Pure Adrenaline Ryders www.pureadrenalineryders.com
Long Island N.Y.

Steel or Alumimum Sprokets?

Old 01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future
Re: Steel or Alumimum Sprokets?

Originally Posted by NINER
Don't have a picture of it. It is a skull like 2-3" tall with a tophat and a gunbarrel coming out of one eye.

I'm guessing there will be a couple dozen people with the same tattoo.
i already have a large skull
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

I am supposed to put some scent free lubriderm on my fresh tattoo 4-5 times a day, but I don't want to walk into the bathroom at work with a bottle of lotion.
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by scott3824
oh no **** ?? how big?? thats a far drive when i could go to flips shop
I'll pay for all the gas and tolls if you drive.

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

I am supposed to put some scent free lubriderm on my fresh tattoo 4-5 times a day, but I don't want to walk into the bathroom at work with a bottle of lotion.
hahahahahahahahahahaha ... i like tattoo goo
Old 01-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Retired

i already have a large skull
Get a little buddy for him.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:42 PM

I'll pay for all the gas and tolls if you drive.
not my truck no way ...
Old 01-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Retired

hahahahahahahahahahaha ... i like tattoo goo
I'm going to wait until I get home.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:43 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

heres what you need to know about sprocket and chain engineering:

ONLY one thing causes sprocket wear - a stretched chain

When chains "stretch", its not the metal stretching out, its the 110ish hinges in the chain wearing out.

worn sprockets DO NOT stretch your chain UNLESS they are made out of a material that is harder (or close) than the chain.

when you put a chain and sprocket on, the sprocket is supposed to seat to the chain, not the other way around.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Retired

not my truck no way ...
I'll drive if you pay like 25% of the gas. I need to buy those tires and rims back off Borne.

Get a little buddy for him.
my buddy and me
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I've never worn an aluminum sprocket out. The bike always get trashed first.
and if you pay attention to you chain, you never will
Old 01-31-2007, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM

When chains "stretch", its not the metal stretching out, its the 110ish hinges in the chain wearing out.

worn sprockets DO NOT stretch your chain UNLESS they are made out of a material that is harder (or close) than the chain.

when you put a chain and sprocket on, the sprocket is supposed to seat to the chain, not the other way around.
but you can get bud leaves custom cut in a sprocket from geared steel
Old 01-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Retired

So what if the sprocket is a harder material and doesn't wear out as fast?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:48 PM
bp chaser

Mike any final pics of the damper? I got mine in the mail. I think I might start on it this weekend.
no new pics, i havent played with it in a few days

although, that old srad damper i got from my friend was for an old 750 with inverted forks. coincidentally, the fork clamp that it came with fits perfectly on my 929 fork. so picture that for one end of it, and picture 2 little 1-1/4" L brackets at the other end
Old 01-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Retired

no new pics, i havent played with it in a few days

although, that old srad damper i got from my friend was for an old 750 with inverted forks. coincidentally, the fork clamp that it came with fits perfectly on my 929 fork. so picture that for one end of it, and picture 2 little 1-1/4" L brackets at the other end
I was going to buy one of those clamps on ebay but the auction ended when I was out of town.

Scott, looks like Chris is buring every bridge he can:
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/398...ml#post2592961
Old 01-31-2007, 12:49 PM
bp chaser

but you can get bud leaves custom cut in a sprocket from geared steel
if he cut an aluminum one id buy it

im not anti geared steel, i just think the guy should start using aluminum
Old 01-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Retired

if he cut an aluminum one id buy it

im not anti geared steel, i just think the guy should start using aluminum
Geared aluminum?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:50 PM

Scott, looks like Chris is buring every bridge he can:
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/398...ml#post2592961
i saw that ... shady ****
Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 PM
bp chaser

So what if the sprocket is a harder material and doesn't wear out as fast?
then it will wear out the chain that much faster
Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 PM

take a moment to click thanks

http://sbstunts.com/sponsors/index.htm

Quick Reply: Steel or Alumimum Sprokets?