Pure Adrenaline Ryders www.pureadrenalineryders.com
Long Island N.Y.

Semi work safe

Old 08-20-2009, 08:54 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Semi work safe

i dont know what to tell ya
Old 08-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by scott3824
what are you talking about?

it's not tied in .. unless you mean the starter solenoid relay connection on the right fenderwell ...

it's got to be ground ...

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=38784
Like the guy said in your thread:
In other words, those small wires make everything work.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

I love payday. I get to feel like I have money for a few hours.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

OK let me walk through this since I got you two here ...

My thoughts are either the new ends I had the guy put on the grounds suck, or when I butt-connected the wire I accidentally cut that runs from the relay to the starter solenoid it came undone while running the cables ... but would that cause no power anywhere? I still get 13 volts at the starter itself ... I should check ohm's of all the cables huh
Old 08-20-2009, 09:00 AM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NINER
Like the guy said in your thread:
In other words, those small wires make everything work.
I understand the started won't function without ... but why would no power to anywhere happen because of that?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM

niner post something to bump that thread for me too please lol
Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

I'm thinking your underhood light should work regardless of any small wires running to your ignition switch. There should be a main feed to your fuse box. Make sure there is power there. If there is, you have a bad ground.
Retired

OK let me walk through this since I got you two here ...

My thoughts are either the new ends I had the guy put on the grounds suck, or when I butt-connected the wire I accidentally cut that runs from the relay to the starter solenoid it came undone while running the cables ... but would that cause no power anywhere? I still get 13 volts at the starter itself ... I should check ohm's of all the cables huh
Dude, unless he crimped the new cable ends completely over the insulation that isn't it. Do you really think that band new 00 cables have enough resistance to cause the vehicle to be completely dead? There is a wire that feeds into the vehicle body harness. My $ is on that wire not getting power to the vehicle body harness. No power there and the truck will be dead. Like the guy on PSN said it doesn't matter if you have power to the big wires at the starter solenoid (relay), if the ignition switch isn't sending power to the little wires to activate the relay it isn't going to do ****.

Before I go on asumtions, you aren't getting power anywhere, correct? No radio, door chime, etc, etc?

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Let me register and I'll throw a post in.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Zuki750
I'm thinking your underhood light should work regardless of any small wires running to your ignition switch. There should be a main feed to your fuse box. Make sure there is power there. If there is, you have a bad ground.
I have two grounds Thats what's throwing me off .. I don't see how both could be bad ... Unless the guy that put the new ends on my grounds sucks that bad
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 AM

Dude, unless he crimped the new cable ends completely over the insulation that isn't it. Do you really think that band new 00 cables have enough resistance to cause the vehicle to be completely dead? There is a wire that feeds into the vehicle body harness. My $ is on that wire not getting power to the vehicle body harness. No power there and the truck will be dead. Like the guy on PSN said it doesn't matter if you have power to the big wires at the starter solenoid (relay), if the ignition switch isn't sending power to the little wires to activate the relay it isn't going to do ****.

Before I go on asumtions, you aren't getting power anywhere, correct? No radio, door chime, etc, etc?
Correct zero power at all to anything
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Retired

I can help you here more than those crusty old guys can. They aren't good for **** unless they have had the exact same problem as you.
The underhood light turns off on my truck after like 10 or 15 minutes. If you lock and unlock the truck with the key fob it comes back on. Also when you remove both batteries and hook them backup, it does not come on until you cycle the door locks. I just noticed that a couple weeks ago when I replaced both batteries.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:07 AM

I have two grounds Thats what's throwing me off .. I don't see how both could be bad ... Unless the guy that put the new ends on my grounds sucks that bad
Where are they grounded to? Is there a ground strap between your motor and the body or frame?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 AM

I can help you here more than those crusty old guys can. They aren't good for **** unless they have had the exact same problem as you.

The underhood light turns off on my truck after like 10 or 15 minutes. If you lock and unlock the truck with the key fob it comes back on. Also when you remove both batteries and hook them backup, it does not come on until you cycle the door locks. I just noticed that a couple weeks ago when I replaced both batteries.
So it's controlled by the bcm, damn. Scoot, still check for power at the fuse box.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:09 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

are we talking about an alternator here ?

Good point lol ...

Ah that I did not know ... well then the power door locks didn't work and when I opened the door no interior light either and absolutely nothing when I turned the key on
Retired

The door chime and dome lights draw such little current that even if he fucked it up pretty bad all that stuff would still work.
Correct zero power at all to anything
Completely dead=the body harness wire wasn't hooked up. You know that there is more to hook up to the battery than the starter and the ground right? The wires hook up to the passenger battery.

Originally Posted by old man roger
are we talking about an alternator here ?
The whole truck is dead.

So it's controlled by the bcm, damn. Scoot, still check for power at the fuse box.
I checked all the fuses but it was dark so I didn't put the voltmeter in the fuse box
Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

The whole truck is dead.
i got that but did the problem start after replacing an alternator ?

Quick Reply: Semi work safe