Detroit Street Ryders Photo Gallery
www.detroitstreetryders.com
Detroit, MI

So What Should I Do??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 06:27 AM

DreamRyder is an unknown quantity at this point
Leave it to you to turn a serious thread into a hump fest

I'll tell ya what.. you show up at a Drag Strip (on a stock bike with 900 cc or less) and beat my 10.0 sec time and I'll wear anything you want
Old 05-15-2003, 08:58 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Raybone is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DreamRyder

I'll tell ya what.. you show up at a Drag Strip (on a stock bike with 900 cc or less) and beat my 10.0 sec time and I'll wear anything you want
is this an open invite

ill find a bike
Old 05-15-2003, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Raybone
is this an open invite

ill find a bike

I dunno Ray.. what ya got a find another bike for the way you ride that R6 I'd be more afraid of you beatin my time than I would Merlin on anther 929

Hell with the new harder compound tires I'll be lucky to get close to my best time this Sat but I'm gonna try my darndest
Old 05-15-2003, 10:49 AM

I dunno Ray.. what ya got a find another bike for the way you ride that R6 I'd be more afraid of you beatin my time than I would Merlin on anther 929

Hell with the new harder compound tires I'll be lucky to get close to my best time this Sat but I'm gonna try my darndest
well thanks for the compliment

as i do recall i did beat orange pantys on his 900rr lol that was great

what kind of tires do you ahve on there now
Old 05-15-2003, 11:13 AM

well thanks for the compliment

as i do recall i did beat orange pantys on his 900rr lol that was great

what kind of tires do you ahve on there now

yea I recall that as well... that's why I was confused why you'd think you'd have to find another bike.. unless it was cause your R6 wasn't all stock...

well I use to have Mich's on but I wore them down too quickly in the middle (cause I do more straight line riding than anything) so Judge and Keith talked me into trying out the Bridgestone B10's... dual compound.. harder in the middle for longer wear and softer on the outer edges to still give ya the grip on the sides... THey rode very well at Deals didn't feel it slip any (accept when I caught my foot on the pavement from danglin it below the foot peg ) The true test will be on Track Day come Monday...
Old 05-15-2003, 12:02 PM

yea I recall that as well... that's why I was confused why you'd think you'd have to find another bike.. unless it was cause your R6 wasn't all stock...

well I use to have Mich's on but I wore them down too quickly in the middle (cause I do more straight line riding than anything) so Judge and Keith talked me into trying out the Bridgestone B10's... dual compound.. harder in the middle for longer wear and softer on the outer edges to still give ya the grip on the sides... THey rode very well at Deals didn't feel it slip any (accept when I caught my foot on the pavement from danglin it below the foot peg ) The true test will be on Track Day come Monday...
actually i have a 20 shot that no one knows about lol

i have the bt010 also and i love them very sticky and wear rather well if you ask me...im on my second pair
Old 05-15-2003, 12:17 PM

actually i have a 20 shot that no one knows about lol

i have the bt010 also and i love them very sticky and wear rather well if you ask me...im on my second pair

how many miles did you get out of your last pair? I still had some good tread left on those Mich's but they got so flat surfaced that I didn't trust runnin them at Deals or heavin forbid at the track... I loved them Mich's when they were brand new and very contoured... took no effort at all to whip the bike one way or the other... these bt010's don't seem to be as contoured and takes a hair more to get it to weave back and forth... but if I get more milage out of them I can live with that...
Old 05-15-2003, 07:54 PM

Merlin is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it have to be a bike?
Old 05-15-2003, 08:14 PM

Originally posted by Merlin
Does it have to be a bike?
YUP

unles you think you and your nike's alone can do it
Old 05-15-2003, 10:39 PM

Merlin is an unknown quantity at this point
HMMM...we'll just ahve to wait and see what I can get my hands on then.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:39 AM

