Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

**The Spot**

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 01:33 AM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
**The Spot**

ok so a question thats probably been asked a whole bunch. After being run out of every half decent spot, hating everybody with a cell phone that can read and remember my plate, runnin, and watching the backs of my friends and i, to try to keep from gettin hurt by some dumbass doin power wheelies at every light, How did you guys with your legal spot get it so it was legal?

there are a couple of places around my area more where i wish i wouldn't get run out of, so how did you guys get permission, was it an inside source, or is it one of those ask and you shall recieve things?

any help is appreciated, im sick of lawyer bills.

thanks
eric
Old 06-25-2003, 11:31 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
It's all about respect and good communication! We don't do any burnouts, we clean up our trash, and we don't run if the cops do come. We have explained to the cops that we don't drag race, we don't want to stunt in traffic and put others at harm, and that we are not doing 80mph wheelies through parking lots either. We made friends with the workers and we stay out of the way of trucks entering and leaving their docks. We actually have 2 spots accross from each other, but one has been seal coated recently, which sucks for endos. It never hurts to just ask!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:25 PM

so you guys just kind of enhabited the spot? every time the cops come we try to tell them that were not in traffic for a reason, they just tell us its still illegal, but its on a road. your spot is in a lot right? so unless the workers complain, the cops really cant do much.

i mean we're a mile from the nearest main road and in a commercial park, where everbody has gone home from work, were not showing off for anybody.

we dont run from the cops either when we're at a road 'cause most of the time its just "dont come back" but others its the usual power trip accopanied by the requsite "its for your own good" and the record check.

is the place where you guys are at 24hrs? do they allow you certain time to be there and certain times you cant?

im just tryn to get all the info possible, so maybe someone will let me hammer out a deal with em

thanks
eric
Old 06-25-2003, 10:49 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
burnouts are key.......if you do burnouts, the cops will come...and people will call on cell phones no matter what...up here in wisconsin we have managed to find the most desolate road to stunt on, we have about 3 SOLID roads where we don't get ****ed with, we actually wave at every car, talk to as many land owners as possible....but in the end, i'm sure these spots will get infiltrated with cops as well....it's HARD to find a good spot to stunt,.....don't do wheelies by cars or any other stunt....and remember to wave and act friendly. it helps a lot
Old 06-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Papa Kev
It's all about respect and good communication!
Couldnt have said it better. I think it also helps that the po-po have chased everyone off the streets enough that they see were trying to stay of the streets. (not that I can stunt anyway) Some of it also has to do with luck. As it was said, it never hurts to ask. Whats the most they are gonna say? No. The only way your gonna find out is by trying.

PeAcE
J
Old 06-26-2003, 01:41 PM

the only reason i fear asking is cause they'll prolly say no, then they will be really looking

"ok i'll dial 9-1 then when you see em ill dial the other 1"

ahh well im just gonna buy a couple acers and have em paved

thanks all
eric