So whats my motivation??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:01 PM

iStunt is an unknown quantity at this point
So whats my motivation??

I don't know if its the changing season and I'm depressed that I can't ride everyday, but I've began to question if I'm gonna be doin this stunt thing as hardcore as I used to. I don't have the motivation anymore, atleast not right now. I've accomplished my main goal and that was to learn circles. Now I can't do them perfectly everytime or do anything more than 3 but i can do them and I'm satisfied with that, but I just don't think I have that drive anymore. This maybe caused by a few things that I can think of.
1) I'm not challeged enough. Like when you go after a girl and you enjoy the hunt but when you finally make her yours, you don't want her as much as you thought. Granted there still are plenty of stunts and combos for me to learn.
2) I don't really see myself going anywhere with it like I want to. Hell Yes its fun, but when I see Aaron and Sean going places in the sport like they are and I'm not, its kinda of discouraging.
3) I'm not apart of any team yet, I'd love to start or be in a group and do some shows but who???
4) That last part leads me to this point: I kinda feel like an outkast to you guys. I have skill but no real style and we all know that you need style to be different and noticable than the next guy. Yes I'm good/great friends with some of you out there and I apprieciate all of them but there's just something missing. Well I think I'm done whining about this I'll have to take a good winters thought to figure it out.

PS
Please don't post ***** this up. I love this sport.

Last edited by iStunt; 11-15-2005 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Oops
Old 11-15-2005, 05:35 PM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: So whats my motivation??

you should only be riding your motorcycle because you love it. you are better now than chris was when he left minnesota a little over a year ago. as far as loving the chase, the chase should never stop. kyle woods, joe vertical, jacob and aaron, they all continue chasing. Aaron Brunelle couldn't ride highchairs or spreaders to save his life until about april or may. just ride because you love it. ride because when you're behind the bars, you ain't thinkin about anything else other than you and your F4i.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:33 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by SmokeRing
you should only be riding your motorcycle because you love it. you are better now than chris was when he left minnesota a little over a year ago. as far as loving the chase, the chase should never stop. kyle woods, joe vertical, jacob and aaron, they all continue chasing. Aaron Brunelle couldn't ride highchairs or spreaders to save his life until about april or may. just ride because you love it. ride because when you're behind the bars, you ain't thinkin about anything else other than you and your F4i.

Agreed......if your only motivation is to go "somewhere" with this sport then maybe you should evaluate why you ride

i didn't move to go "somewhere" with this sport, i moved to become a better rider, i still try to ride 7 days a week, while its fun to do shows and compete for me it is still a constant battle to ride as well as i can. I may not be the best and i don't think that i really wanna be the best. without my bike i don't know who i am or what i would do. i have engulfed myself in this lifestyle and i don't know what any other life would be like or if i would like it. If you have fun, keep riding, if you are riding to be the best or to make a living out of it then you should really have a heart to heart with yourself and decide what it is that you want to do

An on another note in reference to AAron and Sean, its all about the travel...no one is gonna figure out who you are if you are only riding parking lots in MN. you need to get out to comps, spend money and shake everybodys hands and promote yourself.......

There are no room for whiners cause there is always somebody who is behind you who is grateful for what they can do and what they got......remember that it may help you out in the long run
Old 11-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Mid-West Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unknownrider
Agreed......if your only motivation is to go "somewhere" with this sport then maybe you should evaluate why you ride

i didn't move to go "somewhere" with this sport, i moved to become a better rider, i still try to ride 7 days a week, while its fun to do shows and compete for me it is still a constant battle to ride as well as i can. I may not be the best and i don't think that i really wanna be the best. without my bike i don't know who i am or what i would do. i have engulfed myself in this lifestyle and i don't know what any other life would be like or if i would like it. If you have fun, keep riding, if you are riding to be the best or to make a living out of it then you should really have a heart to heart with yourself and decide what it is that you want to do

An on another note in reference to AAron and Sean, its all about the travel...no one is gonna figure out who you are if you are only riding parking lots in MN. you need to get out to comps, spend money and shake everybodys hands and promote yourself.......

There are no room for whiners cause there is always somebody who is behind you who is grateful for what they can do and what they got......remember that it may help you out in the long run

man's got a good point there on another note damn theis wene did you get so professional
Old 11-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iStunt
I don't know if its the changing season and I'm depressed that I can't ride everyday, but I've began to question if I'm gonna be doin this stunt thing as hardcore as I used to. I don't have the motivation anymore, atleast not right now. I've accomplished my main goal and that was to learn circles. Now I can't do them perfectly everytime or do anything more than 3 but i can do them and I'm satisfied with that, but I just don't think I have that drive anymore. This maybe caused by a few things that I can think of.
1) I'm not challeged enough. Like when you go after a girl and you enjoy the hunt but when you finally make her yours, you don't want her as much as you thought. Granted there still are plenty of stunts and combos for me to learn.
2) I don't really see myself going anywhere with it like I want to. Hell Yes its fun, but when I see Aaron and Sean going places in the sport like they are and I'm not, its kinda of discouraging.
3) I'm not apart of any team yet, I'd love to start or be in a group and do some shows but who???
4) That last part leads me to this point: I kinda feel like an outkast to you guys. I have skill but no real style and we all know that you need style to be different and noticable than the next guy. Yes I'm good/great friends with some of you out there and I apprieciate all of them but there's just something missing. Well I think I'm done whining about this I'll have to take a good winters thought to figure it out.

PS

Dude you ever want to ride in a show we book holla at me. We (Scooter Trash) do a lot of shows. It's a drive but whatever you're welcome anytime.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:28 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mid-West Tony
man's got a good point there on another note damn theis wene did you get so professional

im always holdin it down bro.....
Old 11-15-2005, 08:57 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

Nicely put Theis brothers. Glad to know guys like you. As for you iStunt ride because you love it first and then go from there. See you at the lot.

By the way this is Sean not Aaron. I just had to edit this post because it looks like Aaron has been messing around on my computer.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:05 PM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by MidWestKid
Nicely put Theis brothers. Glad to know guys like you. As for you iStunt ride because you love it first and then go from there. See you at the lot.

By the way this is Sean not Aaron. I just had to edit this post because it looks like Aaron has been messing around on my computer.

just holding it down florida
Old 11-16-2005, 07:10 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Mid-West Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

theis you got a place for me and 1 or 2 straglers for a day or 2 during bike week? we can do some riding or whatever it doesnt matter to me let me know brotha :YEAH
Old 11-16-2005, 02:34 PM

900RR Brad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iStunt

PS

Your not the only one!
Old 11-17-2005, 05:14 AM

phillydogmn is an unknown quantity at this point

well this is just me but i have a hard time going to work in the ridding season . it just the love of ridding . just love it bro and have some fun with the stunts that is all i can do .when my bike was stolen that f-me up i need my bike bake why i love to ride and work on it . that is what i live for o and hunting but that is just me . so cam just don't give it up bro just my :YEAH