66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

is this stoppie gay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:19 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point
is this stoppie gay?

they're really easy to do.. i've seen them done before so i tried it

i think it looks gay as hell tho.. vote yes/no.. is it gay?

Old 08-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: is this stoppie gay?

Nah I don't think it's gay.. It's just a variation. Are you rolling them like that or is that at the end?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

its gay in a straight line, its cool when doing 180's though
Old 08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point

gay.......
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

how do you do those without demolishing your *****? What part of your lower body has the pressure?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
Yeah you have a point. those 180s are fun. I did one once lol
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by MikeM
how do you do those without demolishing your *****? What part of your lower body has the pressure?
I think it's more of your lower stomach that rests on the tank
Old 08-28-2007, 04:27 PM

haha i plant my self in a position that wont crush my ***** when i come up..

i bounce it up like a normal stoppie and as i bounce it up i put my feet out.. maybe i just need to change my gay shoes haha.. only ones i can wear cause all my other pairs i cant feel the rear brake in
Old 08-28-2007, 04:31 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I've always thought skitching was gay...........a stoppie of any form cannot be put in the same category as skitching....so........defintely NOT gay.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by -matt g-
haha i plant my self in a position that wont crush my ***** when i come up..

i bounce it up like a normal stoppie and as i bounce it up i put my feet out.. maybe i just need to change my gay shoes haha.. only ones i can wear cause all my other pairs i cant feel the rear brake in
Do stay seated in your stoppies? I hang out over the front as far as I can and the only thing keeping me on the bike is my knees gripping the tank. Think I need to work on them staying seated.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Brap

Do stay seated in your stoppies? I hang out over the front as far as I can and the only thing keeping me on the bike is my knees gripping the tank. Think I need to work on them staying seated.
I do the same thing when I do stoppies lean far over the front but for that i stay seated.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:36 PM

usually i use my arms & knees to keep me in place.. the only thing that i noticed about doing them this way is you have no way to bail if you take it past bp.. with my feet on the pegs i know i could jump off the pegs and push my bike to one side before it came down
Old 08-28-2007, 04:37 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

I do stoppies like that, I don't think they are gay to be honest. Just a variation.

I am going to learn them like that but with 1 hand off as well, and 180s soon.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sparks!
I do stoppies like that, I don't think they are gay to be honest. Just a variation.

I am going to learn them like that but with 1 hand off as well, and 180s soon.
180s are hard as hell.. i've been practicing them every time i go out.. i and i get about 100 degree rotation max.. i laid my bike over so many times trying to roatate them

any one who can rock a 360 is just no other way to put that lol
Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 PM
El Mas Puto Del Lugar

GeRiGiXXeR600 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
+1.... its crazy how a small variation can make you look cool instead of gay
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by -matt g-
180s are hard as hell.. i've been practicing them
every time i go out.. i and i get about 100 degree rotation max.. i laid my bike over so many times trying to roatate them

any one who can rock a 360 is just no other way to put that lol
I've just started turning my stoppies too, and am pretty much almost at 180.. you need to be high, the advice I was given on saturday was to push down on your left arm and look left to go left.. it works for me, you need to be pretty high to turn properly though, if you are low you will just land sideways and highside.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sparks!
I've just started turning my stoppies too, and am pretty much almost at 180.. you need to be high, the advice I was given on saturday was to push down on your left arm and look left to go left.. it works for me, you need to be pretty high to turn properly though, if you are low you will just land sideways and highside.
yeah.. i land low a lot haha.. i can turn them and get the whip no porblem.. but once it starts turning it feels like it needs to be a little lower.. so i let it drop and over i go

u got any vids? how long you been practicing?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:23 PM

I dont have any stoppie vids man, I've only done them for 2 days this whole year. I had a snapped front brake lever for a few months and was too lazy to fix it then when I fixed it I bent the forks/discs/wheel and couldn't do em.. only just got back into them this weekend. :YEAH I'm prety sure some of the photographers got some pics on saturday so once they are posted up I'll put em here for ya, hopefully got a sweet no footer towards the cam.

Got a wheelie vid from a month ago but its nothing amazing really http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CZpvwgIodg
Old 08-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

keeping your *** on the seat will keep weight further back and u can rock better height, also keep your arms light and holding all your weight with your knees can make em higher to.. more weight u have in the front the lower BP is in a stoppie
Old 08-28-2007, 10:00 PM

keithk76 is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldnt say its gay but i personally dont really like the look of it. but what do i know i suck at stoppies

Quick Reply: is this stoppie gay?