Molybdenum Disulfide

Old 08-26-2003, 04:37 PM
D-Aces Stunt Pimp

dAcesCory is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had no problems with my clutch sliping so far. Once I find a backup motor, I will start beating the **** out of my engine again to see If it lasts any longer with this oil.

I am going to get a copy of the new Sport Rider and see what they say about all this.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:29 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point
Any updates on the findings?

I am somewhat sold on the Mobil 1, but not if it will make the clutch slip.

I have ALWAYS and will ALWAYS ONLY use Mobil 1 in my Mitsubishi Eclipse All-Wheel Drive Turbo!
Old 09-21-2003, 05:05 PM

True Pimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I use Motul motorcycle oil in my GSXR and I haven't had any problems yet. Motul is an ester based oil, I didn't know what ester was before reading this post. Nice to see it's a good thing.

Also I read somewhere that we should not use car oil in our bikes because the bike oils have additives that prevent degradation of the oil caused by the gears in a bike's transmission. Now that I think of it Honda recommends that you use regular motor oil in the manual transmission of a Honda Civic so that goes against the statement I made before. Anyway, I just wanted to share the info I had.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
Wherecan this mobil1 vtwin oil be found? I seen Castrol Vtwin oil at a shop near me the other day. Would this be just as good as the Mobil1 vtwin oil?
Old 09-22-2003, 02:37 PM
D-Urban

d-acesDan is an unknown quantity at this point
I got it from Auto Zone.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:50 AM
D-Aces Stunt Pimp

dAcesCory is an unknown quantity at this point
Slow to reply again but I think that the article in Sport Rider Mag is not the information a stunter is looking for at all. That article based on an engine that is under constant oil pressure. I think any stock engine with constant oil pressure(never in a wheelie) could be beat to f^ck and still get thousands of miles with ANY oil. Stunters engines are blowing up because of one reason, long durations of time with no oil pressure.

I now have much doubt about what was told to me by these lab techs at the oil Companys. The dude from Mobil 1 told me that Both Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w-50 and Mobil 1 MX4T had very high(the highest) concentrations of Moly. This article says that the MX4T has an undetactable amount and they do not list the V-Twin oil in the tests. There where a few other things stated in the Magazine article that seem very different from what I was told.

THE SOLUTION: Be very smart and rig your bike to get oil pressure at all times.

DELAY YOUR ENGINES DEATH: Find someone that can truly test these oils to find the one with the longest lubrication under no oil pressure.(this would only help extend the life of your engine, it will still blow up)

To tell you the truth, from when I first posted this topic to now, I have been told so many different things from so many people that are "very smart with this topic" that I don't really believe any of the "smart" people's theories any more.

A test needs to be done about which oil has the longest lubrication under no oil pressure.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Regular StuntLifer

R6Rider4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Like one of those infomercials where they drain all the oil out of the motor to see which one seizes up last.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:37 PM
HoOk

J-Hook is an unknown quantity at this point
daaaaaaaaaamn this is an awesome article!!!!!!! my friends put prolong in their bikes like a week ago... they were like "should we? shhould we? should we?" sounds like thats working for you... i saw "molybdenum sulfide" and i used to use this stuff in the navy... awesome stuff... and if you put a couple drops in somenoes morning coffee, they'll be shitting themselves SICK! before lunch... someone should really post this in the stunt discussion if it hasnt been yet