Old 05-10-2008, 08:21 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

Squirrel_12 is an unknown quantity at this point
HEPATITUS C ????? anyone????

HEP C

anyone on here have this disease?

ill start

I DO !

i'm going through a year long treatment right now and em just about five months in. it has truly changed my life just even by not being able to drink, has gotten me back refocused in life and back on a bike.( which britton picked up and brought out here for me on his way out here last month for a show, it had been a year or two since i had talked to him and he had no problems helping me out. that guy has been cool to me since day one so a big to all you BRITTON bandwagon hatters.) sorry just got a lil somthing i have been wanting to say hahhahah.

i'm pumped to try and get in the mix again and make some wheelies with my old friends.

going to start a whole new "PROJECT" to raise awarness and money for people who can't afford the treatment. see everyone thinks the treatment is next death, pretty close but not as bad as people make it out to be,and i wanna show the world you can still have a normal life with HEP C.

I got these damn treatments tell dec 12 of giving myself a shot (like cemo) every friday and i take about fifteen pills a day. and everone (docs, family, boss, back of my head) keeps telling me i should wait tell next year to get back in the saddle but i'm going to do what make me happy. just lost my job a wal-mart so now its to the local bike shop to finally work at one i have always wanted to since i was a lil kid.

so i'm starting to design a new site and need a name for it? any ideas

i like
"PROJECT SQUIRREL"
JOINER PROJECT
FLYING SQUIRREL ENTERTAINMENT
it's not over
ummmm

JoshJOINER.com
UMM

JJ INC.

i working with a few non profit orgs to put together a charity tour of all the comps, shows, Hep c awareness events anything i can use as a platform to get the awarness out. Did you know four times as many people have HEP C VERSEs the people infected with AIDS. most people do infact get it from sharing needles, razors, toothbroushes and blood transfusions and even the rare .3% of people (me) were born with it.

wow what a rant but its raining and i had this on my head. so any help with ideas for events or even my sites name would be awsome!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:19 PM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HEPATITUS C ????? anyone????

wow, that's pretty inspirational!

Hope everything goes really well for you!

I don't know if I would have what it takes to turn a huge negative experience into something so positive.

Last edited by CarpeDiem; 05-10-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Should have made it a poll
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

true true!

really just seeing who if anyone on here has it ?? and see if they wanna get on board this train!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 PM

TeaMoney is an unknown quantity at this point

My father had Hepatitis C many years back and he just passed in January 2006 from Cancer. He had Hepatitis C for 20 some odd years before he actually found out. He went to the doctors complaining of some pains and being tired all the time and found out that way.

He was on the transplant waiting list for 2 years, at least, and I remember having to carry around a pager that the hospital gave us for when a doner patient with his specifications came in. It's kind of odd really, hoping someone else that you don't know dies so someone you love can be saved... kind of un-nerving to think about the other family and the loss they endured.

Anyhow the transplant was a success, and barely. During the transplant some bial spilled into the open area of the stomach I guess it was and almost shut a few organs down. Luckily the doctors were quick enough to clean it up and save my father. They said the old liver was more than half way gone, all black, shrivled up, and coroded away. I remember his recovery was almost complete on the day of September 11th, 2001... yes the same day of the World Trade Center. Just after his recovery he was diagnosed with cancer. I don't even remember how long they gave him or when he was diagnosed. It was such a heavy blow knowing what was ahead, it's all a blur.

And how this all ties into stunting and riding... My mom and dad bought me a 1998 Z50R Minitrail for my 12th birthday. That is the day I started riding. From there I was a terror on wheels. I remember my dad renting a Dodge Ram 1500 to take me and one of my buddies to psychofest in Beaver Springs, PA to trade my Polaris 250 Trailblazer for a Kx500 and of course have some fun. I still have the Kx500 today, I thank knoll for that one and I hope your reading this buddy! I have blown the engine and had it completley rebuilt 3 times already, probably spent more repairing the bike then it's actually worth but I just can't get rid of it. This bike holds too many memories and it will forever be a milestone in my life, I will have it until the day I die.

***In memory of Robert F. Gartland, I'll always have one wheel pointing toward the sky.***

If you don't mind me asking how did you get Hep C? And good luck and keep up your great efforts!

