newbie, with a question :P

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:04 PM

kperry is a decent person
newbie, with a question :P

whats up everyone.. my name is kyle, i'm from florence kentucky and i just got into stunting.. I have a good amount of prior BMX/quad/dirtbike experience.
I'm been riding my streetbike for about half a year now, and feel that i'm comfortable enough to start trying some tricks on it.. I'm just now starting the basics of wheelie/finding my balance point... I still havent found the bp i don't think. I was told to power wheelie first.. which is no problem, my 01 gsx-r 600 brings the front end up great. Problem being, i'm only riding it about 15 feet, then i always set it down for some reason. I think my main problem is, i feel that if i keep my hand on the throttle, giving it the same amount of juice for a prolonged period of time, the bike will flip over on me.. lol - any tips?? Do i just back the throttle down once the front end is up?

I'm also good for just letting loose of the gas and letting the front end smack down hard as hell instead of slowly letting it down via throttle

anyway.. i thought i would just say whats up to everyone and see if anyone has any tips for a newbie. thanks in advance
Old 06-24-2008, 12:01 AM

stuntman29 is a decent person
Re: newbie, with a question :P

check out the help and how too section on wheelie advise..

and my advise is learn to use the clutch...it is alot more consistent.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:14 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Dont ever power wheelie. Clutch every time, much more consistant. Get someone to videotape you practicing so you can see how high you really are.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:20 AM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

clutch it ,but always cover your rear brake!