Newguy from Hong Kong to NYC

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Eko

Eko is a decent person
Newguy from Hong Kong to NYC

Hey guys!
Livin in Hong Kong now but moving to NYC soon for uni. Dont know the place well but it doesnt seem to have many session spots for a nubi in my eyes.. yet what do i know. Turning 18 this month so hoping to get introduced to the stunting scene over in New York... anyone help out?

Not much biking experience yet. Always loved bikes.. cars are... not... free? .. Well yeah. Right now I only got a dt50 mx here in sweden (here for the holiday.. boring) and a 47cc pocket in Hong Kong. Myself; always into the physical arts: bboying, freerunnning, capoeira, muay thai, tricking..

stuntins a new level though..

WHATSUP STUNTLIFE!!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:37 AM

MrPurje is a decent person
Re: Newguy from Hong Kong to NYC

dude, why are you in holiday in sweden? witch city?

if you are in Gothenburg you may see me on my crf50 stunt edition
Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM

yafyarofrm is a decent person

hi,
I am a boy of 21 years old and I feld in love with your movies, and I will like to join you guys. I am a Ghanaian.
WHATSUP GUYS!
HADI ABDUL C/O HAMZA
P.O.BOX As 510
ASHIAMAN.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 PM

yafyarofrm is a decent person

Originally Posted by yafyarofrm
hi,
I am a boy of 21 years old and I feld in love with your movies, and I will like to join you guys. I am a Ghanaian.
WHATSUP GUYS!
HADI ABDUL C/O HAMZA
P.O.BOX As 510
ASHIAMAN.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Eko

Eko is a decent person

yo mrPurje, Yeah im in luck, im located down near lysekil (bout 2 hours away) I came down yesterday for some parkour, didnt see you.. maybe saw me?
I'm probably gunna be coming down quite a few times.. not like I have anything to do here.. parents dragged me here.. still living in their house
maybe we can chill sum, itd be dope to see ur ride!

noone stuntin down in NYC willing to help a noob out?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:22 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Eko
Hey guys!
Livin in Hong Kong now but moving to NYC soon for uni. Dont know the place well but it doesnt seem to have many session spots for a nubi in my eyes.. yet what do i know. Turning 18 this month so hoping to get introduced to the stunting scene over in New York... anyone help out?

Not much biking experience yet. Always loved bikes.. cars are... not... free? .. Well yeah. Right now I only got a dt50 mx here in sweden (here for the holiday.. boring) and a 47cc pocket in Hong Kong. Myself; always into the physical arts: bboying, freerunnning, capoeira, muay thai, tricking..

stuntins a new level though..

WHATSUP STUNTLIFE!!
The police in NYC hate bikes, especially in the summertime.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Eko

Eko is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
great. Thats the end of that idea.. too bad theres no scene in Hong Kong neither.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:05 AM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, police pulled me over personally to tell me there is a crack down on bikes this summer. cops are suggested to pull over every bike they see to see if they have paper work. if the cop isnt in a good mood they'll look over the bike to see if its dot approved
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 AM

J Dollaz is a decent person

I dont know why
But its definetly True!!

Originally Posted by lamby
yeah, police pulled me over personally to tell me there is a crack down on bikes this summer. cops are suggested to pull over every bike they see to see if they have paper work. if the cop isnt in a good mood they'll look over the bike to see if its dot approved
Thats why my Plate is All bent up the way it is!!

Whats Good Man! we Gotta Get up and ride sometime!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Eko

Eko is a decent person

Woah. so that seemed to scare most of the stunters off... where did they go? Anywhere you guys suggest i could possibly start up at near manhatten?
Dont wanna get my bike chained by the police the day i get it.. if i end up getting one.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:09 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

is hong kong the same way as shanghai? The bikes on the street there are 125cc and under? Congrats on getting to head this way tho... At least NY driving is on somewhat the same level as china driving. the horns are just louder and people almost stop for red lights LOL!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Eko

Eko is a decent person

Totally different! You'll never get ANYONE running a red light, not even orange. Theyr like machines! the people i mean (rulebook people). Everywhere u go there are voices telling you to 'hold the handrail, mind the gap, dont run, look left...'. Anything out of the ordinary is frowned at or 'too risky'

7 million people live here, 2 known stunted out bikes in the whole of Hong Kong (its a big thing to them) n the biggest thing to happen in the stunting scene is an article on the hk bike website (Yes a website for ALL the HK bikers): 1 of them doing a speed wheelie down a highway

Im dying to get away and do something new!! YAAAH
Old 07-17-2007, 05:28 AM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Eko
Totally different! You'll never get ANYONE running a red light, not even orange. Theyr like machines! the people i mean (rulebook people). Everywhere u go there are voices telling you to 'hold the handrail, mind the gap, dont run, look left...'. Anything out of the ordinary is frowned at or 'too risky'

7 million people live here, 2 known stunted out bikes in the whole of Hong Kong (its a big thing to them) n the biggest thing to happen in the stunting scene is an article on the hk bike website (Yes a website for ALL the HK bikers): 1 of them doing a speed wheelie down a highway

Im dying to get away and do something new!! YAAAH
totally different than shanghai and zoohi <- i prob spelled that wrong. But yeah that place was nuts! We met 5 china stunt riders there all riding the same bike but they were all pretty good on it. is the food any better in hong kong? lol
Old 07-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Eko

Eko is a decent person

Foods great!! 10 HKD (about 1.28 USD) for a big bowl of of ox tendon and noodles + free chinese tea. The noodles are good if you dont mind it being cooked with the roaches and tea tastes like water mcDs washes out of the toilets.. well maybe not that bad. my girl likes to eat there..
Dunno bout shanghai n zhuhai but by what i hear the tourist food can kill
Old 07-17-2007, 09:30 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Eko
Woah. so that seemed to scare most of the stunters off... where did they go? Anywhere you guys suggest i could possibly start up at near manhatten?
Dont wanna get my bike chained by the police the day i get it.. if i end up getting one.
If you get a bike, just make sure you have all your paperwork, and the bike doesnt have any fancy mods that they can ticket you for.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Eko

Eko is a decent person

Hmm im sure that wont be too much of an issue.. but no cages!?? does this mean theres practically no stuntin scene in or near manhatten?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM

ClintBorneo is a decent person
Lightbulb Re: Newguy from Hong Kong to NYC

+111111111 The po po hate us plain and simple.