Pure Adrenaline Ryders www.pureadrenalineryders.com
Long Island N.Y.

Semi work safe

Old 08-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future
Re: Semi work safe

Originally Posted by NINER
Zuki, think it's a decent deal? Looks like I can slap an engine in it and call it a day.
Think I should pay the extra $50 for the repairable 650 engine? Also, a guy at work says he has a wetsuit and lifejacket with lumbar support that doesn't fit him anymore that he is willing to sell me for cheap.

Here is some more history on it.
Bought with intentions of building. I bought a motor for it, but blew my 550 motor. I am now putting the purchased 650 motor in my 550. All inclusive minus motor assembly.

Hull is in good shape, nice paint, good hydro terf and vinyl pads.

bumpers were spray painted and are chipping.

Have title.
Sounds like a good deal. I'd skip the blown motor. It's going to need a crank, boring, and pistons/rings. You can find a running motor for a lot less. I got my motor complete with carb, bedplate, air filter for $150. I just had to throw some rings in it.

I have an extra bed plate or two. You can have one for shipping but if you buy a motor, it'll probably come with one.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Sounds like a good deal. I'd skip the blown motor. It's going to need a crank, boring, and pistons/rings. You can find a running motor for a lot less. I got my motor complete with carb, bedplate, air filter for $150. I just had to throw some rings in it.

I have an extra bed plate or two. You can have one for shipping but if you buy a motor, it'll probably come with one.
If the guy still has it this weekend I will pick it up. Anything I should pay attention to when I am loking at it? Should I go with the 650 or the 750 engine? Where did you track down your engine?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Just called DB, they said they had to order a rectifier that came in today so it should go out today or tomorrow. That means I will have my truck back by this weekend.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Retired

Zuki, keep an eye out for a good deal on an engine.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:28 AM

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

If the guy still has it this weekend I will pick it up. Anything I should pay attention to when I am loking at it? Should I go with the 650 or the 750 engine? Where did you track down your engine?
I just happened to find an engine locally. **** luck as it's the only one I've ever seen for sale and it was the same weekend I picked up my hull. The 750 engine is more powerful but if you've already got the electronics for the 650 it'll probably be easier.

The only thing I know of to look for are swollen pumps and cracks near the hood. The impeller should spin freely. If it catches a little, you can probably grind down the wear ring. If it won't spin, you're probably buying another pump. There is a stainless wear ring inside the aluminum pump. Corrosion between the two metals causes a lack of space for the impeller. Also check the edges of the impeller, they should be nice and straight/clean. The cracks show up towards the front of the hood, right where it turns upward. My hull was cracked on one side but it wasn't too bad. I just hit it with the grinder and fiberglassed over that area with 4 layers of glass. In 1991 (I think), they changed the 650 over to a 38mm carb. The 28mm before that really held the motor back.

What year is it? The early ones like mine came with front exhaust which is louder and also sends smoke towards you. The later ones had rear exhaust which is more desirable.

Check out x-h2o.com as well as pwctoday.com. Both sites have a ton of info. People on both sites are Yamaha Superjet snobs and will tell you Kawis are junk but they are good learner skis. You probably don't plan to ride freestyle anyaway.

Don't invest much money in the ski as they aren't worth **** even when complete. Mine is probably worth about $6-700 at the most. This also depends on your area though. They are rare up here so I might be able to fetch more for it in the spring.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:29 AM

Zuki, keep an eye out for a good deal on an engine.
You should be able to find one for $300 or so shipped on one of those sites I mentioned.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Retired

I just happened to find an engine locally. **** luck as it's the only one I've ever seen for sale and it was the same weekend I picked up my hull. The 750 engine is more powerful but if you've already got the electronics for the 650 it'll probably be easier.

The only thing I know of to look for are swollen pumps and cracks near the hood. The impeller should spin freely. If it catches a little, you can probably grind down the wear ring. If it won't spin, you're probably buying another pump. There is a stainless wear ring inside the aluminum pump. Corrosion between the two metals causes a lack of space for the impeller. Also check the edges of the impeller, they should be nice and straight/clean. The cracks show up towards the front of the hood, right where it turns upward. My hull was cracked on one side but it wasn't too bad. I just hit it with the grinder and fiberglassed over that area with 4 layers of glass. In 1991 (I think), they changed the 650 over to a 38mm carb. The 28mm before that really held the motor back.

What year is it? The early ones like mine came with front exhaust which is louder and also sends smoke towards you. The later ones had rear exhaust which is more desirable.

Check out x-h2o.com as well as pwctoday.com. Both sites have a ton of info. People on both sites are Yamaha Superjet snobs and will tell you Kawis are junk but they are good learner skis. You probably don't plan to ride freestyle anyaway.

Don't invest much money in the ski as they aren't worth **** even when complete. Mine is probably worth about $6-700 at the most. This also depends on your area though. They are rare up here so I might be able to fetch more for it in the spring.
I heard that the 650 electronics can be modified to run the 750 engine.

It is an 1988.
You should be able to find one for $300 or so shipped on one of those sites I mentioned.
I figure some good deals should pop up in the fall winter. It looks like this ski just needs an engine and an evening to drop it in. (or a weekend ot rebuild the engine if needed)
Old 08-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Retired

I'm trying to build this thing for as cheap as possible. Around here people are asking around $1,000-$1,200 for them, but I don't think that's what they are getting for them. I want to get it built over the winter and beat the hell out of it next summer. I figure it will give me a realistic idea of how often I would really use a boat without the $10,000+ price tag.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:45 AM

650 electronics can be used in the 750 engine but you have to machine the 750 cases a little. From what I've read it's not a big deal. Basically get whatever engine you find for a deal. There are more 650s out there than 750s. All Kawi 650s are the same. Doesn't matter the model. I think there were a couple different 750s. StrictlyStunt put a 750 in a 650 hull. He also has a bunch of parts left over. He actually owes me some ****. Get in touch with him.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Retired

So I'm looking for a new roomate after the end of September.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:47 AM

Where's D-Style going?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:48 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

daytime sex is the best
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

?

he buying his own pad?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Retired

Where's D-Style going?
Originally Posted by scott3824
?

he buying his own pad?
Moving in with his wife to be.

If you know of anyone looking for a cheap place to live that is trustworthy, able to make rent payments on time (not a broke ***), and not annoying let me know.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

the new cash for appliances looks cool too ... the wife wants new washer & dryer
Old 08-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by scott3824
the new cash for appliances looks cool too ... the wife wants new washer & dryer
Tell her you need to buy $80 worth of diff fluid and a DP tuner first.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:46 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

img test

Old 08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MikeM
img test

Clean..
Old 08-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bray
Clean..
Girl's Truck.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Certified

Bray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant futureBray has a brilliant future

Girl's Truck.
pfft.. that **** is clean... a girl's truck = sport trac

Quick Reply: Semi work safe