Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:12 PM

fall out boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Help

Hey, i need some advice on a dirt bike who ever knows about. i got an xr 100 and i am lookin for a new one. i am deciding on a honda cr 85 yz 85 or an rm 85. I cant decide please write back cuz i am dazed about
Old 06-14-2005, 01:23 AM

acanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help

For someone at your level who probably doesnt and wont race for a while, you should just pick which color you like more. For you, the attributes of the bike wont really matter, they all perform almost the same and unless your racing it doesnt really matter.

Id suggest staying on a 4 stroke, mabye move up to a TTR125 or something. I dont think you should go to a 2 stroke racing 85 after only being on a XR100. A most that XR will make 8-9 horsepower. A newer 85 will be pushing close to 20 horses. Not only is the power doubled, the power delievery is changed drastically too.

First off, you will have NO low end torque. Then, there will be the unexpected powerband hit which could cause a new rider to loop the bike if they dont expect it (and you wont, until your used to the bike the powerband will hit when you least expect it).

Also all the power comes in the high RPMs, abruptly and hard. Just look at the dyno chart of a 2 stroke, the HP graph will shoot up to the maximum HP within a few thousand RPM. On a 4 stroke, the power graph is smooth and the power builds gradually without sudden jumps or dips.

Based on my personal preference,(if you still think you can handle a 2 stroke) get a Honda CR85... its fast, reliable, and (almost) indestructable.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:27 AM

SlitZ is a decent person

this is the pic thread..... wrong forum.... i say get a 04 gix 1000 and throw some dirt tires on it
Old 06-14-2005, 04:42 PM

fall out boy is an unknown quantity at this point

hey thanx for that info i wanna start racin adn i know they have a lot of powerband but i think i can handle it. So thanx again cya