I Ran Outta Luck :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point
I Ran Outta Luck :(

Last Wednesday night i was out practicing at the spot with a couple friends. I was working on all the good ol slow stuff, then i was tryin some circles, it was all good they were comming along well. then i highsided on one and broke my footpeg bracket with my foot brake on it. So now i had no rear brakes. So i decided the night was still early so i would do some seat stander combos, spreaders, .... i did a couple and everything was cool then on a SS to a spreader jump i picked up some speed, i went until i had to start slowing down so i slid back to the seat are and pulled in the front brake lever. Next thing i knew it broke off and fell to the ground. I couldnt stop at all. I went into a curb at about 45-50 mph and blacked out. All i remember was jumping off the bike while going into the curb, then waking up sliding on my back and watching my bike pass me up. I launched a good 25 feet from the curb and my bike was 40feet into the field. I would of been ok but the dirt field i landed in happened to have gravel where i landed. My icon jacket saved me all over except where the jacket ends and my pants start, it flopped up and some big rocks dug into my lower back pretty deep. and i either have a broken wrist or a fractured wrist. I still gotta go get it looked at. and my neck is pretty sore from my head hitting the ground so fast.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	poor F4i.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	135455   Click image for larger version

Name:	poor front rim.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	135456   Click image for larger version

Name:	poor rear rim.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	135457   Click image for larger version

Name:	broken rearset.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	135458  
Old 05-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Two Tone

Re: I Ran Outta Luck :(

Its ok though, the bike should be fixed and ready to go before i even am. It'll have a 954 front suspension, new fairings, new paint of course ..... :YEAH
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	broken tony and broken bike 1.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	135459  
Old 05-02-2005, 01:02 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

thats sucks...dammit ur biek was so pretty to...see u need a hb so u cuda saved ur self...lol
Old 05-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
thats sucks...dammit ur biek was so pretty to...see u need a hb so u cuda saved ur self...lol
yeah i know, it's ok i'll have a HB soon. And as for the bike. We came up with a sweet design for it. Still gonna be flames/realfire... You'll see soon. im excited. I cant wait to get back out there. It was my 2nd day actually tryin circles and they were really comming along. I did a couple 3/4 circles and almost 1 full. I though it wasnt bad for 2nd day tryin.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:23 PM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

that sucks Tony, at least you got out with minimal injuries though
Old 05-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

that sucks!!!!!!!!

make sure you get you wrist looked at man!! heal up quick!!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:31 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

sucks man...good thing you had your gear on
Old 05-02-2005, 02:39 PM

try&keepup is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like it musta been a wicked ride
Old 05-02-2005, 02:43 PM

WHEELIEALEX is an unknown quantity at this point

That does suck dude!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

hey lil tony, thanks for lettin me know u wrecked! jeez i worry about u.. glad u're ok, yeah get the wrist checked out, cuz if you don't get it set, it's gonna ruin your riding in the future.. i'll be in cali in 3 weeks... and then again in like a month and a half.. so we'll meet up, hopefully you can ride by then.. gimme a call pedro
Old 05-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

This last week was a bad one for us......a lot more people than usual had some pretty bad crashes.

Hey Tony, since i broke my ribs, and you broke your wrist, lets have a healing race .......last one to heal is a rotton egg!

how long is your wrist suppose to take? I have no idea how long broken ribs take. i didnt go to the hospital or anything. plus its my floater ribs, so i dunno.......

as soon as i get a phone ill call you up man.

Get well soon

--Kendall
Old 05-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
hey lil tony, thanks for lettin me know u wrecked! jeez i worry about u.. glad u're ok, yeah get the wrist checked out, cuz if you don't get it set, it's gonna ruin your riding in the future.. i'll be in cali in 3 weeks... and then again in like a month and a half.. so we'll meet up, hopefully you can ride by then.. gimme a call pedro

THX evryone, and mike sorry buddy i ahvent been on the comp since wednesday morning. It hurts like hell to sit down,and i only have 1 good hand to type and use a mouse. it kinda sux. Buy yeah it should be better soon. i gotta go get ready right now, Get myself to the hospital, finally. TTYL :YEAH
Old 05-02-2005, 03:24 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

excuses excuses... hard to type when u only have one hand and u're lookin at ****, so i understand, let me know how it goes!
Old 05-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
This last week was a bad one for us......a lot more people than usual had some pretty bad crashes.

Hey Tony, since i broke my ribs, and you broke your wrist, lets have a healing race .......last one to heal is a rotton egg!

how long is your wrist suppose to take? I have no idea how long broken ribs take. i didnt go to the hospital or anything. plus its my floater ribs, so i dunno.......

as soon as i get a phone ill call you up man.

Get well soon

--Kendall
A race, ok deal. R you able to work? I cant really do too much right now. If not you should come down and we can go to the mall and look at all the 12'teen year olds. Like old disabled men hahaah My buddy that does my mechanical work got hit and ran over by a car. He just got outta surgery. Well hit me up soon Kendall and get better. Remember: the race starts NOW!!!! :YEAH
Old 05-02-2005, 03:32 PM

no work for me right now.....it hurts too much to walk right now. im gonna try to get to work tommorow or the next day though...

my ribs keep clicking.....is that bad?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:36 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

I did the same thing on my 954, ended up with a sprained wrist that lasted 2 weeks, hurt like hell at first. I thought the bone was buldging out so I was afraid to take my TiMax jacket off.

Hopefully you have no broken bones, that way you can get back on the road quicker.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:37 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
no work for me right now.....it hurts too much to walk right now. im gonna try to get to work tommorow or the next day though...

my ribs keep clicking.....is that bad?
Reminds me of when I broke my collar bone clean off, that **** is disgusting feeling it move when you walk.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:04 PM

how come it says Mikeysbf posted, but when i come in here, the last post is from FHL?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:15 PM
B.T.M.

cuz FHL ruins everything
Old 05-02-2005, 05:22 PM

seriously though, its saying all over that MikeySBF posted and when i go look at the thread, theres no post from him in there

Quick Reply: I Ran Outta Luck :(