MUAY THAi

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MUAY THAi

Originally Posted by airprene
have you seen gina carano she is hot as **** and she does muay thai
yea she's an mma fighter. there are a few girls at the M.M.A academy i go to..there really good!
Old 03-13-2009, 04:26 PM

sTUNTiiNcHiiCK is a decent person

Originally Posted by va stunta
yea she's an mma fighter. There are a few girls at the m.m.a academy i go to..there really good!
yeah i hope to get into the mma side of it but want to start with muay thai first to get my foot in the door
Old 03-13-2009, 04:44 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sTUNTiiNcHiiCK
yeah i hope to get into the mma side of it but want to start with muay thai first to get my foot in the door
or a knee to the face
Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by frayz
or a knee to the face
yes sirr
Old 03-15-2009, 03:54 PM

FERG is a decent person

Jump in with both feet. MMA is changing daily. It is becoming more of it's own style than anyone style or group of fighting styles. Find a gym that does both and that you feel comfortable with. Train 4-5 days a week and when your not at the gym think about the training you did yesterday or the training you will do tomorrow. Watch every video of every fight you can get your hands on. LEarn the ground as good as you know your stand up. IF you start off cross training you will be a more effecient fighter in the end. Just my 2 pennies, from an amatuers amatuer. I have been training for 4 years now and can't get enough.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ferg
jump in with both feet. Mma is changing daily. It is becoming more of it's own style than anyone style or group of fighting styles. Find a gym that does both and that you feel comfortable with. Train 4-5 days a week and when your not at the gym think about the training you did yesterday or the training you will do tomorrow. Watch every video of every fight you can get your hands on. Learn the ground as good as you know your stand up. If you start off cross training you will be a more effecient fighter in the end. Just my 2 pennies, from an amatuers amatuer. I have been training for 4 years now and can't get enough.
awesome thank you. I think that what im going to do is find a place that does both so later down the road i dont have to switch gyms! What part of tx are you in
Old 03-17-2009, 08:35 PM

va stunta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FERG
Jump in with both feet. MMA is changing daily. It is becoming more of it's own style than anyone style or group of fighting styles. Find a gym that does both and that you feel comfortable with. Train 4-5 days a week and when your not at the gym think about the training you did yesterday or the training you will do tomorrow. Watch every video of every fight you can get your hands on. LEarn the ground as good as you know your stand up. IF you start off cross training you will be a more effecient fighter in the end. Just my 2 pennies, from an amatuers amatuer. I have been training for 4 years now and can't get enough.
+1
it is VERY addicting..and standup seems fun and all, but youre ground game has to be on point.
i would love to go 5-6 days out of the week, but im limited because of school
Old 03-18-2009, 09:03 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

Okay i guess if 2 people tell me to i should right! Lol
boobies let's go!

if i'm an *******, would you use your martial art to kick my ***, drag me home and bring me back to health????? i have to see ***** first tho....sorry, i don't make the rules...

Last edited by poni; 03-18-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:07 AM

FERG is a decent person

awesome thank you. I think that what im going to do is find a place that does both so later down the road i dont have to switch gyms! What part of tx are you in

I'm in Dallas, Out in the suburbs. We are one of two Gracie combatives certified gyms in texas and the only one in the Dallas area. Right now we are a small operation but we have out grown our current facility and our looking for a new building over the next 6mos to a year. It's not what most people "invision" as a gym. We only have 2-3 true MMA fighters. The rest are fat guys that enjoy the sport and do it to get in or stay in shape. (LIke ME)

Look at the gracie academy's web site some time. The combatives program is awesome. We used to train under Machado's (cousins to the gracies) but the combatives is a slightly different style with a much more effective teaching method and class design.

As for training every day. It doesnt have to be all day. Put in two hours a day 5-6 days a week. Do that instead of watching your favorite tv shows. But I am warning you, it is addictive. Then after you have some skills you can't help but wonder if it would work against a random in the streets. It's not uncommon to look for a fight to see how you do, but it's no encouraged.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by ferg
i'm in dallas, out in the suburbs. We are one of two gracie combatives certified gyms in texas and the only one in the dallas area. Right now we are a small operation but we have out grown our current facility and our looking for a new building over the next 6mos to a year. It's not what most people "invision" as a gym. We only have 2-3 true mma fighters. The rest are fat guys that enjoy the sport and do it to get in or stay in shape. (like me)

look at the gracie academy's web site some time. The combatives program is awesome. We used to train under machado's (cousins to the gracies) but the combatives is a slightly different style with a much more effective teaching method and class design.

As for training every day. It doesnt have to be all day. Put in two hours a day 5-6 days a week. Do that instead of watching your favorite tv shows. But i am warning you, it is addictive. Then after you have some skills you can't help but wonder if it would work against a random in the streets. It's not uncommon to look for a fight to see how you do, but it's no encouraged.
yeah a lot of the gyms out here only have a select few that are training to actually fight most just do it to get in shape. Once i get to texas on wednesday since im not qorking im taking a month to kick my *** into shape and then after that month i am going to look at getting into a gym that will train me to fight...it will be perfect for me being im not working and dont know anyone in texas so my entire life will be for training which will be good at least for the beginning!!! Not trying to sound stupif but how far is dallas from cibolo..i dont know texas at all lol
Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by poni
boobies let's go!

If i'm an *******, would you use your martial art to kick my ***, drag me home and bring me back to health????? I have to see ***** first tho....sorry, i don't make the rules...
yes i will kick your ***..i break the rules so no ***** sorry! Lol
Old 03-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Im still waitin on a head shot.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by villa76
im still waitin on a head shot.
i told you how to get that!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 AM
cereal killa

yes i will kick your ***..i break the rules so no ***** sorry! Lol
boooo...no fun!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:18 AM

boooo...no fun!
hahahaha
Old 03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
cereal killa

no fun at 'tall.....naw jus jokin....hope ur stunt game is doing well!
Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 PM

no fun at 'tall.....naw jus jokin....hope ur stunt game is doing well!
its pretty shitty right now! Im leaving for texas tomorrow so i cant work on my bike and the f4eazzzy isnt starting. I need to check all the wiring but its gay. Once i get settled in texas and get my bikes out there ill get it going again!!! Hows it for you?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Are there any ***** in this thread?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:57 PM
cereal killa

its pretty shitty right now! Im leaving for texas tomorrow so i cant work on my bike and the f4eazzzy isnt starting. I need to check all the wiring but its gay. Once i get settled in texas and get my bikes out there ill get it going again!!! Hows it for you?
it isn't doing anything, i live like "you are only as good as your last wheelie" and i havn't had the bikeout for a while...it's in need of some help but i got it all up in my head what has to be done....and it's snowing here again......i keep thinking it's all a bad dream
Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 PM

it isn't doing anything, i live like "you are only as good as your last wheelie" and i havn't had the bikeout for a while...it's in need of some help but i got it all up in my head what has to be done....and it's snowing here again......i keep thinking it's all a bad dream
whats wrong with ur bike? Im dying to ride its ridiculous!!!

Quick Reply: MUAY THAi