Stunt photographer in Phoenix AZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 07:08 PM

chainsawbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Stunt photographer in Phoenix AZ

Hey kids what's shakin? My name's Brandon and I'm a photographer from Phoenix. wow.. I sound like a 12 step fella heh... So yeah... I thought I'd show off a couple of photos here to get some feedback. I've been doing photography for many moons and I've got some pretty swell equipment to work with. Right now I've got some of my stunt work up on my personal site at http://www.chainsawbeer.com/gallery/...s.php?album=48 right now but that's not comprehensive. My main photography site is www.fantasyphotographs.com but I haven't gotten around to putting up any of my stunt work there yet. I used to do contract work for a bunch of adult sites here in the valley but my photography has been taking a new direction lately. I also haven't updated my photo site for a while because of my crazy work schedule. I'm now available on weekends for stunt photos though and lately I've been working pretty much for free for a few smaller crews in exchange for building up my portfolio (a few sodas couldnt hurt though heh) and I also have friends at a photo lab so I can have nice big prints made for you pretty cheap as well. If you'd like to have some photo work done, you can get my email address and phone number from the photography site mentioned above or you can pm me here. I also travel quite a bit so even if you're in another state there's a decent chance I'll be dropping by. I make it to LA, SanFrancisco, Vegas, Cincinnati, New York and a few others fairly frequently so hit me up. BTW I've also been known to do some video work and I've had a hand in producing a few DVDs so if you need video work I'm available for that too.

Old 01-23-2005, 06:53 PM

Re: Stunt photographer in Phoenix AZ

A few more... just to see what you folks might think... while sometimes I love the freeze-motion style images, I have lately been preferring the more dramatic slow shutterspeed with rear curtain sync flash to show the streaked motion but still having a solid image. Which is kewler?

Old 01-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Kelly. is an unknown quantity at this point

to be honest they just kinda look like snapshots. (not meant to be a ****)

check out taburton.com maybe pm and get some tips?

jus tryin to help.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Suzukibabe22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that Lynn in the 7th picture??
Old 01-23-2005, 09:42 PM

Yeh I think that's the fellas name... lynn... len... something like that... rode with suicidal kings for a long time... not sure if he still has a group association or whatnot. The 3rd - 8th were actually taken FROM a bike (something of a stunt in itself when you're trying to get shots done with a digital slr) and as far as the stuff on taburton.com it all looks pretty good, but none of the action shots seem to have any kind of creative composition... all it takes is a fast shutterspeed and wide aperture to freeze motion and blur a background... but the conveying of energy seems more important to me... part of why I've lately been more of a fan of dragging the shutter and doing a rear curtain sync... but then that's just one fellas opinion. That's definatley not to say that the images on taburton.com are not well composed from a technical standpoint or anything, I like them a great deal.. they just don't show energy to me for some reason hence the lack of creative composition. Maybe that's not what it takes to be a good stunt photographer though. That's why I was asking for opinions... obviously since I'm looking to expand my stunt-photography portfolio the community opinion is what counts.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:52 PM

justin75south is an unknown quantity at this point

all you do is change the exposure time... not too hard. not hatin, its just not rocket science.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	carstorm.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	119491   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-30-04 002.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	119492   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-11-04 004.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	119493   Click image for larger version

Name:	09-13-04 006.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	119494  
Old 01-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Suzukibabe22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chainsawbeer
Yeh I think that's the fellas name... lynn... len... something like that... rode with suicidal kings for a long time... not sure if he still has a group association or whatnot.
Lynn is a ..... total sweetie. he hangs out with my boy and his friends.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:05 PM

Big Brother is a decent person

Yeah Bro,
There's nothing wrong with creativity and energy, but keep that to yourself and for yourself. If you're trying to make money or break into the Stunt Photography business (if there is such a thing), then u have to give the stunter what they want...(my opinion) Detail, Color Fidelity, Sharpness and Composition.

Again, nothing wrong with what you're doing and how you're doing it. Keep practicing until u find your niche...who knows, when u get it down, people will come to u for that creativeness and energy, but until then they want nice standard type photography.

