Disturbed Riders www.DisturbedRidersFT.com
Flint Town, MI

Good for you FORD!!

Old 01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

cbr9two9guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Good for you FORD!!

Ford bans competitors' vehicles from lot.

Firm's Dearborn Truck Plant will require employees to drive a Ford or park across the street.

By David Ellis, CNNMoney.com staff writer
January 27, 2006: 2:31 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Employees at Ford's Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Mich., will have to drive Ford Motor Co. vehicles to work or park across the street, the plant manager announced earlier this week.

The new parking policy, which is scheduled to take effect Feb. 1, was instituted by plant manager Rob Webber just as Ford reported losses of $1.6 billion from its North American auto operations in 2005 and Monday announced plans to close 14 plants and cut 30,000 jobs as it tries to reverse losses and respond to declining U.S. market share.
Video More video
Ford Motor is closing plants across North America and cutting thousands of jobs. CNN's Ali Velshi reports (January 23)
Play video

The Dearborn Truck Plant, which represents one portion of the Rouge facility, has 2,600 union employees and makes the F-150 pickup truck, the best selling vehicle in the United States.

A Ford spokesman told CNNMoney the company supported the move, although it had not been extended to the other North American manufacturing facilities.

Officials with UAW Local 600, who backed the announcement, are scheduled to conduct talks with management next week to finalize the details and discuss expanding the ban across the entire Rouge facility, union president Jerry Sullivan told CNNMoney.

"There has to be something put in place to grab people's attention and to make a statement that this is a serious thing," said Sullivan, whose union represents approximately 8,000 workers at the larger Rouge complex. "It's up to us to stand up and do what is right and to drive a vehicle from the company you work for."

The Dearborn Truck Plant parking policy will allow vehicles made by non-U.S. Ford brands such as Mazda, Volvo and Land Rover, Sullivan said.

The Detroit News, which first reported the story Friday, said the new parking policy in Dearborn was embraced by factory employees at a meeting to discuss the auto manufacturer's latest restructuring plan.

But one plant employee, who did not want to be quoted, told the paper he wasn't happy he would no longer be able to drive his Chrysler to the factory.

"They can't tell you how to spend your money," said one veteran tradesman. "It's still a free country." He said he got a better deal on his Chrysler than he could on a Ford.

"I got to go where I can get the most bang for my buck," he said.

Another Dearborn Truck employee told the newspaper he approved the move, though.

"You buy what you build," said Rufus McWilliams. "That only makes sense."

The Detroit Truck Plant opened in 2004 as part of the $2 billion renovation of the company's 1,100-acre Rouge facility, the paper reported.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:10 PM

rocketjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Good for you FORD!!

In a way I think they are right but on the other hand fck them they are closing plants .
Old 01-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Disturbed Riders

Duke Nukem is a decent person

Originally Posted by rocketjoe
In a way I think they are right but on the other hand fck them they are closing plants .
That's not Fords fault..........High Health care and politicians letting vehicles made by 12 year olds in China for .20 cent an hour come over the border. Then they let China and Japan understate their currency by about 40% which fu(k's us 4 times over on cost. Theres a lot of politicians getting rich over the demise of the US. I usually don't get into politics, but we've had two "lame duck" presidents in row scared to due anything but get rich from foreign imports while the people go from good paying jobs to a Wal-mart greeters at 6$ an hour......................I know people arn't related to the car industrie don't really care, but it's the last item left in the US that we actually make. When the automotive industry folds, we'll basically be a vacation spot for the countrys with money. Can you say "welcome to the US, can get you a drink or hang your coat"..............SO basically, I support the decision and wish GM would do the same at our plant. I think I'll go "key ah KIA".
Old 01-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

I think it's a sweet policy. Drive what you make. Not only will they sell more vehicles, quality will go up. When yo uare building a vehicle that you very well may drive, you will build it better.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:50 AM

BLawicki is an unknown quantity at this point

seriously though, not that I work for a car company of sorts, but why would you NOT want to reap the benefits of the corporate world by driving what you make. You know the ppl that work there get phatty discounts. I'm curious to see what they are driving other than what they get a uber-discount on....?