Tha Alabama Bullshit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of
Re: Tha Alabama Bullshit Thread

we were just talking about MS, whats the plan? What time are you guys riding and where?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:18 PM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jsmoke

Here's the problem- as soon as i feel the bike hit bp i'm laying off the throttle and leaning forward. why? cause i ****** suck and have no rear brake control. I cover the rear brake the whole time but when i'm on one wheel it's the last thing on my mind.

do i just need to jab the rear brake on every wheelie i do until it's permanently beat into my head? i feel like finding bp before i have brake control is a recipe for disaster.
Learning to use the brake takes a lot of practise, but once you get it, then things just start to fall in place, until you start cirlces and then is sux all over again

Stunting is 70% mental and 30% skill (at least in the beginning), that is why I think the younger guys learn so quick. Look at our friends, Lil Troy and Debo, they soaked stunting up very quickly cause they are fearless and comfident in their skills. Once you get comfortable enough with being at BP, you will relax and then you will see it as no big deal.

I would say don't worry so much about trying to ride long wheelies, instead get to BP and start tapping the brake, while trying to be as smooth as possible on the gas. Do that over and over, and then over and over again and it will all make since.

Well enough for today, I definitly plan on riding with you when we start that job in Norcross.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Compton82
we were just talking about MS, whats the plan? What time are you guys riding and where?

Not sure, I will give Scott a call in a little while and then hit you up.

My phone doesn't work very well here so just leave me a message
Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 PM

later, I'm out
Old 08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

word....
Old 08-29-2008, 06:25 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by jsmoke
here ya go...
nice! staying with a stock sprocket for now? Hows that SI 12 bar? I've been trying foot in seat but it feels akward so I've been wondering about maybe putting a 12 bar on it

Originally Posted by Compton82
Bike looks good. Way better than when you got it
good to hear lol, thats what I was going for :YEAH

Originally Posted by shky4
Looks

I can't wait to see it Monday in Laural, MS

for sure, it looks nice from far away and it looks so-so up close
Old 08-29-2008, 06:26 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
word....
did you pick the bike up or what?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:45 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beto
did you pick the bike up or what?
Yep!!
55t PMP on the way.
FI cage on the way
HoHey top tripple, 4-piston, rearsets on the way
Vortex gold clip-ons here already
Thinking about a GPR also
I need to hit up Johnny P too.:YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-29-2008, 06:51 PM

**** I want a hohey top triple sooo bad, hope I win it in the raffle

oh yeah and you better get a subcage, I kid you not, the stock pass. brackets snap way too easy
Old 08-29-2008, 06:54 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by Beto
**** I want a hohey top triple sooo bad, hope I win it in the raffle

oh yeah and you better get a subcage, I kid you not, the stock pass. brackets snap way too easy
Yea, they felt flimsy just standing on them. I will have to call Ian tuesday.
Gonna try to rock it full fairing until i snap the upper off
Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 PM

lol I thought about doing that but decided against it

maybe one day I'll finally hit up JohnnyP for that stay
Old 08-29-2008, 07:45 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I wonder if you can remove the sub throttle plates out of the throttle bodies for improved low end and throttle response? I have done several zx-10's and 14's and its nuts. I better ask OMR
Old 08-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
Yep!!
55t PMP on the way.
FI cage on the way
HoHey top tripple, 4-piston, rearsets on the way
Vortex gold clip-ons here already
Thinking about a GPR also
I need to hit up Johnny P too.:YEAH :YEAH
wanna trade for a f4i?
Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
wanna trade for a f4i?
If I dont like it then maybe
Old 08-29-2008, 09:12 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I took my tank off and saw what appeared to be a little bit of sand residue on top of the air box. The air filter was kinda dirty but not really. I cleaned and re-oiled it. took the airbox off and the throttle bodies looked perfectly clean.(paranoid) I put a new battery in and fired her up and rode up & down the street in front of my work and it runs really good. I'm draining the oil right now and it looks brand new? I am getting suspicous for some reason. If thing has ever been sunk, that would suck. I guess time will tell.

edit: its a CA model

Last edited by -SKETCHY-; 08-29-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:17 AM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Just rock it out and quit worrying... I just remembered earlier tonight that I haven't changed the oil in this thing since I got it.... But have cracked the filter loose many times to bleed it... oil light started coming on in a wheelie... just a tad low. Guess I'll change it tomorrow or sunday..

Had a good time tonight.. think I'm starting to learn a few new things..
Old 08-30-2008, 07:58 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

1st post :YEAH
Old 08-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

second
Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I Love To Post!

anyone riding today?
Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 AM
I Love To Post!

the Barons are away, so we can ride there

Quick Reply: Tha Alabama Bullshit Thread