Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

man dies in toys for tots run...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Regular StuntLifer

929NUT is an unknown quantity at this point
man dies in toys for tots run...

County Sheriff Killed In Car-Motorcycle Crash
Driver Of Car Was Injured

UPDATED: 6:42 AM CST December 6, 2004

CHICAGO -- Chicago police say a DuPage County Sheriff's deputy was killed Sunday when a car struck his motorcycle during the annual Toys for Tots charity parade.

Frank Griseto, 55, of Downers Grove, Ill., was a correctional officer at the DuPage County Jail. Friends said Griseto often participated in the annual parade along Chicago's Western Avenue. Participants deliver Christmas toys for needy children to the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve.

About 20,000 motorcyclists took part in the parade.

Police said the driver of the car that hit Griseto, Arcirio Rodriguez, 74, was critically injured in the crash.

It's so ****ed up that people don't have patience during these things. It's only done once a year, and it's for a good cause. Now I know this guy was a cop and all but he is still a rider. And when any one of us goes down it's still a problem.
I'm guessing it happened on 69th and western. Before our tier went and volunteer walked by and told us there was antifreeze on the ground at this intersection. Didn't say why, just to be careful. Never would have dreamed it was because of a fatal accident.

I hope he rests in piece, and I wish his family well.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: man dies in toys for tots run...

Damn shame
Old 12-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:48 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

R.i.p
Old 12-06-2004, 09:40 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Police said the driver of the car that hit Griseto, Arcirio Rodriguez, 74, was critically injured in the crash.

Anybody read the key factor here?! I can't tell you how many times I've been in the DMV and they give seniors eye and road tests and let them pass when they clearly should not. It's rediculous. I'm not saying young drivers are perfect but there needs to be some better testing before continuing to let somebody that shouldn't be driving keep on trucking and running people over.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point

Driver charged in 'Toys for Tots' death

By Brett McNeil
Tribune staff reporter
Published December 6, 2004, 11:23 AM CST

A 74-year-old Chicago man was charged today with drunken driving and other offenses in connection with the death of a correctional officer killed while riding a motorcycle in the Toys for Tots charity parade.

Arcirio Rodriguez, of the 2100 block of West Wilson Avenue, also was charged with negligent driving, failure to yield right of way and failure to stop at a stop sign in connection with the Sunday morning accident on the city's North Side, authorities said.

Rodriguez was taken in critical condition to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where he underwent surgery, police said. He was listed there in stable condition this morning.

Frank Griseto, 55, of the 6400 block of Blodgett Avenue, Downers Grove, an off-duty DuPage County sheriff's deputy, was riding his motorcycle north on Western Avenue at 10:28 a.m. when a car driven by Rodriguez pulled into traffic from Cornelia Avenue, police said.

Griseto, who was riding a "full-dress" Harley-Davidson in the 27th annual Toys for Tots parade, could not stop in time and struck the car broadside, police said. He was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic, where he was pronounced dead at 11:17 a.m., said a spokesman for the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Longtime participants in the charity ride, which collects toys for needy children and regularly draws more than 20,000 motorcyclists, said they knew of no other fatal accidents in the history of the event.

"It's the first fatal accident in the 20 years that I've been doing it," said Roger Genschorek, a Downers Grove resident who knew Griseto through friends but was not traveling with him during Sunday's trip from the Dan Ryan Woods to a North Side Marine Corps center.

Griseto was hired as a sheriff's deputy in October 2003 and worked as a guard at DuPage County Jail, officials said.

"Even though he was with us for only a short time, he was respected and well liked by all who knew him," DuPage County Sheriff John Zaruba said in a statement.

Neighbors said Griseto, a regular rider in the Toys for Tots Parade, worked as a fitness and weightlifting trainer for the Indian Boundary YMCA in Downers Grove before taking the sheriff's deputy job. He also taught karate for children and self-defense for adults, neighbors said.

Griseto and his wife, Gloria, had no children and instead doted on three dogs they adopted from area shelters, neighbors said.

A DuPage County sheriff's deputy turned reporters away from the Griseto home Sunday night, saying family members declined to comment to the media.

Josie Zielinski, 58, cried as she remembered her friend and neighbor Sunday night.

"He had such a good heart, that man," said Zielinski, whose husband, Jerome, was a close friend and motorcycle-riding partner of Griseto's. "He knew Jerry has a bad back, and when it snowed Frank would be over here shoveling the snow."

Last edited by DoubleRJef; 12-07-2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Regular StuntLifer

929NUT is an unknown quantity at this point

man that's ****ed up....i hope that guy rots in hell. to bad he made it through his surgery. it would have been a fitting ending to that guys life. of course our tax dollars were prolly wasted on trying to save his life. f-ing drunk at 11 am....what the hell????
Old 12-07-2004, 01:59 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe the media will finally stop lookin at motorcycles for fatalities and start takin a closer look at cages

RIP