Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

I need a favor -seriously

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
I need a favor -seriously

So is anyone up for driving me to the hospital at 7:30am on Friday the 5th? I know it's a pain in the *** but I am having my 10th (and final?) epidural. This is the big one where they shove the needle in at the base of my tailbone and slide it up to the small of my back. The last one like this I had I was pretty phucked up. I am not allowed to leave without a ride. It should only take about an hour or less. I'll actually only be in the surigical room for about 20-30 minutes. You'll get to see me recover from the incedible effects of Propophal or "The Milky Way" as the Docs call it. I know it's a huge favor to ask and I won't be offended if no one replies. Just a thought.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:26 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

BABEE is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can get an appointment a half hour earlier I can take you
Old 09-03-2003, 08:04 PM

kc50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey dude I'll take ya...call me
Old 09-03-2003, 10:04 PM

Tigger is an unknown quantity at this point
i would take ya if i was close. but a 3 hr drive is just tooooo far!! good luck though!! sounds rough. what the heck is that for anyways? if you dont mind me askin.

tigger
Old 09-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Wow thanks everyone.

I herniated a disc in 2001 at work. My sciatic nerve was crushed for over a year. Yada yada yada, 2 surgeries later and 9 epidurals and I'm still hurting. It's better now than before the 2nd surgery so I guess I'm still ahead of the game but anyways, now instead of a herniated disc crushing the sciatic nerve it's scar tissue from the surgeries and an inflamed "thecal sac" <~~insert jokes here. The thecal sac is the membrane that surrounds the disc.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:41 AM
7th StuntLife Forum Member

BiG C is an unknown quantity at this point
you just all sorts of ****ed up like me.

Old 09-04-2003, 01:48 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
u said sac!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 02:54 AM

kunslip600 is an unknown quantity at this point
epidural's are the ****, I ve had a couple before, how will you walk out of the hospital though isnt it going to paralize the lower halfof you body
Old 09-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

That's the bitch of it. The Cortizone that is injected actually puts additional pressure on the nerve untill it's absorbed and the cortizone actually aggravates the nerve at first. They don't inject any numbing medicines.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:09 AM

zeusrotty is an unknown quantity at this point
do you havea ride?
Old 09-05-2003, 01:11 AM

kc50 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah his momma came back early from florida, so she's takin him in for the tune-up
Old 09-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Aint that a bitch. I beg people for a ride and thankfully have offers from some very kind people. My mom flys home 3 days early from Florida. I wake up early and make sure I don't have anything to drink this morning, no coffee, no water, no nothing. Then I don't put my contacts in. Then I get to the Docs office and I DON'T get my epidural. After reviewing the MRI he doesn't think it will help. So I top out at 9 epidurals. Now I get to go to a pshycologist because my last treatment option requires the consultation of a Shrink. Apparently my last options are either A) A morphine pump implanted in my body or B) A neurostimulizer which is an implant that is kind of like a pace maker but it shocks your spinal cord into thinking there is no pain. Either way I will be considered permanently disabled so I am required to see a shrink. Well it's been a good run I guess. Anyone know where I can get a high powered sniper rifle and the complete works of mother goose?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:22 AM

jw7/11 is an unknown quantity at this point
dang bro!

hey man this stuff sounds like it really sucks! i havent been on SL for a few days. im just reading the post for the first time. i wouldve gave a ride no problem. well sounds like things are going to get worse! Whatever the shrink tells ya tell him your dont want no anti depression med. just a doctors note for you to have some intercourse with some hot females once a day. then go show the note to all the hot women and try get some booty.
Shaggy is a big
Old 09-05-2003, 11:43 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Mark, sorry to hear the news. I'm sure whatever you deside to do, will help in some way. In the meantime, maybe you could smoke pot all day or something to take your mind off it...lol! Remember, there's always good things that come from the bad things.......like No work