Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

More Local Stunt Shows

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
More Local Stunt Shows

Whats needed to get more stunt shows/demos in this area during the summers? Seeing how well the Stuntlife show went, why not have more big events. It seems alot of shows are held out east, and down south. I know south has better weather than us, but we have a few good months ourselves during the summer.

And what about trying to get a event a way better track than Great Lakes? Rt.66 has a way better track surface than great lakes. And can hold way more fans than great lakes too. Im sure it would cost some loot. But if some big time sponsers got involved, I think it could be a success.

So what do you guys think it would take to have more events? At least 2 or 3 a summer.

Just a thought that crossed my mind. And wanted to see what most of you guys thought.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:24 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
That is a great idea!

But I think I see one of these "shows" every weekend around here...Just have to be at the right spots I guess.

I have lots of plans myself!
Old 09-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
As a musician I've been around planning events and stuff - you do have to watch out that you don't saturate the market so to speak. You can play a gig and 100 of your friends show up then after the fifth show or whatever there are only 4 people. One show a year would be perfect. If you start having more then you won't get as many out of towners (ie: stuntgroups) coming in and they'll be split up between all the shows and the shows will ultimately suffer. I also think that show's in this area should be run or at least ran by the top stunter community leader in the area -Shugga. The problem is when you have all the smaller stunt groups having their own shows then you will have smaller shows which will turn the general public off to the shows in general, which will only hurt the sport. Starboyz run the shows in Ohio for a reason - any show organized by anyone other than them in that area would probably flat out suck, thus hurting the sport.

Just my cent and a half
Old 09-15-2003, 09:37 PM

ViCKi SiX is an unknown quantity at this point
i heard rt66 is way too picky with the track rules and stuff, but is a great track
Old 09-16-2003, 02:33 AM

jw7/11 is an unknown quantity at this point
rt.66 wont happen they wont even let ama/prostar- xsba have there event there! a few years ago they did. team xtreme perform there! but rt.66 wont renew there contract they decide b96 b-bash was alot better event! if you really want to help write to rt.66 and tell them to bring the prostar-xsba event to rt.66 they replace it with st.louis/madsion but thats a 4hr drive.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Lick Tha Ballz

Very good points made people. But I still dont think 2 shows a year would hurt. One early spring, and one middle/late summer. But I forgot how picky RT.66 can be. I think they take better care of that track than they do their families.

That would be a good spot though, even if they dont use the strip. They still have the extra space on both sides of the track that the crews use to go to the end of the track to pick up cars.

But big props to Shugga, I think he put together a great show this summer. Hope to see the same next summer, with even a bigger turn out.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:19 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
The guy who used to live across the street from me used to race with the SCCA and they used to get dicked all the time by Rte. 66 becuase the owners are into drag racing and not SCCA style road racing. I do know though that they used to set up the courses in the parking lot -I wonder if they could set something up in the lot for Stuntlife.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:34 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

Yeah, tell me about it. Me and my friends have to travel almost 2-1/2 hours up to South Haven,MI just to turn some laps in our cars on their road course. They have 3 freaking oval tracks and the drag strip. But no love for a road racing course. I do believe they still have a few auto-x events down there. But not alot.

Hell, even Miller Park in milwaukee has a auto-x event almost every sunday(unless there's a game). So I dont see why they wouldnt be able to set something up for a stunt show. But who knows.

And Im sure if Shugga could get enough backing from outside sources, and get the reward money up higher. Alot more out of state crews would show up. Me and my girl was going to go down to the POB show just to watch and hang out for a weekend. But money is to tight right now.

And being in the midwest, which is kind of a central point for both coast. I dont see why alot of crews wouldnt show up. Far west might have a problem with travel. But south and east of us should have no problem at all.

But like I said, just a thought I was having.

And R6bbie, you just might see a show like this every weekend. But alot of people dont just want 10,000 people at a local spot just hanging out and watching. Bringing to much attention to them and that spot.