out of gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 08:10 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point
out of gas

went out to practice today .. the gas light was on i was oh well dont need gas ill just be going up and down ... as the day goes on im getting better wheelies

i pop one up im like oh ya this is a nice one and ride it for a sec... BAM ... the bike slams down i almost go over the bars ... my **** was out of gas .. i was fcking scared like WOW

anyone else have this happen .. ive heard of ppls bikes stalling in a wheelie and almost gettin thrown over damn its a scary feeling
Old 11-13-2004, 08:13 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: out of gas

na never happened, i like the extra weight of fuel for some reason and i dont want to run out of gas in a wheelie myself
Old 11-13-2004, 08:35 PM

Ecentrik is an unknown quantity at this point

i ran out of gas pullin out in a busy intersection and almost got hit... but no i always gas up before practice heh
Old 11-13-2004, 09:14 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

My boy Jordan had his 636 turn off on a spreader because he ran out of gas. It wasn't a pretty sight.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:27 PM

atomic is an unknown quantity at this point

i ran out going down the highway once, but it didnt really cut out...it was more of it just kidna sputtered and died. Took about a minute so I had plenty of time to react
Old 11-13-2004, 10:26 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

one thing i hate about the 900.. no gas light, to know yer low on gas either stare at yer miles or the bike sputters then shuts off lol.. wish it had a light.. was cruising down the road thank god i was near a gas station it turned off on me and i barley coasted in the station.. luckily, not in a wheely
Old 11-13-2004, 11:12 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

OOoo, spreader-gas-runout gives a new meaning to "tank slapper"
Old 11-14-2004, 05:13 AM

i wonder if your low on gas but not really empty if it will cut out in a wheelie, thats always in the back of my head when the light comes on also like i said i like the extra weight.........am i the only one who likes the feel of a full tank? or does it even make a difference to you people?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:54 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

i like about a half a tank of gas, full tank moves around to much and makes me wobble.

I dont have the luxuary (sp?) of having a gas light on my F2 so i use my Res. as a warning heh once its on my Res. i pretty much keep in my mind that i need to hit a gas station soon. Ive had my bike sputter out in a wheelie once i hit my reserve when doing one just came down but didnt slam down like id imagine completetly running outa gas would do.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:45 PM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sprocketz
i wonder if your low on gas but not really empty if it will cut out in a wheelie, thats always in the back of my head when the light comes on also like i said i like the extra weight.........am i the only one who likes the feel of a full tank? or does it even make a difference to you people?
My tank is smashed in so much, and has been that way so long I don't know what a full or a half a tank of gas feels like, but I did read my owners manual, which states that, on my model bike, when the low fuel light comes on I've got just under a gallon of gas left so I know that when that happens I go get as much as my tank will hold (about 2 gallons) just in case I have to burn off from them haters. I was told that unless you burn 123 octane or something like that or put fuel injector cleaner in your bike regularly its not good for you to run it that low............just something I was told....I'm not a mechanic. :YEAH
Old 11-14-2004, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by NovaMan
i like about a half a tank of gas, full tank moves around to much and makes me wobble.

I dont have the luxuary (sp?) of having a gas light on my F2 so i use my Res. as a warning heh once its on my Res. i pretty much keep in my mind that i need to hit a gas station soon. Ive had my bike sputter out in a wheelie once i hit my reserve when doing one just came down but didnt slam down like id imagine completetly running outa gas would do.
I don't know what your'e doing, but I've never been able to blame the gas in my tank for me wobbling,...,,that's a new one for me my f4i's tank is barely smashed, but my 929 is really smashed, and gas doesn't play a role in whether I wobble or not.......Now that's just me I don't know, but one of my cures for wobbling was air psi in my rear tire... :YEAH
Old 11-14-2004, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by mekrew
went out to practice today .. the gas light was on i was oh well dont need gas ill just be going up and down ... as the day goes on im getting better wheelies

i pop one up im like oh ya this is a nice one and ride it for a sec... BAM ... the bike slams down i almost go over the bars ... my **** was out of gas .. i was fcking scared like WOW

anyone else have this happen .. ive heard of ppls bikes stalling in a wheelie and almost gettin thrown over damn its a scary feeling
Mekrew, where do you practice. Just pm me, so there aren't 100 laws hittin'n up your spot.........Later
Old 11-14-2004, 02:49 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I always keep it almost full just incase something comes up (like blue lights) and I have to leave. I don'ot feel don't feel much of a difference except it takes just a little bit more to bring it up.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:40 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

ive got about 22 psi in my tire, and i seem to wobble most when i have a full tank *shrugg* maybe its just me. But whenever my tanks about half empty or on reserve i hardly wobble.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by NovaMan
ive got about 22 psi in my tire, and i seem to wobble most when i have a full tank *shrugg* maybe its just me. But whenever my tanks about half empty or on reserve i hardly wobble.
sounds reasonable to me ill see if i notice anything like that next time i fill up but now come to think about it i like it most when its not full full but has plenty of gas.........oh well as long as its not empty i guess