new to bike stuntin

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:02 PM

iehotrodder88 is an unknown quantity at this point
new to bike stuntin

hey all ive been riding/stunting my 636 for a few years but just recently got my DL yanked. so to stay fresh and get in shape i got wal-top of the line..lol...a moongoose blackcomb.($300) full adjustable suspension, 4 link rear swing arm, disc front and back. i practice on sit down and stand ups with rear brake control.

after browsing some of the threads i am going to raise and angle my seat and switch my brake levers.

But my main concern it the stoppies. i can do regular stoppies, HC, and spreaders......can roll them 3 to 5ft on a good day. i get good hight and im practing on getting my speed up. What s the secret to rolling them??ive seen guys roll the them out forever on regular non disc brakes....from what Ive gathered they are just like real stoppies on a streetbike. get good speed then bounce it up...am I right?

Im working on coasters and one handed stuff. i really want to no handers! The stuff you guys post up...video's and such.....really inspires me!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough
Re: new to bike stuntin

I have Magura HS33 hydraulic rim brakes on my bike and can roll stoppies exactly 50 ft. (15,3m) out of 35 km/h.
Believe me, disk brakes are better, they offer more power and last longer because of the better heat resistance.
Important is to bring weight forward and when you´re up at balance point just tap the brake slightly and keep it up there.
What else shall i say....practice practice practice makes you better
Old 11-14-2006, 08:22 PM

For riding no handers you realy have to learn how to ride bp wheelies without using the brake, keep peddaling consistantly and use your bodyweight to to keep it at bp..........wear a backporotector!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 10:08 PM

Old 11-15-2006, 11:29 AM

luuk vs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T'RIC'KY
For riding no handers you realy have to learn how to ride bp wheelies without using the brake, keep peddaling consistantly and use your bodyweight to to keep it at bp..........wear a backporotector!!!
i don't have any protecting and i do no handers like 150 feet ore more:YEAH
Old 11-15-2006, 01:36 PM
MOTO DOC

WHEELIE4U is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luuk vs
TRUE GANSTER
Old 11-15-2006, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by luuk vs
that´s good distance man, but believe me you will wear a backprotector after you wrecked your *** hard for the first time.
Take the game serious and wear protection!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iehotrodder88
hey all ive been riding/stunting my 636 for a few years but just recently got my DL yanked. so to stay fresh and get in shape i got wal-top of the line..lol...a moongoose blackcomb.($300) full adjustable suspension, 4 link rear swing arm, disc front and back. i practice on sit down and stand ups with rear brake control.

after browsing some of the threads i am going to raise and angle my seat and switch my brake levers.

But my main concern it the stoppies. i can do regular stoppies, HC, and spreaders......can roll them 3 to 5ft on a good day. i get good hight and im practing on getting my speed up. What s the secret to rolling them??ive seen guys roll the them out forever on regular non disc brakes....from what Ive gathered they are just like real stoppies on a streetbike. get good speed then bounce it up...am I right?

Im working on coasters and one handed stuff. i really want to no handers! The stuff you guys post up...video's and such.....really inspires me!

yes, go FAST.

my record for stoppies was over 70 feet, prolly closer to 80.

for no handers, work on your pedal control. you'll find that there is a point where you put less weight on the pedals, barely pushing them around, that's the best spot for no handers, lean foward and keep your balance, in my prime i could do no handers for roughly 200 feet.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Don't read this.

that´s good distance man, but believe me you will wear a backprotector after you wrecked your *** hard for the first time.
Take the game serious and wear protection!

i haven't been on my back once yet doing them, had some close calls, but i always grabbed the brake or hopped off and merk steped back on.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:00 PM

thanks alot guys,
after switching my brake levers(streetbike style) and raisng and angling my seat, I went out and did alittle session. Looped it a few times cause I forgot i swiched the brakes, but i got use to it and with the stoppies I worked on boucing it and coming in fast and i got rolling 10-15ft.!!!!im stoked!! having the seat raised helps at balance point and the angeld seat felt better too. looking forward to learning some new stuff
Old 11-16-2006, 08:44 PM

12 !T is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been doing stoppies for 2-3 years and my best was only 20ft? I tried the higer seat but I guess some people just have it easier then others. Ya about saftey equipment you should wear it I'm probaley going to get icon knee elbow and back protectors I just busted my knee going around a turn seat surfing my bike turned I did'nt. Ha. I have a street front tire for stoppies now I can't seem to get them up with that yet. I have to get used to it I guess. Just keep wheelieing every where it will become natural I can go forever hookworm tires by maxxis a great otor any street tire will help you. Good luck.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
i haven't been on my back once yet doing them, had some close calls, but i always grabbed the brake or hopped off and merk steped back on.
That´s because you´re one of the most talented ppl I´ve ever seen on a bike!
Old 11-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Don't read this.

That´s because you´re one of the most talented ppl I´ve ever seen on a bike!

haha, thanks man
Old 11-17-2006, 02:21 PM

luuk vs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete

+1
Old 11-18-2006, 09:35 PM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im rolling endos around 25-30 (rough guess of a friend and myself) and with my old bike, I wasnt doint near as well. The balance point for both wheelies and endos was way smaller on my mountain bike and now everything seems easier on the bmx bike. I am bouncing up and then tapping the brake to keep it up.

Im getting about 2 and a half circles on flat ground now.:YEAH