Update: Class B Misdemeanor

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Dax

Dax is an unknown quantity at this point
Final: Class B Misdemeanor

Well, I went to court today for that Class B Misdemeanor. I figured with my record I could just deal with the ADA and get a plea bargain down to a fine or something like that.

I get to court and the first thing they asked everyone was who their lawyer was. I flew solo. After about two hours they let me know that I needed to either get a lawyer or get a public defender by June 8th.

I'm thinking that this really sucks.

Just a small bit of history...the next two or three days after I got arrested, I kept on getting all these letters from local attorneys, I mean <b><font size=4>alot</font></b>. I set them on the trash can, but didn't throw them away.

Fast-forward to today. Good thing I didn't throw those letters away. The attorneys practically sent you a copy of their resume. I went through them all when I got home from court. Narrowed them down to a couple, and called the first one. They called me back, I told them my story. They were already talking about a possible adjudication....I'm thinking that's great, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. They also informed me that the judge that I would be going before is very hard on people who try to go to court without a lawyer...I thought that would be bias of the judge, but I just dropped it.

The reason that I am posting this is for anybody in the future in the greater Houston area that may need advice. I read a lot of posts saying get a lawyer...or fight it yourself...well, if you are going to go to court in Harris County for a criminal offense, even a misdemeanor, <b><font size=6 color='red'>GET A LAWYER</font></b>. I try to be a tight-wad with my money when I can, because I like to waste it on other frivolous things, but it is worth it to get a lawyer.

I will keep everyone posted on what goes on with my situation.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:52 AM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Update: Class B Misdemeanor

keep us updated .. that sounds super shitty though.

me corey and nate all have court for riding our 50's in the middle of the street at night i bet the judge is going to get a kick out of that one
Old 05-26-2004, 04:09 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

ROFL, i say make a dope *** sock puppet, draw a little tux on it with a sharpee n ****, and right when the judges ask bout a lawyer n ****, put it on ur hand and make a small voice like its a person n ****... omg that'd be the funniest **** ever, be like, its practicly a public defender
Old 05-26-2004, 04:14 AM

wow i would love to be at court when someoen did something like that
Old 05-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Dax

Originally Posted by MasterShake
ROFL, i say make a dope *** sock puppet, draw a little tux on it with a sharpee n ****, and right when the judges ask bout a lawyer n ****, put it on ur hand and make a small voice like its a person n ****... omg that'd be the funniest **** ever, be like, its practicly a public defender
Man, that was good!!!

That would be funny as $h1t, I'm sitting there in my suit, feeling confident. And first I go to the ADA and try to plea bargain for a lesser offense. And the whole time I'd just be shoving this sock in the ADA's face...like talk to the hand. And if negotiations get heated, I could put a sock on the other hand, and draw him up to look like Johnny Cochran.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:19 AM

Drastic-James is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you do in the first place?
Old 05-26-2004, 10:57 AM

he did some poppa wheelies
Old 05-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Dax

Originally Posted by Drastic-James
What did you do in the first place?
I popped one up on Nasa RD 1.

I know, I know, last time you saw my wheelies, you couldn't even tell that they were wheelies, but this one was in and out of the balance point. I've come a long way since last time you saw my wheelies.

But, I was just sitting at the stop light after riding for a couple of hours, and I checked behind me, and oncoming traffic, and the traffic to the left. <i> It was a stop where one street ends at another, like a T, so there was nothing to check to the right</i>. So I pop it up for a good distance. I put it down, and I look in the mirror, and there he was. Some kind of Ninja-Cop, droppin out of the sky.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Dax

Final update: I went to court on June 9th and my lawyer tried to plea bargain for me, but the ADA hadn't even looked at my arrest report yet, so they rescheduled for today, June 16th.

I went to court today, and now I am a free man. I got 2 days in jail, but I already had 2 days credit from when I was arrested, and I had a $200.00 fine. That's it. It sure does feel good to be free.

If you get in trouble in Harris County I recommend Jon Thomas of Sullo & Sullo, he was my lawyer, and he got the job done.

I still have the Class B Misdemeanor on my record, and my lawyer really wanted to go to trial today because he felt that he could get it dropped to a traffic ticket, but I didn't want to take a chance.

:YEAH
Old 06-16-2004, 04:16 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

good job bro...be careful. im still tryin to get me a big bike, 600rr or sumthin