my hb and tank

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:51 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point
my hb and tank

me and my boy went to town on the tank last week...and the hb set up was a pain in the nutts
Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: my hb and tank

tank looks good... mount the master on the inside, clutch outside.. and cut down the clutch lever.. will make it perfect
Old 03-04-2007, 11:57 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

looks good, but it still looked as if you were undecided on the light controls....
Old 03-05-2007, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
tank looks good... mount the master on the inside, clutch outside.. and cut down the clutch lever.. will make it perfect
i tried it they dont fit like that...i tried so many way to make it fit.this is the only one that worked
Old 03-05-2007, 12:15 AM

funkodelic is an unknown quantity at this point

what kinda dampner is that?
Old 03-05-2007, 12:15 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Just be careful your clutch doesn't get hung up on your MC, I've seen that **** happen before and it's not pretty.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by funkodelic
what kinda dampner is that?

its a matris..some Italian brand..not bad for $100 brand new..some going out of biz sale this dude had...
Old 03-05-2007, 12:36 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by havok
i tried it they dont fit like that...i tried so many way to make it fit.this is the only one that worked
on your perch, take the [threaded bolt with the hole through it] out and use a stock honda one without the lockring. Bolt the master down first, then bolt the clutch perch on second, has to go on in that order. You know the part of the master that you ground off? (where the brake light switch used to be) The tension adjuster on the perch should go exactly there.

See pic below.. Thats an asv, but it works the exact same way with an msr. And cut the thing off the end of the clutch lever so it doesnt crush your knuckle
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0059.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	189993  
Old 03-05-2007, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by MikeM
on your perch, take the [threaded bolt with the hole through it] out and use a stock honda one without the lockring. Bolt the master down first, then bolt the clutch perch on second, has to go on in that order. You know the part of the master that you ground off? (where the brake light switch used to be) The tension adjuster on the perch should go exactly there.

See pic below.. Thats an asv, but it works the exact same way with an msr. And cut the thing off the end of the clutch lever so it doesnt crush your knuckle
i tried that and both were to far down the clipon.because of where the mc hose comes out would hit the bottom of the clip or the fork..so when i moved it down i couldnt pull the clutch in ..even after switching the bolt
Old 03-06-2007, 01:55 PM

NYstunter636 is a decent person

looks good....we will probably be ridin this weekend you should come down....i changed my set up so many times when i first put it on....make sure you bring them tools with you....:YEAH
Old 03-06-2007, 03:06 PM
*G*

*G* is an unknown quantity at this point

for lights and signal switches, i used the setup off a husaberg super motot, small, and wire right up
Old 03-06-2007, 05:13 PM

1sicRida is an unknown quantity at this point

Sick tank also wanted to know if that paint on the tank is spray on bed liner.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:55 PM

yea man my whole bike is don in line-x heres a pic before the tank job
Old 03-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

I'm not a fan of the bedliner stuff, doesn't look good to me and I'm sure it weighs a ton. Dent job is real nice though. I also tried the clutch outside hb inside and decided the leverage you gain on the hb isn't worth the leverage you lose on the clutch. I'm sure it would be different if I had longer clipons though, or maybe even if I just did the clutch actuator arm extension mod. It's too much pull for me with stock clipons, stock actuator, and asv clutch where the light switches used to be, but that looks like what is in mikem's pic? Is there an EZ pull or extended actuator arm involved on that setup?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:28 PM

1sicRida is an unknown quantity at this point

Bike looks good, I dont think you would notice weight, I rock it with passenger on the bike so i dont think a little bed liner goin to hold me back.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

yeah I'm sure it's not too big a differance, I just don't like it, but that's just my opinion... and opinions are like ********... I'm sure it does beef the plastics up some though, making them less likely to crack, so that's a plus. I just don't like the looks, my
Old 03-06-2007, 07:18 PM

brockmenold82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
looks good, but it still looked as if you were undecided on the light controls....
This is how I did mine, tucks in nice and is still functional for the street.

Name:  Picture005.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  72.2 KB
Old 03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by havok
me and my boy went to town on the tank last week...and the hb set up was a pain in the nutts
Believe it or not, when I hammered this tank the line-x was on it. How it looks right now is how it look afer I stoped hammering it. No bondo or fill-

worked out real nice :YEAH

-Dean