Reckless Methods Photo Gallery
www.recklessmethods.com
Cape Cod, MA

Operation Red Dawn: Saddam Hussein Captured

Old 12-14-2003, 08:55 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person
Operation Red Dawn: Saddam Hussein Captured

I just got wind of this from my father as I woke up and stumbled downstairs. I can't stop shaking, I'm so incredibly overjoyed! This is the best christmas present my boss could haven given me this year! Even better than my raise!

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Without a single shot being fired, U.S. military forces captured former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein as he hid in the bottom of a hole in a home near Tikrit, officials announced at a Baghdad press conference.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we got him," L. Paul Bremer, the U.S. administrator in Iraq, announced. "The tyrant is a prisoner."

Bremer said that Saddam was captured Saturday at 8:30 p.m. in a cellar in the town of Adwar, 10 miles from Tikrit, ending one of the most intense manhunts in history.

Officials showed a videotape of the former Iraqi dictator and most-wanted figure by the U.S.-led coalition as he was being inspected following his capture. He had a long black-and-gray beard and unkempt black hair. Journalists were then shown a video of Saddam after he was shaved.

Iraqi journalists in the audience stood, pointed and shouted "Death to Saddam!" and "Down with Saddam!"

In the capital, radio stations played celebratory music, residents fired small arms in the air in celebration and others drove through the streets, shouting, "They got Saddam! They got Saddam!"

About 600 U.S. troops took part in Operation Red Dawn, said Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez (search), the top American general in Iraq. Two other Iraqis were captured along with Saddam, who was found with $750,000 in U.S. currency, Sanchez said.

The operation began after the military received tips from local residents as well as unspecified intelligence, Sanchez said. About 90 minutes after receiving the intelligence, the military launched the raid.

Troops with Task Force 2, the special forces unit set up to go after Saddam, surrounded a farmhouse and looked for Saddam in two specific locations -- dubbed Wolverine One and Wolverine Two -- but initially did not locate him.

The search of the home continued and troops discovered a small hole in the ground. Inside the hole, which dropped about 6 feet into the ground, was Saddam. An exhaust fan had been installed, indicating the so-called spider hole was an emergency hiding spot.

Sanchez said he had no idea how long Saddam had been at the Tikrit location and could not say if anyone had stepped forward to claim the multi-million dollar reward for his capture.

"Today is a great day for Iraq and the Iraqi people," Sanchez said.
Asked about Saddam's state at the time of his capture, Sanchez said: "He was a tired man, also a man resigned to his fate."

Saddam is talkative and is being cooperative, the general said. He is being held at an undisclosed location.

President Bush has yet to comment on the capture. Bush first learned Saturday afternoon that Saddam may have been seized and he got the news early Sunday that the military in fact had taken Saddam into custody.

A delegation of the Iraqi Governing Council hopes to visit Saddam in captivity later Sunday, a spokesman for the council said.

"With the arrest of Saddam, the source financing terrorists has been destroyed and terrorist attacks will come to an end. Now we can establish a durable stability and security in Iraq," said council member Jalal Talabani.

In Baghdad, residents fired small arms in the air in celebration, and gunfire echoed in neighborhoods across the city. Earlier in the day, rumors of the capture sent people streaming into the streets of Kirkuk, a northern Iraqi city, firing guns in the air in celebration.

"We are celebrating like it's a wedding," said Kirkuk resident Mustapha Sheriff. "We are finally rid of that criminal."

"This is the joy of a lifetime," said Ali Al-Bashiri, another resident. "I am speaking on behalf of all the people that suffered under his rule."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
16_1_121403_hussein3.jpg (25.8 KB, 88 views)
Old 12-14-2003, 09:11 AM

Chosen One can only hope to improve
Yeah boooooy! First thing i thought of when i pushed power on my comp.... i figured you to post it up CBR.." Good job boys, it proves we still are the biggest, baddest country EVER!!!
Old 12-14-2003, 09:14 AM

The self control the people guarding him must have is incredible. I could only wish to withhold like they do. The last thing we need is another Lee Harvey Oswald - Jack Ruby debacle. (PM me if you have no idea who those two people were).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
saddam.jpg (31.5 KB, 86 views)
Old 12-14-2003, 09:18 AM

