www.detroitstreetryders.com
Detroit, MI

So What Should I Do??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 02:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

clawsongirl is an unknown quantity at this point
So What Should I Do??

I need to get some more opinions from all my boys!Forks and sub-frame bent-the sub frame is welded to the body and not bolted(thanks Raybone).Cosmetic damage to entire left side.I reported it to State Farm right after it happened because I thought it was not rideable.Should I go with insurance or not?Either way where should I take it??Thanks guys!
Old 05-05-2003, 02:12 PM

RAW DAWG is an unknown quantity at this point
OUCH.....

that hurts girl.....

didnt think it was that bad.......

hopefully ya get it fixed soon.....

raw dawg
Old 05-05-2003, 02:20 PM

BUZZMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
These guys will help you out for sure, considering your one of them.

thanks alot all of you for yesterday. had a great time, ended up turning back in Ann Arbor with one of those Busa riders. got a concert to go to tonight so needed to get lot's of sleep. again had a blast those rodes were awesome, can anyone throw down the basic route we rode yesterday from N. Territorial road West to where ??????????? hope to do it again soon.

Buzz

Old 05-05-2003, 02:26 PM

smoothillusions is an unknown quantity at this point
clawson, e-bay is a wonderful thing. my buddy from PA has wrecked his YZF 600 like 6 times and still hasn't ever turned it into ins. I can help u fix it. I have fixed mine 3 times and i now know howk to do body work and paint. Plus i am learning to air brush. that hardest part is the sub-frame. Is anyone here good at tigging and or has a tig welder??
Laterz
Smooth
Old 05-05-2003, 02:33 PM

BUZZMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
here at my prototype engineering company we have several certified TIG welders and all the equipment for anytype of metal fabricating (ANY I MEAN STAMPING PRESSES, LASER CUTTING SYSTEMS, CNC MACHINING CENTERS) or welding. let me know if i can help..

Shanon (Buzz)
Old 05-05-2003, 02:37 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point
hit me up on yahoo
Old 05-05-2003, 02:39 PM

Judge is an unknown quantity at this point
if the forks and subframe are both bent they will most likely total the bike..especially State Farm. Take it to a Yamaha Dealer....and have a repair estimate written up...they will be able to have the state farm adjuster come to their facility to sign off on the estimate. With state farm...and a bent subframe I can almost guarantee they will totall it. They will not repair a frame...and a new frame and all of the labor involved will put the estimaete over the top.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:48 PM

smoothillusions is an unknown quantity at this point
there is a guy on ebay that has a yzf 600 he is parting out might want to check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35569

Laters smooth
Old 05-05-2003, 02:51 PM

Merlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Let the insurance total it out and then buy it back like was talked about yesterday. The you can fix it cheap....we have conections for a tig welder and parts.... It's up to you though.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:37 PM

**** let them total it out and get a different bike...if you have State farm you will play hell buying the bike back...they send everything to auction...and are dicks about telling you when and where the auction is...you can always hit ebay up and find new forks....the subframe is weak enough that they can be persuaded to go back into shape...plastics can be easily repaired...like I said in the pm..get ahold of Keith about platic repair and paint...the rest is minor stuff...you need to think about how much will your insurance go up if they total your bike....and you will end up needing a police report and they will no doubt write you a ticket while doin the report....its all up to you....
Old 05-12-2003, 03:34 PM

clawsongirl is an unknown quantity at this point

For those that offered to help with my bike....I took her too Cafe Concepts and Tony is gonna take care of everything!!Thanks- :YEAH ..................... ......................
Old 05-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

slothy is a decent person
Originally posted by Judge
**** let them total it out and get a different bike...if you have State farm you will play hell buying the bike back...they send everything to auction...and are dicks about telling you when and where the auction is...you can always hit ebay up and find new forks....the subframe is weak enough that they can be persuaded to go back into shape...plastics can be easily repaired...like I said in the pm..get ahold of Keith about platic repair and paint...the rest is minor stuff...you need to think about how much will your insurance go up if they total your bike....and you will end up needing a police report and they will no doubt write you a ticket while doin the report....its all up to you....
acutally buying a bike back from state farm is super easy :D

just say u want to buy it back (when u make the claim and they say its totaled) , they subtract the salvage value from the over all total value of the bike and cut u a check... and the title stays clean

Last edited by slothy; 05-12-2003 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:00 PM
*#%@!

Hinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to allHinks is a name known to all
true slothy, and also no police report is needed
Old 05-12-2003, 07:03 PM

well...then I guess buying a bike back is easier than buying a car....cuz I tried to buy my car back and it was not worth the trouble...
Old 05-13-2003, 09:05 AM

Raybone is an unknown quantity at this point
actually its exactly how slothy said it is...

i totaled out an r6 two summers ago....it was a 99 r6 with 18,000 miles and they wanted 2400 for the bike....they owed me 6200 so all i had to do was subtract the differences and they would send me a check and let me keep the bike...

i didnt think it was worth 2400 so i let them keep it and went out and bounght another...now i wish i would have kept the old biatch
Old 05-13-2003, 11:35 AM

JOKER-1000 can only hope to improve
Re: So What Should I Do??

Originally posted by clawsongirl
I need to get some more opinions from all my boys!Forks and sub-frame bent-the sub frame is welded to the body and not bolted(thanks Raybone).Cosmetic damage to entire left side.I reported it to State Farm right after it happened because I thought it was not rideable.Should I go with insurance or not?Either way where should I take it??Thanks guys!
INSURANCE!!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 10:48 PM

DreamRyder is an unknown quantity at this point
don't know ya Clawson .. but I went through this ordeal not too long ago after T-boneing a deer..

go with the insurance ~ if they want to total it buy it back at the salvage price (if worth it) then take it to your buddy and pay him to fix it and pocket the extra cash.... that's what I did.. and made a killin off of it... but if you end up with a salvage title be sure to have VIN# for all parts you replace and keep your receipts.... even for plastics and after market ****.. unlesss Merlin has gotten his hook up since him and I talked and can squeeze ya through the redtape....

Sorry to hear of your loss but make the best of it if ya can...
Old 05-14-2003, 12:53 AM

Hey I have a hook up for someone that does VIN inspections thats it....he isn't going to ignore anything. He's just local down here.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:49 AM

DreamRyder is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry Mike didn't mean for it to sound like you were doin anything out of line.. just ment you could get the inspection done much easier than what I had to deal with up here cause my local sheriff was an *** about havin Vin #'s for every stinkin part that wasn't really necessary according to others....
Old 05-14-2003, 09:22 PM

Last edited by Merlin; 05-19-2003 at 08:26 AM.