Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

I'm online!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 04:59 PM

954John is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm online!!

Hey,
What's up peeps.

I am now able to get online. It sucks though because I only have a dial up. My work hooked me up with my own laptop so that I can keep in touch with everyone.

Here's the deal,
We were a Friday's monday night and around midnight we decided to leave. I hopped on the bike and begain to leave the lot. Now here is where it is kind of blurry, I don't know if the ground was wet, I hit a patch of oil, or if I just gave it too much gas. The bike started to fishtail and fall to the left, so I threw my leg off the peg to basiclly "pop" me back up. Well in this process, my leg just planted and stuck to the ground. Now remember that the bike is still moving forward and fishtailing. I did not hear a snap, but I felt a sharp pain in my knee area. I had saved the bike from going down, but I could not bend my knee. I stopped the bike and Noman had to run over and put the kickstand down for me. I then managed to work my way off of the bike and as soon as I put some pressure onto my left leg, I fell to the ground like a whiny little bitch. Long story short, Noman ran home (back to Glen Ellyn) and got his pickup and somehow I was able to get into his truck and he took me home. I got home at 2:30am and I had Noman put me on my coutch and I just passed out from the pain. At about 4:30am, I had to pee really bad, so I tried to work my way into my bathroom. This process took about an hour.
The next morning, my wife made me call the dotor to see what kind of damage that I did. I made the appointment for 1:30pm and when she came home from work to take me, I was able to make it from my front room to my garage and down one step before the pain was overwhelming.
We then called the parametics and they came and said that I should go to the ER. While in the ambulance, the parametics said that I had a threat to the limb because me foot was not getting any blood.
The ER took X-Rays and yep, I had broken the Tibia (Big Bone in the Lower Leg) in a vertical fashion.
I then went to the knee surgon, who made an appointment for surgery on Friday morning.
After surgery, the dotor told my wife that I had three seperate fractors and that he was able to fix them all and he only had to use one screw to hold them all together.
So, I am now down for 6-8 weeks recovery time from surgery and after it all heals, I am not allowed to put any weight on the leg for 3 months.
You can imagine the break this way, take a pencil and twist it until it breaks long ways. That is what my leg bone looks like.

But I'm finally home and now I have a computer, so I will keep everyone updated.

Later,
954john
Old 08-13-2003, 05:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GautamCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I'm online!!

Originally posted by 954John
Hey,
What's up peeps.

I am now able to get online. It sucks though because I only have a dial up. My work hooked me up with my own laptop so that I can keep in touch with everyone.
yeah, i'm sure your work is really concerned about your social life and that you will be in touch with everyone.....RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

anyways, it was good to see you (again) last night wheelie-ing around in that chair.
heal up quick!
Old 08-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah that is the worst type of break - other than a spiral fracture which who knows, your's may have been. Get well soon, and in the mean time enjoy the pain killers
Old 08-14-2003, 08:31 AM
Regular StuntLifer

929NUT is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure if i know ya. But as one rider to the another. Glad to see you are doing well. Hope time flys for ya, and you will be back on the bike in no time.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:50 AM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to hear things went as well as they did. Hope you heal quick bro.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by 929NUT
I'm not sure if i know ya. But as one rider to the another. Glad to see you are doing well. Hope time flys for ya, and you will be back on the bike in no time.
Hey 929 nut,
I am horrible with names. You would know if we met or not. I have a silver and black 954, as in the avatar, with a full Micron system and the gold Matris dampner.

I saw the other post that Redno started about me and I saw that you are thinking about getting a 954. Do it. There was nothing at fault with the bike, it was mostly rider error.

Later,
954john
Old 08-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Regular StuntLifer

hey John,
Unless you had a different bike before your 954, I dont think I know ya. I've been with out a bike since I dumped in June. Everyone new me as 929Josh. But I'm glad to hear you like your 954. Dupage Honda finally located the 03 black and red I wanted. I should have mine in about a week. Hopefully! Guess I'll have to come up with a new name. And 954Josh is to close to yours...
Catch ya later
Josh
Old 08-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
LOL John you are a sally! Get offf that couch and lets ride FIDDYS!!
Just kiddin... hope you get better soon!

Josh, just go get a damn bike
Old 08-14-2003, 09:46 PM

1QUICK11 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey John

Hey John. Glad to see you're up and feeling a little better. Rest and heal up so we can get back out there next season!
Talk to you soon,
DAVID
Old 08-15-2003, 01:44 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
OUCH....that hurt just for me to read.....Did you have to explain with the pencil ...LOL

Get well soon!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 05:54 PM

OUCH

Originally posted by R6bbie
OUCH....that hurt just for me to read.....Did you have to explain with the pencil ...LOL

Get well soon!!!
The Pencil description seems to make everyone grimace with pain. I like when I am telling someone the story and I get to that part and I can just see it on their face. The thought is going through their mind and they just......

Hey Josh, Good luck with the bike and let me know if you want a cheap slip on for the 954. I have a Stainless Micron slipon that is a little beat up but still works. It has about 1000 miles on the packing so it is still kinda new on the inside. Something to think about. PM me and let me know.

Late,
954john
Old 08-18-2003, 08:26 AM

929MIKE is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear about the misfortune....Hurry up and get better so you can go to Bike week in March....
Old 08-18-2003, 08:39 AM

What's up Mikey!!

Its good to hear from ya.

If you want give me a call sometime.

You still have the number?

If not PM me.

Later,
954john
Old 08-18-2003, 09:18 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Hey John
for sure. Let me know what you are looking to sell it for. I would like to get a slip on soon. And of course what is a little beat up?......I would like to keep the bike looking nice. By the way. The bike is awsome. I picked it up thrusday last week, and took it down to indy over the weekend. Bought it with 0 miles, and up to 540. Wheelies come up real nice too.

Laters
Josh
Old 08-18-2003, 10:04 AM

TBarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude,

Quit being a bitch and tough it out.

Tim B.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:47 PM

Talking Updates!!!

Just got back from the doctors this afternoon and things seem to be healing just fine. The doc said that I still have 4 weeks to go, but after the 4 weeks are up, I will be able to remove the immobilizer and then be able to bend the knee. I will still have 3 months of zero weight on the leg, but at least I will be able to drive my new toy......

2002 Chevy Avalanche.

later,
954john
Old 08-21-2003, 12:58 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GautamCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Updates!!!

Originally posted by 954John
but at least I will be able to drive my new toy......

2002 Chevy Avalanche.

later,
954john

HAHAHA!!!!! I have bragging rights on that truck.....I drove it before John or Leslie did
Old 08-21-2003, 01:01 PM

Re: Re: Updates!!!

Originally posted by GautamCity
HAHAHA!!!!! I have bragging rights on that truck.....I drove it before John or Leslie did

Yeah, yeah

You can have the bragging rights, but I still own the truck.

Later,
954john