Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

SS Chicago spot no more

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 01:58 PM

NickIF is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry SS Chicago spot no more

Went down there last night, fresh speed bumps every 50' and broken glass all over the place. Just a heads up, don't waste the trip cops
Old 09-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
Yeah, my cousin took me by there saturday night. My first time there, and thats what we showed up too. Pretty nice spot, shame it got burnt to the ground though.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:56 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Which spot was this?
Old 09-02-2003, 03:01 PM

I guess it doesn't matter anymore, the spot by 120th and 57.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

It was a bootyful spot. I was looking foward to show my skills(once I get them)there. But I guess that wont be going on now(LOL).
Lucky for me Im in the North burbs and live like 10 minutes from Swissconsin. Finding alot of spots out this way(hehehe) for me to build my skills.

Hey GixxerNick, was this spot used for racing or stunting? My cousin told me a little bit of both.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:22 PM

It was my first time there also but from what I hear both.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Old 09-03-2003, 10:32 AM

There's alot more spots out there to be found! Out here in the burbs, Weber Rd spot is done also!
Old 09-03-2003, 12:53 PM

GautamCity is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if this is the same area....but,

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...l=chi-news-hed

City cranks up efforts to halt illegal drag racing

By Sabrina L. Miller
Tribune staff reporter

September 3, 2003

Speed demons intent on copying the drag-racing flick "2 Fast 2 Furious" could be left with no other transportation than their own two feet under a crackdown proposed by Ald. Edward Burke (14th) designed to rid city streets of illegal racers.

Burke, spurred into action by residents and business owners who have complained about the noise and danger of illegal street racing in parts of his Southwest Side ward, advanced a measure that would impound the vehicles of motorists caught drag racing.

Drag racing "creates a clear and imminent danger to people who are working in those areas," Burke said at Tuesday's City Council Traffic Control and Safety Committee meeting. "Right now there's no effective deterrent. Seizure of vehicles would be an effective deterrent."

If the full council approves the measure Thursday, Chicago will become the latest city to crack down on drag racers by impounding their vehicles. Dozens of cities have enacted anti-drag racing laws in response to fatalities, and Burke said he modeled Chicago's legislation after San Diego's. That city reported a significant decrease in drag-racing deaths since toughening laws.

Residents Walter and Christine Szkarlat testified at the committee meeting that weekends in their neighborhood near the Crawford Industrial Park at 43rd Street and Pulaski Road have become "a living hell" with screeching tires, homemade mufflers and big crowds.

"Every weekend it's just like watching the movie `The Fast and The Furious'," said Walter Szkarlat, referring to the first installment of the popular racing film. "It seems like there's a fatality just waiting to happen."

Burke said that while Chicago has not been plagued with high-profile drag-racing fatalities, "now is the time to take steps to make sure it doesn't happen."

David Barnett, president of F&F Foods at 3501 W. 48th Pl., showed video footage filmed earlier this year from rooftops near his business of cars lined up preparing to race. The crowds, mostly young men, so intimidate Barnett's night shift employees that they often are frightened to leave the plant.

"There's a real danger involved to citizens and to public property. If somebody loses their car or their car is impounded, I believe there's a good chance that they're going to think twice about doing it again," Barnett said.

Chicago Police Lt. Don Kuchar said the department would welcome passage of the ordinance to effectively break up drag-racing parties. The image of drag racing has long shed its rite-of-passage innocence and has developed into an elaborate network of clubs that share information through the Internet and text messaging on cell phones, Kuchar said.

Police made several arrests and issued several citations against a group of drag racers at West 48th Place and South Kedzie Avenue in June, Kuchar said. Although Chicago has no current plans for a separate "drag" unit, like San Diego police, Kuchar said the ordinance "would be a valuable asset to combat this problem."

Copyright © 2003, Chicago Tribune
Old 09-03-2003, 01:05 PM

Next thing you know they're going to have specific task forces for this. I've heard some bad stories of that happening in texas.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

Well, they've been cracking down on this shizzle. I use to go to a few of these spots, I stopped going because of cops getting ruthless with their efforts to stop this. Plus drag racing is just boring to me. I hardly drive my car anymore cause im so sick of getting revved on by astro vans or whatever. My car usually only comes out when I hit Gingerman Raceway in MI. Or a BBQ/Meet with friends from Honda-Tech.com. Or going to and from work.

