Would you like to see a stunting TV Show?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 01:22 AM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Would you like to see a stunting TV Show?

i completely agree with CBO.

But like others say this isnt the time because this is JUST starting. Maybe after it starts showing positive results then something will have to be worked out as far as sellin footage. Because i know many of us on these forums film our stunts and more will start to if something like this becomes big. This is just step one, maybe it'll work maybe it wont. But im definatly tuning in for the ride to watch and see what happens, this could be the very start of "pro stunting" if you will? I know MANY people around here love seeing me do things on my bike (younger generations for the most part). It'd be nice to see this blow up into an "x-game" level just my .02

As for right now i dont think anyones in the position to ask for money.
Gotta agree with Kaotic though and not get our hopes up.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Outermost Moderator

ROB OUTERMOST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
Oh and for the record its not all about the money its about the principle, Ive been in this industry long enough to see how the games are played. We ride and bust our asses for nothing. Just so we can say hey look at me Im cool Im in so and so's video. That ***** whack man. I can see us broke stunters doing that but dudes who dont even ride banking off us man. **** THAT ....**** THAT

that aint pushing the sport anywhere, Its called getting a dick put in your ***
i think most people ride and bust their *** cause thats what they love to do, its not for nothing.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:10 PM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ROB OUTERMOST
i think most people ride and bust their *** cause thats what they love to do, its not for nothing.
Rob, I agree with you......To that guy CBO, I don't quite understand how anyone could get upset or feel an entitlement to get paid for doing something that's totally illegal, except for in a controlled enviroment. I know a lot of "professionals" in this "sport" and none of them not one single soul will tell you that initially they got in it for the money. They parlayed their skills and available opportunity into lucrative enterprises....But they had an idea or vision or something and took it to where it is now.... I know y'all know that you have to start from somewhere, so if you don't want to participate with RSBN and what he's got goin' on, then what you do is tell some of these "professionals" in the industry to put together a viable plan to help promote the "industry"..... I don't mean doing stunts for a bunch of whack-*** movies that don't do anything but shed a bad light on the "industry". I'm all for free-enterprise and capitalism, but look at what certain others gave up in their beginning to get to where they are now... Think about it you got to crawl b/4 you can walk..........just my , I've got video of shows open practices at controlled enviroments as well as that raw unedited street **** and as long as I can get it back I'll be more than happy to share........With everyone out for 'self nowadays how are we going to grow our "industry" most of "us" are too busy tryin' to out do each other or hatin' each other, instead of supporting one another..just my.. ...Late
Old 11-14-2004, 03:53 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

i am and will always continue to help this sport grow in anyway i can,BUT i agree with cbo it's time to see some real return i mean c-mon,skaters=paid
snowboarders=paid,bmx=paid, stunters=pawn shop#customer see my point sure we make a little change doin shows but it's still not enough for the amount of risk that goes into it ,we are the most extreme sport out there,next to fmx of course everyones makin vids for nothin and it's time it stopped the industries flooded and the only one makin money is the film companies? some say it's time for pro's to get busy,i say it's time for pro's to get paid!!!!! and one more thing if we ban together and stop letting newbies fire down the main streets at 200mph maybe just maybe bigger companies will quit turnig there heads so quik
Old 11-14-2004, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by rsx929rr
i am and will always continue to help this sport grow in anyway i can,BUT i agree with cbo it's time to see some real return i mean c-mon,skaters=paid
snowboarders=paid,bmx=paid, stunters=pawn shop#customer see my point sure we make a little change doin shows but it's still not enough for the amount of risk that goes into it ,we are the most extreme sport out there,next to fmx of course everyones makin vids for nothin and it's time it stopped the industries flooded and the only one makin money is the film companies? some say it's time for pro's to get busy,i say it's time for pro's to get paid!!!!! and one more thing if we ban together and stop letting newbies fire down the main streets at 200mph maybe just maybe bigger companies will quit turnig there heads so quik
I see some of your point and by no means am I firing back at CBO or You or anyone for that matter, but snowboarders, bmx'ers, skaters, have sanctioning bodies which make their sport not only recognized, but "respectable". I'm going to say this, and it's only been said about a billion times, but here goes. Motorcycles have gotten a bad rap long before stunting came into the picture, you put motorcycles into the minds of the mothers in this country and allow them to envision their son or daughter doing some of the stuff that we do and there you have it....Since the 9/11 tragedy I keep hearing that freedom isn't free. Well in our situation respect has to be earned, it will not just be given to us...If we are just gonna bit9h about it, then nothing is going to happen. What to do I don't know, but if y'all are game to crank up some s***, then I'll be down to ride.....To me it sounds as if we have been wronged or something has been denied to us, but how are they gonna love us when we (and me more than most) scream F T P!!!!! from the top of my lungs? We make videos of us stunting and then burning off from the laws, we help with the perception of what the public has of us as well as the cops, banning together to stop newbies and others from riding like a bat out of hell in traffic good luck, 'cause as soon as you stop one 10 more will pass you up.....There is no easy solution, this just seems like an avenue we might want to try and take......
Old 11-14-2004, 04:33 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone's input has been great with this subject and i cant really disagree with anyone.