Last edited by TeaMoney; 05-11-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:15 AM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

thanks for the response.

i was born with it from what we can find out.

both my parents had it .

my lil brother didn't get it thanks god.

i found out in seventh grade and never drank tell after highschool
If i would have never ever ever drank i prob would have been fine tell i died but after years of knowing my liver was jacked up and i still kept drinking HEAVELY like any guy my age would. then my mom almost died from a stroke and i realized that i need to go with what i em good at in a positive way and to start a sober life geared toward doing something with that new sober life.

drinking is fine i'm not on a pedistal i just would have been in your dads shoes or dead by the time i was in my early thirties and that **** ain't no fun.

sorry to hear about your dad.

thats another stigma i'm working on, is getting hep c more and more out in the open everyone relates it to drug users and keeps it in a negative light. it's true that most people get it from sharing needles thank god not from sex i hate rubbers hahaha.

ANd most people who have it never wanna quit drinking cause the disease never real effects you tell its too late. well i wanna try and get some people tested and get some people talking about this serious world wide problem that is a silent killer.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:16 AM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
wow, that's pretty inspirational!

Hope everything goes really well for you!

I don't know if I would have what it takes to turn a huge negative experience into something so positive.

sure you would man sure you would. i don't wanna come off as one of thoose people who get sick then try and cure the world. just wanna get some knowledge out in the open to the common man. (ok maybe cure the world) but i wanna make an impact for sure!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:26 AM

TeaMoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Squirrel_12
sure you would man sure you would. i don't wanna come off as one of thoose people who get sick then try and cure the world. just wanna get some knowledge out in the open to the common man. (ok maybe cure the world) but i wanna make an impact for sure!
Well ****, your in colorado... im in Jersey.... and you reacher this far. Internet is an amazing thing huh? Bikes are a good way to stay off the bottle for you, in my experience it's a good way to stop doing some of the heavier drugs that I shouldn't have fucked with in the first place

Glad to hear your brother is ok too!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Man that sucks man but glad you're staying positive and glad to see you on a bike bro! Keep it up
Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

call me tomorrow j, my dad has hep c I believe, Tomme and I will be up there tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:04 AM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

good **** man. Props to you.

And **** drinking... im only 20, and its already getting played out. Id rather spend my time in the lot anyway.

Good stuff for trying to combine riding, and this, and making something positive. Need more people like you in the sport, and Less Stunt904
Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Stay strong.

there are probably some bigger celebs who have this and would help with a push. the only one I can think of who is out in the open is Pam Anderson, but she's a bike fan. I've heard she spends time in the pits and paddocks of MotoGP. Try to contact her through myspace or her management company. It couldn't hurt, and she might be willing to throw down some change to support your cause.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

hell yea didn't think of that route!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

really d thats nutts didn't know your pops was part of the fam!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:23 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

squirrel you're the man! Glad to see you're on the positive side of things and hope to see you on the bike again.

I told G you said whats up and he said he's still waiting for your letter.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:43 PM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

word ill send another on monday gay he never got the other one must have been the patrick stevens **** i was sending him hahahah
Old 05-11-2008, 02:37 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

J! Did G get my letter? I sent some racy photos of tice and a few photos of Apex touching his nipples and Teach just lookin all sexy.

I sent him one of Bubash looking pouty too, but he'll be saying "who the hell is that?" haha

he should not ask ME to photograph hotties is what I'm saying, we like different things. Teaches *** was looking nice in those jeans.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 PM

I didn't even think to send dirty patrick stephens photos! damn.

I did get a bum to do the universal sign for "cunnilingus" though, and man his teeth look nasty.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 PM

I didn't even think to send dirty patrick stephens photos! damn.

I did get a bum to do the universal sign for "cunnilingus" though, and man his teeth look nasty.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:04 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

I was listening to an a.m. talk radio station about 2 1/2 years ago and it was about a drug called Pegasus (sp?) . It suppossedly pushes the hep back so far into remission , that it is no longer detected in body tests after taking the drug .

I remember them saying that you had to take the drug for like a year and it was a hard ride , but the ending results are worth the overall gain of undetectable hep C in the body .

Just something for you to look into . Hope everything works out for you in the long run . And it sounds like you are aware of your situation and are handling it in a very mature manner .