Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

PLASTICS getting ****ed up...FIXin

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 11:32 PM

hcaz095 is an unknown quantity at this point
PLASTICS getting ****ed up...FIXin

Im looking into getting my plastics...well the tail and sides on the tank coated in spray on bedliner

im going to call around, but i know a guy down in coal city who does a very quality job and will coat everything. he uses a hot high pressure system (polyurea), which is the best in the biz, not **** that will chalk up/ scratch off.... i plan on doing the masking myself to save some cash and maybe work out a package deal if more people are interested.

this **** is tuff, and you can get it in any color, im doing black, but if you wanted other ****, he'll do it, he even sprayed a donut for promotional reasons....

my whole family has gotten thier bedliners done there and his prices are cheap, im goign to be calling him tomorow or monday to get more details, but just want to see ghow much interest their is...

post to let me know, the more the merrier, id be willing to do/help with masking, and as many of you wouldnt want to drive that far, id be willing to take them all down at once...should have something worked out soon, get it done within a couple weeks.

i would want to get my tail done on the outside and inside for added strength, and have em spray the tanks where contact point would be....

i do have a flatbed trailer and a full size truck to transport bikes, but im extending this to personal contacts before the general public. plastics would prob have to be taken off, but ill be asking him as he might has done some **** with quads etc, not sure about sportbikes...again, ill be posting with updates and prices...

ps. i think cory from d-aces has his tank coated in red? anyone validate that?
Old 06-14-2003, 01:23 AM

sillyg is an unknown quantity at this point
wouldnt that **** be heavy?
Old 06-14-2003, 03:18 AM

hcaz095 is an unknown quantity at this point
heavy?

does a few punds really matter to you? unless you were getting your front fairing (headlight area)...it wouldnt really matter, but a few pounds doesnt really matter when you dont ever have to worry about **** crackin off your bike and having to tape and zip-tie it back together...

i know this isnt for everyone, but its a cheap alternative for making your stunt bike look somewhat decent, and in some cases, uniform in color....

you dont have to have the whole dam thing coated, just areas where there are contact points, the **** is strong...

if you cared about saving a few pounds, why put metal sliders and cages on your bike? to protect em? spraying some basically thick plastic on your bike wont make that much of a difference..

ill ask how much the final product weighs...i doubt it would be much, its not like your going to get it super thick on em

later
Old 06-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Hater proof

CrazyJ is a decent person
naaaaaaaaaaa im out on that ....im gonna do my own thing ...thanks for tellin me about it !!!

peace
J