I was saying the same thing.... That guy holding the flashlight in his mouth must have been brought up his whole life knowing nothing but to hate this man. (not to mention, all the people who took the secret oath "if i EVER see him, i will kill him on site!") god bless there patience! CBR..." what squad, batalion, rank are you. I got a few boys and an uncle in.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:38 AM

Chosen - I just came from: Pacific Forces - Third Marine Expeditionary Force - First Marine Air Wing - Marine Air Control Group 18 - Marine Wing Communications Squadron 18 - Headquarters and Support Company - Communications Equipment Maintenance Platoon - Super High Frequency Section. I'm a 2831 Mutlichannel Equipment Repairman, I fixed million dollar radios mounted in the back of 2.1 ton Heavy Humvees. Sounds exciting doesn't it?

- Erik The Great -
Old 12-14-2003, 10:18 AM
-Si

-Si is an unknown quantity at this point
dude I would have loved to found that towel head..
Old 12-14-2003, 11:24 AM

Cbr..' my uncle Drives those million dollar machines
Old 12-14-2003, 11:35 AM

D-WRECK is a decent person
F U saddam we got your ***. but the thing i dont like is i heard on the news that he has an appeal. cbr whats up with that do you know???
Old 12-14-2003, 11:57 AM

yeah, there gonna try him in court, just we do ***** ******* here too
Old 12-14-2003, 12:17 PM

I dunno, that's up to organizations like the United Nations, the World Court (or something like that, they do war crime cases). Theres a special tribunal that the current Iraqi government has set up with the US and could be operational within 12 weeks. The news people said this was to keep those of Hussien's B'ath Party behind bars where they belong.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:20 PM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough
i just heard he is gonna be prosecuted in IRAQ. i guess they are gonna have the tribunal there and burn him on a stake in the town square. bout mothafukin time. that nukka been hidin like a damn ***** in wholes and ****. ***** didnt even put up a fight and he had a pistol with him. the 2 other homo's had ak47's that were ready too wet, but noooooooo. pussies wanted too give in like the french.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:09 PM
BOSTON TIGERS M/C

JR 12 is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW WHO THAT CHICK IN YOUR ATAVAR
Old 12-14-2003, 09:12 PM

Originally posted by JR 12
WOW WHO THAT CHICK IN YOUR ATAVAR
That's BLONDY. she rules.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:02 PM

ftrain is a decent person
I design receivers for Miltary Airplanes. Why do you GI have to be like Apes when you repair and install these things.

I am a RF design engineer on the RWR for the C-130 ALQ-196, U2 ALQ-221, B-52 proposal, and F-22 systems.

Currently I am working on a patch to a system being used in Iraq to improve false alarms. Your boys should be seeing it in a month. That would be the reason why I been working days, nights, and weekends for two months.

BAE SYSTEMS "We protect those who protect us"

Last edited by ftrain; 12-15-2003 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:26 PM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough
also he forgot too mention tooting off missles during lunch and gettin head whap liek whoa
Old 12-15-2003, 08:03 PM

ftrain is a decent person
I have not been down to the Jam lab in some time. I think it is time to think up a reason to launch one of those bad boys.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by ftrain
I design receivers for Miltary Airplanes. Why do you GI have to be like Apes when you repair and install these things.

I am a RF design engineer on the RWR for the C-130 ALQ-196, U2 ALQ-221, B-52 proposal, and F-22 systems.

Currently I am working on a patch to a system being used in Iraq to improve false alarms. Your boys should be seeing it in a month. That would be the reason why I been working days, nights, and weekends for two months.

BAE SYSTEMS "We protect those who protect us"
Dude, every Marine is an ape. The Dept. of Defense should really take that into condsideration when taking bids on jobs. We apreciate your hard work and dedication, without men and women like you we'd still be throwing rocks and sticks and grunting. although i do hear alot of grunting still! What have you done with the F-22 Raptor? We've been hearing alot of good about that paticular beast. That and the F-35 Super Hornet (right name?). Anything but that deathtrap the Ossprey! That thing has killed more Marines than..... i dunno,,,,,,, it was like 22 deaths in two crashes. a goddamn shame they brought the project back. That thing is going to put BELL out of business from what hear. I'm rambling, good job dude, YOU RULE. Erik