Greatest Picture Of All Time!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person
Re: Greatest Picture Of All Time!

The only thing I could see tightening is the head bearing spanners, maybe the pinch bolts but if its caused by a vibration the only thing loose that should cause that would be loose *** head bearings! This really doesnt say to much for kawi's product, along with there weak necks!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:18 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point

I was there when he recked and he told me there were just rebuilt two days before they snapt in half !!!!!! new fork oil new seals etc !!!! then two days later they ******* snap it half !!! sounds kind fishy to me !!!! I know there is not much to it, but you are suposed to tighten all those front end bolts with a torque wrench !!!!! that ways you get the exact proper amount of torque on the front end , I dont know if they just tighten it up too tight or what but i think someone FU*ked up for sure on rebuilding them , plus 1 day after getting them back there were leaking fork oil from the bottom !!! not the top where most people brake fork seals but from the sealed bottom side !!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Ok There Is A Set Screw On The Inside Of The Fork ,on The Bottom Part That Your Axle Goes Through

Take Off Your Wheel And Put The Axle Back In

Loosen The Set Screw And Thread The Fork Tube[the Chrome Part]back Into The Bottom Of The Fork[the Powder Coated Colored Part]

If Your Forks Are Already Leaking There It May Be Too Late For Just Tightening

This Is Only An 03 04 Problem 05 06 636 Forks Are Made By The Same Company That Make Honda Forks So They Do Not Have This Problem I Am Told
Old 04-24-2007, 12:34 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by alexcod
I was there when he recked and he told me there were just rebuilt two days before they snapt in half !!!!!! new fork oil new seals etc !!!! then two days later they ******* snap it half !!! sounds kind fishy to me !!!! I know there is not much to it, but you are suposed to tighten all those front end bolts with a torque wrench !!!!! that ways you get the exact proper amount of torque on the front end , I dont know if they just tighten it up too tight or what but i think someone FU*ked up for sure on rebuilding them , plus 1 day after getting them back there were leaking fork oil from the bottom !!! not the top where most people brake fork seals but from the sealed bottom side !!!!!!
if your forks are leaking at the bottom thats a good sign there is a problem and if he had his at a shop that did his forks the day before and didn't notice that the bottom of the forks were hogged out enough to let them leak then i would never let that shop work on my bike again.........

if you have oil leaking from the bottom of your forks you have a problem,the fork being loose has alowed it to rock back and forth in the hole and has damaged the bottom of your forks
Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Wow.. Sick picture.

Looks like thats not the only place Kawi forks break! No kawi's for me!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:04 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by -ChaOs-
The only thing I could see tightening is the head bearing spanners, maybe the pinch bolts but if its caused by a vibration the only thing loose that should cause that would be loose *** head bearings! This really doesnt say to much for kawi's product, along with there weak necks!
kyb makes the forks on the 03 04
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM

shanecrosby is an unknown quantity at this point

looks exactly like my 636 after a lil front end bump. same color too lolz
Old 04-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MoNkeY TaCtIcS
i took my minty f4i out with my new 636 front end with no front fender and my front blake lines just snapped when i came down from my 1st wheelie! im glad i didnt flip like alot of ppl did!
that's different..will happen with just about any bike if you dont run a fender...line gets caught in tire and rubs.

suicidl has the right info...i think this guys break was MUCH diffedrent than what suicidl, myself, and ryan are talking about. mine didnt snap the fork tube...that is wack.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
Ok Im with LEGION here. What exactly am I keeping tight?

I broke one but it broke at the leg. I came down from a wheelie and my bike was smoking and it was from the fork fluid that dumped out. Thank god I didnt eat ****. It scares the **** out of me to think that it could happen again. As far as I know the legs are machined on from the factory so theres no way to tighten them. When they go they go. Both my forks are leaking from the bottom now and are a little loose. What do I tighten to prevent this? COME ON SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW. TELL ME BEFORE THEY BREAK AGAIN.
Take your fork off the bike. Put the axle part in a vice and check for looseness by wiggling the top of the fork tube if it moves where the chrome tube meets the cast axle part it is loose. There is a set screw by the axle mount, remove the screw and tighten the fork tube with a strap wrench
(I used a strap wrench and 50 inner tube for better grip on the fork tube. Re install set screw and you should be good to go.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
that's different..will happen with just about any bike if you dont run a fender...line gets caught in tire and rubs.

suicidl has the right info...i think this guys break was MUCH diffedrent than what suicidl, myself, and ryan are talking about. mine didnt snap the fork tube...that is wack.
same cause i believe....

just loose and hammering the fork every time you hit the brakes
Old 04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by verticaljay
Take your fork off the bike. Put the axle part in a vice and check for looseness by wiggling the top of the fork tube if it moves where the chrome tube meets the cast axle part it is loose. There is a set screw by the axle mount, remove the screw and tighten the fork tube with a strap wrench
(I used a strap wrench and 50 inner tube for better grip on the fork tube. Re install set screw and you should be good to go.
exactly ....

this is who told me to check mine
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM

Justin- is an unknown quantity at this point

that is some **** that is why u should ride HONDA
Old 04-24-2007, 01:43 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

OMR and VertJay,

Thanks for the info and detailed explaination of what to do! definately going to check mine!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Im just gonna put a 05-06 front end on mine, or get another bike. Im sellin my 636 right now. 4200 bucks
Old 04-24-2007, 02:13 PM

Burial87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigBagent1
So this is my boy Jeremiah from Naples mid stoppie as his forks completely break apart. This is not photoshopped, he got busted up pretty good but the look on his face is PRICELESS!!

aw damn
Old 04-24-2007, 02:24 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
kyb makes the forks on the 03 04
yup. new onew are Showa and no more problems
Old 04-24-2007, 02:27 PM

pcp weelo is an unknown quantity at this point

damn man, hope you heal up soon, after seeing this, ill stick to stunting my gsxr, was in the market for the 03-04 636, but if i have to go through the trouble of swapping front ends and ****, might as well get another bike. seeing **** like that is going to have me thinking everytime i pull in the front brake
Old 04-24-2007, 02:27 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

954 complete front end for sale...$5,000
Old 04-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BigBagent1
This happened Sunday, bike came out ok besides the forks he only broke the left clipon and rearset. But he will be laid up for around a month.

Give you $1500 for it.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:45 PM

DEBO is a decent person

WTB 05/06 636 front end stat

Quick Reply: Greatest Picture Of All Time!