955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stunt photographer in Phoenix AZ

what happend to ur shoulder chick?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:02 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

Originally Posted by 955iDisastar
what happend to ur shoulder chick?
what part? my new tattoo? or from my truck accident?
Old 01-27-2005, 12:11 AM

chainsawbeer is an unknown quantity at this point

Heheh wow... thx for the lookin out. I'd love some coffee at some point. I'm a total ***** for Mill's End in tempe. They have the best mochas and crepes in the world. Plus, the co-proprietress is a sweet french lady and it gives me a chance to practice my french when she's in. I knew I spent 5 years becoming fluent for some reason... but somehow I figured it was for more than just talking to a lady at a coffee shop heh. Ne ways... yeah I'm a total noob... but not embarassed to admit, and more than willing to learn. Just like anything else in life, I feel that I understand something and identify with it better if I'm a part of it, but I guess I better wait till we have coffee sometime before explaining the rest of my motives so we actually have something to talk about huh? btw foto, which site were you talkin about
Old 01-27-2005, 12:13 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by foto
Don't hold back Nags tell everyone how you really feel. lol On a side note, I dig some of the pictures on his website.
My mom taught me to tell the truth
Old 01-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FOTOgrapher is an unknown quantity at this point

I like some of the pictures on www.fantasyphotographs.com
Old 01-27-2005, 10:25 AM

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foto
I like some of the pictures on www.fantasyphotographs.com

That site makes me wonder. Would you call it photography when someone takes a photo with a hard flash of a girl who's standing next wall or would you just call it "taking a photograph"

I dunno, but if one of my contributors submitted that stuff to my magazine, I'd
Old 01-27-2005, 10:57 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Boxer
That site makes me wonder. Would you call it photography when someone takes a photo with a hard flash of a girl who's standing next wall or would you just call it "taking a photograph"

I'm with ya. But he does have a lot of boobies on his site, so thats kinda cool
Old 01-27-2005, 11:09 AM

FOTOgrapher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boxer

To answer your first question, yes it is photography, because by definition photography is simply the act of taking a photograph. It may not be your style but it is still photography.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:56 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

you need to check out www.petesphotoshop.com he's here in AZ as well..
Old 01-27-2005, 01:25 PM

wickedpete is an unknown quantity at this point

cool thread, i dont have much time to write, but wanted to say i know what you mean about the motion thing... sometimes when i do stunt pics i dont like them if the motion is frozen too much, cuz it doesn't look like they are moving... or moving as fast as they are or whatever.... anyhoo, click this collage to go to my latest stuntin pics. comments always welcome. tks!

Old 01-27-2005, 02:15 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on the fence when it comes to motion blur.

I kinda of like the high shutter speed's that make it look you walk up to the subject and push them over, like they are just sitting there. Pit Racer magazine turned me on to this type of photography as well a guy named Mike Laputt in Las Vegas that shoots for www.trackday.net.

I especially like the stop motion for dirt shots especially in burm shots with the dirt frozen in the air.

For stunts, I like a little motion blur on burnouts with smoke. Acrobatic type shots, I like the still motion.

I'm am curious to hear more opinions on this though.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:52 PM

When you can tell what type of tire they run, that's fast shutter speed! LOL

But a little motion blur (look at the shoes) makes it look a like more movement.

Old 01-27-2005, 05:00 PM

(sorry I take to long to edit when looking for the pictures so that's why the multiple posts).

I also like the night effect shots with the shutter open for long periods of time.

THis shot is actually 50 riders in a wharehouse in pitch black. They were riding with glow sticks on their head. LOL. THe bright blue light is a strobe light.

Old 01-27-2005, 07:15 PM

Shift26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
I also like the night effect shots with the shutter open for long periods of time.

THis shot is actually 50 riders in a wharehouse in pitch black. They were riding with glow sticks on their head. LOL. THe bright blue light is a strobe light.

nice... where was that at John?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:29 PM

r6adam is an unknown quantity at this point

no way this guy is for real....dude, you cut the back wheel off in half of the pictures....and the top of the helmet on the rest.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by momentum
nice... where was that at John?
A warehouse in Van Nuys. Kinda of by Graves Motorsports.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by r6adam
no way this guy is for real....dude, you cut the back wheel off in half of the pictures....and the top of the helmet on the rest.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:56 PM

chainsawbeer is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said, I haven't updated my site lately or put nearly as much work into it as I'd like to. Some of the stuff up there is VERY aged and doesn't represent my latest work or even the changes I've made in style etc. A lot of what is up there is work from when I was working with a few different adult sites here in the valley and was kinda designed to attract that sort of audience. I was the cheif modeling recruiter and photographer for a couple of these sites, so I designed my site to appeal to the kind of people we were trying to find to work with us. Like I said, I've changed my focus and style a LOT recently, unfortunately, working full time plus plenty of overtime plus trying to maintain a decent social life has left me completely unable to reflect that through my main site. That is another reason behind my asking for people to let me practice and develop my photo technique with them in the stunt scene. I want to diversify my photo archive so that I can change my sites to reflect my new interests and techniques. Another reasoning behind the wide variety of quality relates to the actual people in the photos. A couple of the girls there just wanted to do some quick photos but wanted them on display on a fairly professional looking website so they could show them to a few interested parties. I was getting paid so I didnt question their motives. The werehouse photo is really rad and I totally dig it.. I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only fella out there who finds some degree of motion blur appealing. So yeah... to sum it up... thanx again for the feedback, even on the other photos on my sites that weren't posted. While I am still a total noob to the stunt scene it's been pleasent to find that there are so many friendly people out there willing to offer creative criticism and help me along. I should be cranking out some more photos this weekend and I'll drop them here to see what yah kids think. Oh and about the occasional framing problems... like I said... a lot of these photos were taken with a digital slr (means no lcd to help out, have to use the viewfinder) while riding. I'm still working on perfecting my technique as far as that goes... a throttle lock is prolly in order now.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:38 PM

Hoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Chainsaw-

One recommendation.... Try Video.

The motion you are achieving in your photo's isnt motion, its acid trails.
oh and one more thing, The point of a photo is to include the subject, cutting off heads and tires is really sloppy work. You said it was because you were riding.... next time either ride farther away, or concentrate on doing one thing at a time.

just my

Hoots
Old 01-30-2005, 02:24 PM

justin75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by r6adam