Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

HELP-Need Chain Riveting Tool Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 11:04 PM

SPINE is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy edit: HELP-Need Chain Tools (I did it!)

So I got my sprockets and chain and like the newbie that I am I didn't realize I needed a chain riveting tool to properly install the chain.

I did see some tool a while back but I thought you install the chain similar to a bicycle and didn't think I needed it, oops!

This sucks, I waited so long for the sprockets and chain now I have to wait to put the chain on.

Can anyone let me use their tool to help me test out my new gearing? I'll buy the beer, chips, whatever...

Thanks

Old 06-26-2003, 11:13 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Where exactly are you at? I've got one here in Naperville. You can pick one up at any dealer for like $20 I think! Shoot me a PM if you want to come out this way.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:23 AM

Papa Kev

Well I'm on the far south side like 5-10 minutes from Doty. The thing is I already took off the old chain. I did find some prices for the breaker and press but I thought I'd ask if anyone out there had one to let me use.

I need the press too. I work in Des Plaines and from here Naperville is like 40 minutes. I'll let you know if I can make it out there maybe this weekend?

Thanks alot for the offer!

Old 06-27-2003, 12:38 AM

Papa Kev

Well I was in sort of desperation this morning since I received the chain and sprockets that's why I was asking all over for help with the chain tools.

I went out and bought the tools and I got the chain and sprockets on! I fuged up and broke the clip that goes on last but I'm getting one tomorrow before I start fugging around.

Hey I rode for a bit and the bike doesn't feel like I thought it would. It feels like it is reving at higher RPM's but the quick acceleration isn't there? I went -1 +2.

I haven't rode it in like a month so maybe it's because of that and I have to get used to it. Any comments?

Thanks fo rthe offer on the tools, that was real cool of you. Me and my wife might head on to the bikini wash this sunday at SL!