the pack but right behind a car. If he wouldn't of done it so close to the car he would have been able to save it. Taking someone else out would be the worst thing I could imagine.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:19 PM

THUGinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up all....... Its the tall tattooed white trash boy himself. I doing ok, sore as hell 1st. time down so kinda new to the ground and ive figured out i like the seat alot better!! But yea, no broken bones just a alot nickz and dings and a fattie azz knee. Ill be back BUT with gear this time!!!!! As for RC51 John, i talked to his sister and hes now in a como and they did another CAT scan and he has swealing on the brain and they think he "might" have tore put of his brain away from his skull.... so not sounding to good right now. Im gonna go visit tommorow and see whats up but i guess for now its just a waiting game. Also i wanna say thankz to my boyz Jake and Glenn cause u boyz were right there b4 i even had a chance to get a thought back in my head.! Thankz for lookin out for a *****..........
Old 09-20-2003, 03:22 AM

Manda410 is an unknown quantity at this point
When I went to go pick up TooTall from the scene...it looked horrible..Hun I'm glad your ok and it's just bruisin n road rash. Don't know what I'd do without ya. After we left the hospital we went back to the scene and I just couldn't believe what happened actually happened. As for John, my prayers are goin out to him and his family..I hope that he pulls through. I'll be heading to the hospital to see him as well. I found out a friend of mine's dad is really good friends with John, and that just shows how much of a small world this is with who knows who. Let's keep a positive outlook!!

Amanda

I also wanna say thanks to Jake n Glenn n all the guys that helped. It shows you really are true friends.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:46 PM

jw7/11 is an unknown quantity at this point
update as of 2pm sat. john has been responding to the nurse by moving his arm and fingers. They said he seems to be better but hasnt woken up yet! There going to move him out of ICU but keep a close eye on him. 2 of the riders have rode with him before. along with a few other ppl i know. 2tall is still sore but o.k

2tall you know what they say a friend will bail out of jail but true friend would be sitting next to you.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:42 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
My best wishes are for Jonh.
I am praying right now he pulls though it!

Rob
Old 09-21-2003, 05:49 PM

THUGinc is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, just got back from the hospital. I talked to johns sister and saw him. She said its gonna be awhile b4 we know the true damage done to john, they took the breathing tube out of him this morning so thats a good sign. Thats about it for now, i got her # to stay in contact with her shes a nurse also so, i thinking she'll really be able to give the skinner on how hes doing.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:10 AM

929MIKE is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to see some improvement...I pray that all riders involved have a speedy recovery..
Old 09-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Regular StuntLifer

929NUT is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know if i know the guy, but I'm glad to hear improvement. That is a huge step having a breathing tube come out. Hope he comes out of the coma soon too. To much sh*t going on out there. People need to be alert on what's going on. Not just with the cars, but with us other riders. You never know what the other guy is thinking of. Ride safe out there guys and gals, and remember the gear. Even if you dont have a jacket, always wear your helmet!!!!