Originally posted by Merlin
HMMM...we'll just ahve to wait and see what I can get my hands on then.
keep in mind it's gotta be stock and ya gotta be at the Dragstrip when I am there ~ to see if for my own two eyes

which just so happens to be this Sat at Ubly...
Old 05-16-2003, 09:19 AM

how many miles did you get out of your last pair? I still had some good tread left on those Mich's but they got so flat surfaced that I didn't trust runnin them at Deals or heavin forbid at the track... I loved them Mich's when they were brand new and very contoured... took no effort at all to whip the bike one way or the other... these bt010's don't seem to be as contoured and takes a hair more to get it to weave back and forth... but if I get more milage out of them I can live with that...
im not exactly sure howmany miles...i want to say about 7000?????? but you have to remember i was running my rear tire like 10-12lbs low for whoolies....so im sure that played a part in premature wear....plus i ride on my tires till the cords show lol
Old 05-21-2003, 07:49 PM

These Bt010 were awesome at the track Monday... I felt no slippage at all... they scrubbed in nicely...

as for Sat at the Drag Strip well they seemed to work well.. no spinning and only a couple wheelies.. but that's not the tires fault I was too heavy on the throttle at the get go..
Old 05-22-2003, 09:57 AM

These Bt010 were awesome at the track Monday... I felt no slippage at all... they scrubbed in nicely...

as for Sat at the Drag Strip well they seemed to work well.. no spinning and only a couple wheelies.. but that's not the tires fault I was too heavy on the throttle at the get go..

are you leaning way over the front end of your bike.....you might wanna look into a strap to tie your front suspension down.....i was thinking of using my screw belt...its a tough motha
Old 05-22-2003, 10:19 AM

are you leaning way over the front end of your bike.....you might wanna look into a strap to tie your front suspension down.....i was thinking of using my screw belt...its a tough motha
well I lay my chest down on the tank and try to put all my weight there till I take off then I let my but slide back into the seat so my weight is more to the rear......... I saw a few there with their front ends strapped down.. but looks like a lot of hassel for just a half day of play time.... I need to go back to that cow country road in Vassar and practice my throttle control so I can get the feel for just how much & how quick I can open it up without pullin the front end off the ground...
Old 05-22-2003, 10:25 AM

well I lay my chest down on the tank and try to put all my weight there till I take off then I let my but slide back into the seat so my weight is more to the rear......... I saw a few there with their front ends strapped down.. but looks like a lot of hassel for just a half day of play time.... I need to go back to that cow country road in Vassar and practice my throttle control so I can get the feel for just how much & how quick I can open it up without pullin the front end off the ground...
yea too bad i cant launch my bike anymore.....everytime i launch it now it makes a herrendous noise.....i use to be pretty good at launching it too
Old 05-22-2003, 10:31 AM

yea too bad i cant launch my bike anymore.....everytime i launch it now it makes a herrendous noise.....i use to be pretty good at launching it too

well if ya would ever show up on a ride I'm on then maybe you could clue me in on your secret
Old 05-22-2003, 10:37 AM

well if ya would ever show up on a ride I'm on then maybe you could clue me in on your secret
i cant give away me secrets....thats how i win races off of street lights lol.....i should see you this sat all hung over.....
Old 05-22-2003, 12:10 PM

i cant give away me secrets....thats how i win races off of street lights lol.....i should see you this sat all hung over.....
well maybe if I sweet talk ya, you'll share a lil with me.. I promise I won't use them against ya

as for SAT you better be there... or I'm gonna give up on you
Old 07-19-2003, 12:14 AM

Demakok is an unknown quantity at this point
hey fellas I crahse my R6 and I was wondering if I can get hook ups for used good condition parst If statefarm decides that they will write me a check to fix my bike I could use it economically and save the restof the **** if they total it I'll just buy it back for cheap and save more. I'll be going to detroit tomorrow for the east land ride if any one got info halla at me there cant miss me I got duc tape all over the front end