Check out some of these shots: https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109841
Old 01-23-2005, 10:32 PM

Exactly why I was trying to get the opinion of the community at large. Some of the fellas I shoot for enjoy something wild like what I do, a far cry from what you see in magazines and most peoples' websites etc. I know it would be silly to think that a handfull of riders from phoenix speak for the whole community though, so I figured this would be a good place to start asking for opinions. As far as exposure time change, there is also the matter of whether you want a front or rear cutrain sync'd flash, following or opposing motion, and which direction you want trails or if you even want them instead of the warm glow that can be provided by only opening your aperture up and slowing the shutter speed down a bit. However, if none of those things is what people want then center-weighted frozen-motion bokeh-filled shots is what will need to be produced :-) I'm not trying to make a business out of it... unfortunately there isn't nearly as much $s in stunt photography as there is in the adult side of things, but it generally allows more creativity. Apparently ****-cosumers demand even less creativity in their fodder heheh. Just like any other art form though, your ability to be seen only goes as far as your audiences desire to see what you produce, so it's important for me to start shooting the kind of things people WANT to see and establish myself to a point where rather than looking at me to produce certain kinds of shots, people will be interested in the kinds of shots I produce... if that makes much sense. I'm not exactly amature, I mean, I've been brought on to photograph a few of the gwar concerts here in phoenix, I've had work published in a british computer magazine and a french book of erotica... so I'm out there... stunt photography is just something I started getting into because of my interest in the sport. Currently I kinda suck at it (stunting not the photography heh) but I'm learning. I'm kinda limited by my equipment being that my first street bike is an '03 katana 600. It was a great first bike in that it lacked to ability to kill me as quickly and easily as some of the more agile bikes out there, but I quickly learned that even 1 down 2 up it's hard to lift it up, but it was very forgiving of new rider mistakes, which is probably part of the reason I'm posting here today. Now that I'm comfortable with my ability to ride within my means and I am familiar with how phoenix traffic works in regards to riders, I think it's time to move on up and the 05 cbr1000rr is looking mighty appealing.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:38 PM

Big Brother is a decent person

.....Now that I'm comfortable with my ability to ride within my means and I am familiar with how phoenix traffic works in regards to riders, I think it's time to move on up and the 05 cbr1000rr is looking mighty appealing.
Now U're talking! :YEAH

Keep up the good work on the photography...give your clients what they want.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:27 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

This guy does some pretty sick stuff

Old 01-24-2005, 06:07 AM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

you in pheonix? hit me up... I know a few fellas that could give ya some tips.. and or riding people that would be more than willing to let ya practice taking pics..
i'm kinda outta of the game for a week or so.. have to wait for my shoulder to heal..
but let me know
Old 01-24-2005, 12:22 PM

justin75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boxer
maybe its natural for me, but you have to have vision when taking a picture ... vision that lets you see how a picture will come out, and what ELSE will be in the picture ... im not bad *** or anything but its definetly criteria if you want decent shots ... anybody can take a picture, but its HOW it's taken that matters ... i think alot of it is just right place, right time too.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:38 AM
www.chicksdigscars.com.au

mike_rock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boxer

Maybe thats why his website is called SIKFOTOS.COM
Old 01-26-2005, 06:59 AM

Yeah I'm in phoenix... I'll drop yah a PM in case you're not following this thread anymore... but if you are... my IM name is OriginalSlacker. Like I said I'm free on all weekends for the most part and I can make it to any part of town on a whim. such are the bonuses of working 3rd shift with weekends off heh. I'd love to learn more about the sport I'm trying so hard to break into. I just replaced my rubber recently so it's coming up a LOT easier now, but it's still not seeming to want to come up in second gear so I'm not gonna be able to lift a wheelie at anything above 15 or 20 mph it would seem... and that may be pushing it. oh well... just gotta keep workin the tons of overtime and keep the photo work goin and I should be able to afford that new bike by june. Just out of curiousity... the 1000rr should prolly be able to lift up a 2nd gear wheelie at like 45 without excessive gearing right?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:50 PM

Yeah I'm in phoenix... I'll drop yah a PM in case you're not following this thread anymore... but if you are... my IM name is OriginalSlacker. Like I said I'm free on all weekends for the most part and I can make it to any part of town on a whim. such are the bonuses of working 3rd shift with weekends off heh. I'd love to learn more about the sport I'm trying so hard to break into. I just replaced my rubber recently so it's coming up a LOT easier now, but it's still not seeming to want to come up in second gear so I'm not gonna be able to lift a wheelie at anything above 15 or 20 mph it would seem... and that may be pushing it. oh well... just gotta keep workin the tons of overtime and keep the photo work goin and I should be able to afford that new bike by june. Just out of curiousity... the 1000rr should prolly be able to lift up a 2nd gear wheelie at like 45 without excessive gearing right?
lol
you really are a newbie...

let's keep this wheelie talk on the down low... let's go grab a cup of coffee and discuss the world of motorcycles.. before you go on this website and make a fool of yourself

Old 01-26-2005, 12:52 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Those pictures are horrible.. wtf.. This has got to be a joke
Old 01-26-2005, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by nags
shhhh...
Old 01-26-2005, 03:42 PM

Fensty is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 01-26-2005, 03:47 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FOTOgrapher is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't hold back Nags tell everyone how you really feel. lol On a side note, I dig some of the pictures on his website.

Quick Reply: Stunt photographer in Phoenix AZ