Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

Update on our friend Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 01:33 PM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Update on our friend Q

Well, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news it looks like that is the case. John (F4I) spoke to Q's fiance last night and he is not doing well. He's been having seizures and ripping his IV's out and oxygon mask off. The doctors are saying it could be a matter of days for him. He is now at Central DuPage Hospital in Winfield. From what John said they have removed visiting hours for him so you can pretty much go up at any time. They are trying to limit the visitations to groups of 4 or 5 at a time. If you can make it up there to see him it would raise his spirits. Im trying to get the details of his room number and all that. For the life of me I can not remember Q's last name. Otherwise I would have just called the hospital and asked. Im am going to go up and see him tonight, if anyone would like to go with me let me know.

PeAcE
J
Old 09-18-2003, 03:05 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

BABEE is an unknown quantity at this point
PLEASE let me know when you are goin I would not miss going for anything!

Old 09-18-2003, 03:08 PM

929MIKE is an unknown quantity at this point
someone please tell him that I said Hi and he is in my thoughts and prayers..
Old 09-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 09-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Regular StuntLifer

WelePro is an unknown quantity at this point
Jeff and I were just up there visiting with Q and his family. Things have definatly taken a turn for the worse, and I think it's important that anybody who wants to see him go very soon. He has been heavily sedated, and just sleeps all of the time. Doctors say he may have pnemonia now, and that is somewat common from what I understand in cancer patients who are on steroids....according to his fiancee anyway.

So make sure you go say hi, his family is usually there. I can't remember his room #, but his full name is Quentin Fortson.

Here's my boy...just like we all remember him......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mvc-122f.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	34159  
Old 09-19-2003, 12:27 AM

kc50 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm goin up tomorrow night...anyone else wanna go with let me know, and how do I get to the hospital? Thanks

Old 09-19-2003, 01:17 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't do it. I've seen the final battle of cancer way too many times and I hate to sound selfish but mentally I don't know if I can do it. Please pass on that I want to send my love but simply am not strong enough.

May Q find his peace - He is a great man and an incredible friend and that is how he will remain in my heart. That picture that Eric posted is how I will remember him - always Larger than Life!
Old 09-19-2003, 08:23 AM
Regular StuntLifer

WelePro is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Krissy and I are gonna head up there friday night also Kevin....I'll get a hold of ya. The hospital is on Winfield Rd....
Old 09-19-2003, 10:22 AM

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Shaggy
I can't do it. I've seen the final battle of cancer way too many times and I hate to sound selfish but mentally I don't know if I can do it. Please pass on that I want to send my love but simply am not strong enough.

May Q find his peace - He is a great man and an incredible friend and that is how he will remain in my heart. That picture that Eric posted is how I will remember him - always Larger than Life!
I kinda have the same feelings here. I didn't know Q probably as well as all of you did, so I'd just like to remember him the way the last time I seen him. My prayers are with him!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Erion 929 Pimp

Q's room number is 4228. CDH is at Winfield road and Jewel road in Winfield.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:09 PM
7th StuntLife Forum Member

BiG C is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Shaggy

Someone please pass the word that he is in my thoughts. Just dont well seeing in his position.

kinda have the same feelings here. I didn't know Q probably as well as all of you did, so I'd just like to remember him the way the last time I seen him. My prayers are with him! <------ From Papa Kev's post
Old 09-23-2003, 07:50 PM

Tigger is an unknown quantity at this point
any new updates???
Old 09-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Erion 929 Pimp

I was up there for a couple hours Monday night. They backed the meds they use to sedate him down a little to try and combat the build up of fluids in his lungs. Doing so appears to have made him a little more uncomfortable, so they brought them back up a little. Good news, he doesnt have pneumonia which was a concern. With his meds being a little lower he was opening his eyes more, but in the time I was there he did not recognize anyone.

On a side note, his mother mentioned that they may be moving him from CDH to a nursing home. Nothing has been confirmed as of yet. If and when I hear something I will update.

J
Old 09-24-2003, 01:57 PM

zeusrotty is an unknown quantity at this point
I AM GOING TO SEE Q TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE WANNA GO? 630-697-8389
Old 09-28-2003, 05:17 AM

Silver Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Jeezus

I don't know him but he is in my prayers. I can't understand why some people must be put through these things like this.

Please get well

-Eddie
Old 09-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Erion 929 Pimp

Update in Q:

Q is no longer at CDH. His family moved him to Meadowbrook. Its in Naperville. Raymond and Ogden. Visiting hours are 10:00am - 8:30pm. Room 227 or 224. I havent been up there yet and I forget which number it is. Im gonna try and get up there tomorrow after work. I got the phone call late this afternoon letting me know he had been moved.