first day in the lot...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:07 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person
Re: first day in the lot...

Originally Posted by Vetter
what shop? is it redline in logansport?

get smooth and "safe" and youre welcome to come ride up here.
Yep! redline has done me pretty good in the past. ever been there? i work in logansport so i'm in there quite a bit.

I was out today again, i cranked idle up to 2k, and better luck. honestly though i cant say it was cuz of the idle, i think slowly i'm gettin more comfortable with it. not mouse-trapping as much, settin down the front alot better. once spring rolls around and i atleast get bp i'd like to get ahold of some other people and ride.

I almost looped once(almost bailed), so i hope that means i'm startin to get up higher. Cutting my pipe this weekend.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

id leave the pipe until u can scrape here a little. jsut to have a reference point. the idle probably helped a little with u being smoother. remember that the brake is there tho.

and yes. ive bought bikes and parts from there. they hook it up.

i definitely like to see more riders from around here. this stuff is getting bigger and bigger. i remember when it wasn't like that.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM

Nellie636 is a decent person

when i do wheelies in front of moms house neighbors come out all pissed and my moms just sais keep doing it your gettin better and **** them!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM

There is noone around here at all. the only wheelies i've ever seen in person are my buddys and mine. do you guys do any shows or anything in fort wayne? i make it over to pieres every once in a while. come spring i'd like to watch some people ride!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blinkybill04
There is noone around here at all. the only wheelies i've ever seen in person are my buddys and mine. do you guys do any shows or anything in fort wayne? i make it over to pieres every once in a while. come spring i'd like to watch some people ride!
we do shows here and there. id say about 10 or so a summer the last 2 summers. we do a bike night thing every Friday, we got a dealer to let us host our own. its not that big cause we dont promote. (we dont really care) basically its just a weekly lot session on friday nights and people come to watch. (groupies) lol.

go head and add me on myspace. i usually send out bulletins on what going on. myspace.com/joshvetter theres videos of the indy lot sessions on there u can watch of other indiana riders just hit me on a message on there bud. show u the ropes and what not.

i know whats it like teaching yourself. i did it the same way. fuckign sucks. i didnt learn circles for about a year and a half. ive helped 2 riders come up and they were both circling their first summers out. well get you dialed in.

P.S. weve acutally done shows for pieres.

Last edited by Vetter; 11-14-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:17 AM

Thats pretty sweet about the shows and stuff. hopefully winter goes by quick. well trust me, any help you can give is definately appreciated!
Old 11-15-2008, 01:30 AM
injured

purcy89 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Phillie Filler
i would say turn the idle up to 3500 or 3000 clutch it up faster and catch the break do that till you feel cool with it then lighten up on break to start riding idle.... try not to go fast.... lurn to ride slow.. youll lurn faster
i agree, i have only been in the lot since late september, and i learned idle in 2 weeks, in a total of about 6 hours ride time, i had my idle almost 4,000, and was clutching from 1mph or so, the high idle gave me the ability to learn how to catch idle, and brake control....... i was tryin circles, and after about 30 half cirlces, and several poor attempts 3 weeks ago i highsided out of a circle attempt and dislocated my shoulder
Old 07-21-2009, 08:36 PM

rcb7601 is a decent person

my mom taught me to wheelie too.....