But putting Stunters in the same catagory as the "newbies blasting 200 MPH down the roads" isnt really fair. Ill admit i like speeding in traffic and weaving through traffic occationaly, but i dont split lanes and cut people off real bad, like ive seen some people do.

Stunters are definatly not newbies because anyone new on a bike couldnt do 1/3 the things ive seen guys on this forum do. And that does take true talent, and noone can tell us other wise. But if this becomes a "sport" i dont think our communities are goin to appreciate it gettin big on the streets. Not everyone stunts a lot, me included.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by robert929lewis
I see some of your point and by no means am I firing back at CBO or You or anyone for that matter, but snowboarders, bmx'ers, skaters, have sanctioning bodies which make their sport not only recognized, but "respectable". I'm going to say this, and it's only been said about a billion times, but here goes. Motorcycles have gotten a bad rap long before stunting came into the picture, you put motorcycles into the minds of the mothers in this country and allow them to envision their son or daughter doing some of the stuff that we do and there you have it....Since the 9/11 tragedy I keep hearing that freedom isn't free. Well in our situation respect has to be earned, it will not just be given to us...If we are just gonna bit9h about it, then nothing is going to happen. What to do I don't know, but if y'all are game to crank up some s***, then I'll be down to ride.....To me it sounds as if we have been wronged or something has been denied to us, but how are they gonna love us when we (and me more than most) scream F T P!!!!! from the top of my lungs? We make videos of us stunting and then burning off from the laws, we help with the perception of what the public has of us as well as the cops, banning together to stop newbies and others from riding like a bat out of hell in traffic good luck, 'cause as soon as you stop one 10 more will pass you up.....There is no easy solution, this just seems like an avenue we might want to try and take......

i feel ya 100% it's just frustrating somtimes i know what it takes you know what it takes but getting threw thar fog just seems like a never ending battle,and now that you mention it stopping 1 will only bring 10 more.......this might not make sence but i know the answer is right in front of one of our faces we just have to see it and do something with it
Old 11-14-2004, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by NovaMan
Everyone's input has been great with this subject and i cant really disagree with anyone.

But putting Stunters in the same catagory as the "newbies blasting 200 MPH down the roads" isnt really fair. Ill admit i like speeding in traffic and weaving through traffic occationaly, but i dont split lanes and cut people off real bad, live ive seen some people do.