Its so gay that people with just a damn intake and exhaust think they got the fastest rides out there.

But whatever, I think its a bunch of
Old 09-03-2003, 11:52 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by GautamCity
I don't know if this is the same area....but,

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...l=chi-news-hed

City cranks up efforts to halt illegal drag racing

By Sabrina L. Miller
Tribune staff reporter

September 3, 2003

Speed demons intent on copying the drag-racing flick "2 Fast 2 Furious" could be left with no other transportation than their own two feet under a crackdown proposed by Ald. Edward Burke (14th) designed to rid city streets of illegal racers.

Burke, spurred into action by residents and business owners who have complained about the noise and danger of illegal street racing in parts of his Southwest Side ward, advanced a measure that would impound the vehicles of motorists caught drag racing.

Drag racing "creates a clear and imminent danger to people who are working in those areas," Burke said at Tuesday's City Council Traffic Control and Safety Committee meeting. "Right now there's no effective deterrent. Seizure of vehicles would be an effective deterrent."

If the full council approves the measure Thursday, Chicago will become the latest city to crack down on drag racers by impounding their vehicles. Dozens of cities have enacted anti-drag racing laws in response to fatalities, and Burke said he modeled Chicago's legislation after San Diego's. That city reported a significant decrease in drag-racing deaths since toughening laws.

Residents Walter and Christine Szkarlat testified at the committee meeting that weekends in their neighborhood near the Crawford Industrial Park at 43rd Street and Pulaski Road have become "a living hell" with screeching tires, homemade mufflers and big crowds.

"Every weekend it's just like watching the movie `The Fast and The Furious'," said Walter Szkarlat, referring to the first installment of the popular racing film. "It seems like there's a fatality just waiting to happen."

Burke said that while Chicago has not been plagued with high-profile drag-racing fatalities, "now is the time to take steps to make sure it doesn't happen."

David Barnett, president of F&F Foods at 3501 W. 48th Pl., showed video footage filmed earlier this year from rooftops near his business of cars lined up preparing to race. The crowds, mostly young men, so intimidate Barnett's night shift employees that they often are frightened to leave the plant.

"There's a real danger involved to citizens and to public property. If somebody loses their car or their car is impounded, I believe there's a good chance that they're going to think twice about doing it again," Barnett said.

Chicago Police Lt. Don Kuchar said the department would welcome passage of the ordinance to effectively break up drag-racing parties. The image of drag racing has long shed its rite-of-passage innocence and has developed into an elaborate network of clubs that share information through the Internet and text messaging on cell phones, Kuchar said.

Police made several arrests and issued several citations against a group of drag racers at West 48th Place and South Kedzie Avenue in June, Kuchar said. Although Chicago has no current plans for a separate "drag" unit, like San Diego police, Kuchar said the ordinance "would be a valuable asset to combat this problem."

Copyright © 2003, Chicago Tribune
wtf, i aint registering to some ill paper???
Old 09-04-2003, 09:34 AM

GautamCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DLish
wtf, i aint registering to some ill paper???
that's why i copy/pasted the article here!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GixxerNick

Next thing you know they're going to have specific task forces for this. I've heard some bad stories of that happening in texas.

A cop in Bolingbrook, IL told me last year that they hired on several additional cops just to crack down on Sportbikes and dragracers. I'm sure there's alot of this all over!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:37 AM
Lick Tha Ballz

Yeah, its pretty lame that cops seem to be out alot more on weekends at local hang outs every where. And they seem to be having alot of unmarked/undercover cops on duty too...

Its sad how if you own a muscle car, import car, or motorcycle how you get **** faced from cops cause they feel you fall in this catagory because you own one of the following. I have a import, but Im not into street racing. I have a motorcycle, and Im no longer into high speed trips on the highway. I did it for the first and last time last weekend. Never again

I think as Im getting older, Im getting wiser