7th Annual SportBike Extravaganza

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:08 PM

SRADkneedragger is an unknown quantity at this point
7th Annual SportBike Extravaganza

Hey everyone my name is Marie
I'm a Rider, a Racer, and now ,,, a Event Promoter.
I Ride an '07 GSXR-750 on the street.
I RoadRaced a few years and now Land Speed Race. At 201.534mph I am currently the fastest Woman in Texas on a STREET LEGAL MOTORCYCLE, and the 4th fastest overall at the Texas Mile. I race '04 Nitrous Busa. Several years ago my Husband and I got involved in running the SportBike Extravaganza in Iraan Texas. Well 5 years later the Promoter has retired and handed the reins over to me and my Husband. For those of you who have FaceBook or MySpace look us up there for Video's, Pics, Fliers. This should give you a pretty good idea of whats going on there. For those of you that don't have FB or MS here's the story.

Now in it's 7th year the SportBike Extravaganza is Texas' only SportBike Rally. We are a 100% Charity Event. ALL proceeds go to Charity! All Workers and Staff donate their time. Proceeds this year go to the Iraan Texas Senior Citizens Center, and to the Widow and 2yr old son of "Busa Dave" Hardy.
We have based our Rally around a Stunt Show by local West Texas Stunters for the last 5 years. We will continue this tradition this year. Plaques and trophies to top Stunters Sponsored by HeavyBusRacing.com.
Adding to years of success this year we will be adding a Top HorsePower Shootout sponsored by FAMILYPOWERSPORTS.com.
Do you think you have what it takes to take home the Top HorsePower Trophy and cash prize? Well believe this, I'm going to be gunning for that 1st place with my LandSpeed Racer and if I win.... I'll take the Trophy and Donate all the cash back to the Rally! Maybe you can beat me!
There will also be a limited amount of "Charity Dyno Runs" Available. We will Dyno a few bikes for a reduced price again $$$ all goes to the Charity. This will be the first year we bring in Vendors. How big is this event? Well the last 3 years we have been right under the 1000 bike mark, this year I'm working very hard to top that mark! Iraan is a sleepy little town of 1100 people and every year for one day that population doubles! Locals are very laid back and Law Enforcement is "Tolerant" as long as you're not stupid.
If your interested in the Stunt Show/Contest the entry fee is NADA! FREE! NOTHING! Yeppers it cost nothing to enter. Your Bike gets Tech'ed to make sure it's safe by my LSR Mechanic. Nothing intense or stupid just a quick inspection to make sure your bike and gear are safe. Trust me this guy puts bikes in Land Speed Racing he's safe but reasonable, he wants you out here doing your thing.
Tech basically consists of:
No cords showing
No fluid leaks
No cracked or broken main frames
Working brakes
Full Face Helmet
Gloves
Over the ankle shoes or boots
Jacket preferred but not required

There's also a Raffle in the afternoon for gear donated by local shops.
Lunch will most likely be offered for a few bucks a plate(hotdogs)
Date is April 17th in Alley Oop Park Sunup till??
NO Admission fee.
No Vendor fee
No Camping fee
Free showers
Come out and join us for some fun!
Yes We know it's in the middle of no where so was Sturgis!
Questions? Directions? Ideas? Vendors? Drop me a EMail at
Marie@HeavyBusRacing.com
Marie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	smaller.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	237914  
Old 03-23-2010, 02:45 AM

Re: 7th Annual SportBike Extravaganza

Things are looking pretty good just scored two front wheel Trailer chocks, some swing arm buttons a few other things for the Gear Raffle.
FamilyPowerSports.com is bringing out their Portable Dyno and we will be doing a Top HP Dyno Shoot out! Think your fast? Prove it!
There's also Dyno runs for Charity , Street Bikes can get in 3 Dyno runs for a low fee and all the $$$ goes to CHariey. We have some cool Vendors like Troy from Strapless stands is coming down.
http://www.ststands.com/main.cfm
check his product out! It's about the coolest quickest easiest bike loading/transport system out there right now and the price is right! Tell him we sent you for a discount!
Brent VonAschen is supposed to be rolling out from SATX to do L.E.D.'s and Alarms
Affordable Leathers is supposed to set up
http://affordable-leather-wtx.com/default.html
and several other Vendors.
Questions? Ideas? Want to be a Vendor? Want to enter the Stunt Show/Contest?
Contact me at
Marie@HeavyBusRacing.com

Marie
201.534mph

PS you know when I realized I had forgotten to post on Stunt Life I kind of paniced because we have had a Stunt Show/Contest every year but the first. Now I'm kind of shocked to see more replies in TourBike Forums. Any Ideas or is this just too far for most of you guys? Really give me some input
M
Old 04-11-2010, 12:55 PM

Well getting down to the deadline! I'm headed out to Iraan today to look around and check electricity and such, water availability for Dyno trailer, my Camper Trailer the HeavyBusRacing Trailer, Vendor booths, some of the clubs want a place for trailers and banners so busy busy hope to see everyone in a few days! Stay in touch thanks for all of the EMails! Also hitting up the dealers Tuesday for more Raffle items so I'll post those as they come in!
Marie
Marie@HeavyBusRacing.com
Old 04-14-2010, 02:28 PM

Christian Motorcyclists Association gave us a call this morning they are going to be there helping with the Rally and passing out some paper on their new "Fast Lane" Program, Sounds pretty interesting. I think it's along the lines of the CMA's Charter but set up for SportBike Riders and Racers? Not really sure but interested in finding out!
for those who are interested I'll attach a mileage map. Brent Von Aschen will be there installing Alarms, LED's and Trickle Chargers.
The Catholic Church has asked if they could come out and sell something to help pay for their building, of course I said yes. I'm still trying to get my Nitrous squared away at the last minute. what else drove to Iraan yesterday to make arrangements there. Heading out to FamilyPowerSports.com in Odessa to pick up Raffle items in a bit. Still have to finish the new Nitrous mods to my bike for the top HP Shootout also!
I'll keep everyone in the loop!
Laters
Marie
201.534mph
Old 04-15-2010, 10:07 PM

RE SCHEDULED
Saturday May 8th

SportBike Extravaganza has been re-scheduled to Saturday May 8th due to rain. Nothing else has changed for more info contact me at
Marie@HeavyBusRacing.com
Old 05-03-2010, 11:26 AM

Well good news badNews,,,,
bad is I had to be in Dallas last week for a Funeral, the good,,, I scored some more swag for the gear Raffle! We now have like 5 Jackets 6 Helmets, tools, T-Shirts, oh and a special gift from my friend Leslie Porterfield the Worlds Fastest Woman on a Motorcycle!
Marie
Old 05-04-2010, 04:21 AM

Well I ordered the shirts today, I think they should go pretty well, WARRANTY KILLER
You know that guy that just can't leave things alone even tho they are still under Warranty and fooling around with ANYTHING is probably going to void the Warranty. Yeppers this shirt is for him! It also says WARRANTY KILLER in bold letters on the front. I only ordered 55 Shirts this year because $$$ is pretty tight for us right now. I'm pretty sure they will sell out almost IMMEDIATELY. So if your coming better make getting a shirt the FIRST thing you do when you show up.
Marie

Name:	smallshirt.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	239109  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 AM

Thanks I've really put everything I could into this Rally and I'm hoping to see some of the stunt life members there. Here's a pic of the fTrophies 2 of them are 4 ft tall!

Marie

Name:	trophy.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	239160