Triple Xtreme Photo Gallery
www.TripleXtreme.net
Fort Lauderdale, FL

TRIPLEXXXTREME trailer on I-95 Sat. night...

Old 10-26-2003, 06:03 AM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point
TRIPLEXXXTREME trailer on I-95 Sat. night...

I was wondering if anyone on this site was driving on I-95 in the TRIPLEXXXTREME truck/trailer (w/the GEARED UP truck as well) Saturday night after the Morosso show. I'm the guy on the ZX6-RR... I didn't want you guys to think I was following you or anything. I just thought that when you waved me over you wanted me to tag along. I hope I gave you something for the camera. I would of loved to have kept going, but even though I don't mind the strong winds it was just too wet for me. Not a bitch, just know my limits. If any of you guys are going out for rides, and would be willing to critique and/or coach a brother it would be greatly appreciated. Working 70-80 hours a week makes it difficult for me to coordinate times, but if ever we meet again I am hungry to learn more, more, more.

My biggest problem currently is body position on stand-ups. I study videos every night, and everyone seems to have considerable distance between their chest & the clip-ons; yet I always have the tank flat up to my chest? I know I'm 6'1" & the Kawi is tiny, but I still think that I must be out of position.

TIPS anyone?
Old 10-26-2003, 06:11 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Brandon96311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lean back and take the bike with you. Heads prabobly real close when you come down? It feels weird at first but you will never get distance without leaning back. Unless your good enough to stand it up that much higher.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:13 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
moroso sucks
Old 10-27-2003, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by nags
moroso sucks
WHY? What happened?
Old 10-27-2003, 12:23 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by gorka
....Oh wait, I'm forgetting someone..........DREW STONE! Always the highlight of the party.
yea you forgot me...i am only part geared up. the part that dont compete..lol

ok for the crazy ****er on I-95. bro we thought you were going to eat **** a few times. we did not get any camera footage of you because when we got to where we could film you pulled off. be carefully doing **** on the highways with those bad road conditions. i do my stand ups with the tank at my chest as well. i think it looks smoother that way personally. it is just a higher balance point from leaning back. you may want to go practice on a deserted road.
lata
Chris
Old 10-27-2003, 08:58 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont make me talk about your wheelies Chris.........

Gorka - Always a good time thanks for the props !!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:54 AM

Originally posted by StuntRagz Chris
yea you forgot me...i am only part geared up. the part that dont compete..lol

ok for the crazy ****er on I-95. bro we thought you were going to eat **** a few times. we did not get any camera footage of you because when we got to where we could film you pulled off. lata
Chris
Hello Chris... "crazy fu**er" here. I'm assuming you are talking about eating **** on the high speed stoppies!? I know it must look like I'm getting ready to eat it, but for the life of me I can't keep the high speed stoppies straight. I've got no fear lifting them, but I can't keep the ones over 65mph straight so now I just lift em & drop em right before I get TOO sideways which gives me that big wiggle on the landing every time. I figure if I keep doing it every day, sooner or later I'll be rockin em out from 80mph. Right now I can only make em look perfect start to finish, from no faster than 60mph.

Quick question: You mean "crazy fu**er" in a good way, or a bad way?
Old 10-28-2003, 11:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by melampus

Quick question: You mean "crazy fu**er" in a good way, or a bad way?
i guess both......

like Gregg said...a mistake on I-95 could be potential fatal, ok maybe not in those exact words, but thats what he meant.
i guess i am saying practice them without cars behind you!

i can say this you kept me watching....

and as for you Gregg, dont get me started on your acrobats..
Old 10-29-2003, 01:52 AM

Works for me...
This is one big-*** country, and for me... to have even 1 stunt-life member saying, "i can say this you kept me watching...." is enough to make me smile today.

On a deeper note, I DO RESPECT and heed your advice. This sport has me flirting w/death enough to realize it can all be over faster then it takes to blink an eye. I realize a momentary lapse of concentration quickly translates into physical & financial disaster. Through all my accidents I have been fortunate to have kept all my limbs, and kept them in working order. Yes, there have been periods of time I could not walk or could not work, but all in all I've luckily stayed healthy.

I admit though sometimes I do get careless, or engage actions that may not be in my best interest. I am only human. I wish I did a better job at restraining myself, but sometimes I just feel like I have got to prove myself to all outside the world inside my helmet. I rationalize by telling myself I need to work through the **** to get to the next level. I definitely agree that I do need to find somewhere to practice void of cars, but where could there be such a place?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:21 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point
What I mean is its a scary feeling to be sliding down the road at 60 plus looking at a car 30 ft from you trying not to hit ya....... Its not real cool (well at the time) and I would not wish it on anyone......

Chris
Old 11-02-2003, 02:23 AM

Exclamation I second that...

Originally posted by GreggV
What I mean is its a scary feeling to be sliding down the road at 60 plus looking at a car 30 ft from you trying not to hit ya....... Its not real cool (well at the time) and I would not wish it on anyone......
Agreed... I can remember sliding down the middle of the lane; looking through my legs was the car that was just behind me, looking to my left was the car that was still right next to me. One slowly approaching and passing me respectively. I-95 Glades Road north-bound exit low-side in the wet about nine years ago on a 1986VFR700 on my way to work with my room-mate that I worked with as well following me. That was the first time I experienced trauma-shock. I ran as best I could to the bike; twisted forks, flooded carbs. Got her to fire, and headed west on Glades to get to Bennigan's that used to be under the Turnpike overpass at Glades. I remember yelling to myself, "just make it to work, all you have to do is just make it to work" as my left arm & shoulder started shaking uncontrollably. Enough where it required intense concentration to make it to work w/o wrecking again. I got there a bloody mess with my room-mate freaking out about how he had to see the whole thing. It was a very humbling moment that now thinking back, I may actually wish upon a few people. Not for the pain, but to feel all the things that you think about on that slide.

This pic was an 85mph high-side on 10.15.2000. Palmetto Park road west-bound entering I-95 south-bound. Elevates 40' entrance to exit, decreasing radius, camber that flattens from apex to exit. I started spinning the rear out of the apex. Couldn't reach the rear brake to slow the tire so I feathered it as long as I could until I was getting just too out of shape. I tried inching off, and when she bit I was flying head first, inverting w/my feet coming up over my head backwards. I remember telling myself as I was sliding not to move once I stopped b/c I knew I took a hard-impact to left face, shoulder & neck area. I was worried I might hurt myself worse by moving, but alas, no paralysis. When I got up, the draft of two semi-trailers the next lane over nearly blew me off my feet. Another not-so-fun learning experience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
accident2.jpg (84.0 KB, 57 views)
Old 11-03-2003, 12:24 PM

Natedogg is an unknown quantity at this point
OUCH !!!
Old 11-04-2003, 09:44 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I second that...

Originally posted by melampus
...I got there a bloody mess with my room-mate freaking out about how he had to see the whole thing...

He said BLOODY MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said that once after I wrecked my BMX bicycle when I was about 12 years old. Haven't heard anyone else say it since then. Keep using it....its cool.

I just wrecked at 100mph doing a sit down that got away from me.....too high and I 12 o'clocked at 100. But I didn't get half as much road rash as you.....I guess those 2 years of racing helped....I know how to crash well.

Good luck on those stunts....keep at it!!!

Goose