My stunt piece......Finally done!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:00 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My stunt piece......Finally done!

nice work man **** looks killer
Old 04-07-2007, 05:24 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cody W
or turn right or left for that matter....
I don't think turning was the intent and purpose for this bike (even from the factory) but anyway those pucks are so high up I don't think they'll be touching until the bike is WAY over. Extended sliders like that mounted low, like on a 600RR, would touch real quick though. I think that cage is gonna work good. I think the weak link would be where it attaches to the factory cage. Where does it connect to the bike up top? The fairing stay bolts on the steering head or what?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:27 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
I don't think turning was the intent and purpose for this bike (even from the factory) but anyway those pucks are so high up I don't think they'll be touching until the bike is WAY over. Extended sliders like that mounted low, like on a 600RR, would touch real quick though. I think that cage is gonna work good. I think the weak link would be where it attaches to the factory cage. Where does it connect to the bike up top? The fairing stay bolts on the steering head or what?
it looked like it was welded to the frame.....could be wrong....tough lookin cage though for sure....i would just be worried about colapse since it is so far out there.....still though a lot of nice work on the bike....
Old 04-07-2007, 06:35 PM

Nick StuntMetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DECEPTICON13
nice alot work.......constructive critisims......take the moose easy pull off, they break very easily, buy a moose lever set up, dent ur dank, ur golden.....

+1 ive seen those easy pulls break too...there was a guy around here that had one and i told him it was going to break and a week later it broke.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:38 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
It's actually welded to the frame up top. We thought about making a flange right off the frame to make it removeable, but decided to make the factory cage removeable, and weld it solid up top, still allowing a motor swap, if needed. I should get a close-up of some of the welds on this bike, they're ******* PERFECT! My welder is pretty incredible, but his prices reflect it! I used two 5/16 grade 8 bolts to attatch the factory style cage to the custom cage on each side, so that should hold up.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:25 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

oh yeah, now that I look at it again I can see it's welded to the frame, plain as day, I guess I'm so used to looking at aluminum frames the first time I saw it I thought the frame was part of the cage well it kinda is now
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

i want to see the beast unleashed.

hows it geared?
Old 04-07-2007, 07:45 PM

apollotrance1 is a decent person

definitely like it, also +1 for the Moose easy grab clutch
Old 04-07-2007, 07:50 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nick StuntMetal
+1 ive seen those easy pulls break too...there was a guy around here that had one and i told him it was going to break and a week later it broke.
Street Warrior clued me into the idea of extending my clutch actuator arm, wich supposedly is just as efficient, but w/ no weak link. I'm on it!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:51 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I've stunted a bone stock 06 a little... It's fun
Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cody W
it looked like it was welded to the frame.....could be wrong....tough lookin cage though for sure....i would just be worried about colapse since it is so far out there.....still though a lot of nice work on the bike....
There's a 1 inch, .120 wall steel pipe supporting the cage from collapsing, I think it should be tough, we'll see!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by s0nofg0d
i want to see the beast unleashed.

hows it geared?
12 up, I have the 1 down countershaft, but figured I'ld wait to put that on untill I really get things slowed down..............and I should have vid of the unleashing w/ in a couple weeks.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
nice work man **** looks killer
Thanks, bro!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:58 PM

couple weeks???

give us a teaser now
Old 04-07-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by nags
I've stunted a bone stock 06 a little... It's fun
Before I bought this bike, I started a thread on here asking what people thought of the FZ-1, and you were one of the few that told me you had ridden one, and liked it. Thanks for the encouragement, Nags, I love the bike!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by s0nofg0d
couple weeks???

give us a teaser now
****, my squidliness would definetly shine through! I only have about an hour seat-time on it so far. I did roll about a 30 foot endo on it, which is about my best to date......I was stoked.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:46 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

dont know if this has been said, but i would not want my passenger peg to swivel...
Old 04-07-2007, 08:49 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
There's a 1 inch, .120 wall steel pipe supporting the cage from collapsing, I think it should be tough, we'll see!
you should be good then.... i like that you pretty much had to go custom for every thing....pretty unique
Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by aw0n0
dont know if this has been said, but i would not want my passenger peg to swivel...

+1
Old 04-07-2007, 09:32 PM

lol no **** who wants a bicycle pedal as a rear peg

Quick Reply: My stunt piece......Finally done!