Stunters are definatly not newbies because anyone knew on a bike couldnt do 1/3 the things ive seen guys on this forum do. And that does take true talent, But if this becomes a "sport" i dont think there goin to appreciate it gettin big on the streets. Not everyone stunts a lot, me included.

i might seem like a bit of a hipocrit,but i started in the streets just like 99%of the rest of us ''cbo's goin to blast this one'' but i've gotten past all that and tracks and lots are where the money is ''big picture wise'' it's like fmx those guy's aren't goin down state ave jumpin tracks and everything else,and yes we do ride street bikes but c-mon most of our bikes aren't even safe over 30mph and aside from making a kill street vid the streets don't pay the bills and sponsor's hate it,i get paid to ride smart on tracks ,closed roads exc,there's a time and a place for the streets and now is not the time ,i know this would be impossible but if all us stunters that give a **** gave up all street riding period and focused all our efforts into educating others and ''handling buisness'' as far as bringing a better light to the public,we would jump years into the future doe's any of this make sence?
Old 11-14-2004, 08:50 PM

RSBN is an unknown quantity at this point

i get paid to ride smart on tracks ,closed roads exc,there's a time and a place for the streets and now is not the time ,i know this would be impossible but if all us stunters that give a **** gave up all street riding period and focused all our efforts into educating others and ''handling buisness'' as far as bringing a better light to the public,we would jump years into the future doe's any of this make sence?
So you're saying that if you were taped at one of those tracks, closed roads etc... You would demand to be paid by the network that is trying to give you FREE publicity in a positive light? I agree more stunters need to look at the business aspects and understand that International media coverage (showing the positive side) is free publicity to you. Which in turn means more bookings and better venues... Maybe even more money.

Now let me tell you what I learned in my 22 years riding... 10 years as a pro racer... There are only 2 ways to profit from participating in motorsports.

1) Major Sponsors that pay ALL your costs so the earnings go in your pocket.

2) Be hired by someone that will pay you to operate their equipment.

The second way is not as easy as it sounds. Many times you need to bring a Major Sponsor with you and you only get 40% to 50% of what is earned at any event. What I am trying to say here is that it is hard just to earn a living in Motorsports and stunting is a Motorsport. It is a long road to the top and you have to ask yourself if you're willing to make the sacrifices to get there. Even if you say yes, you need to realize that less than 1% ever makes it to the top.

I spent 5 years paying all my own bills, on my race team, before I was hired by a good team. After 5 years I could call myself a pro and I raced for that team for 10 years. I would have killed to get some free publicity during my first 5 years. It just may have helped get that pro ride sooner or even a Major Sponsor so I wouldn't of had to disband the great team I had assembled.

For those of you that have sponsors, I applaud you. What the sponsored riders need to remember is where you came from and how you got to the point your at. Then ask yourself... What if I could get more or better sponsorship? Would I take that opportunity? All I am offering is a vehicle that could help you secure sponsorship and help change the way stunting is viewed by the general public.

Thank you for your time....

Michael
Old 11-14-2004, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by RSBN
So you're saying that if you were taped at one of those tracks, closed roads etc... You would demand to be paid by the network that is trying to give you FREE publicity in a positive light? I agree more stunters need to look at the business aspects and understand that International media coverage (showing the positive side) is free publicity to you. Which in turn means more bookings and better venues... Maybe even more money.

Now let me tell you what I learned in my 22 years riding... 10 years as a pro racer... There are only 2 ways to profit from participating in motorsports.

1) Major Sponsors that pay ALL your costs so the earnings go in your pocket.

2) Be hired by someone that will pay you to operate their equipment.

The second way is not as easy as it sounds. Many times you need to bring a Major Sponsor with you and you only get 40% to 50% of what is earned at any event. What I am trying to say here is that it is hard just to earn a living in Motorsports and stunting is a Motorsport. It is a long road to the top and you have to ask yourself if you're willing to make the sacrifices to get there. Even if you say yes, you need to realize that less than 1% ever makes it to the top.

I spent 5 years paying all my own bills, on my race team, before I was hired by a good team. After 5 years I could call myself a pro and I raced for that team for 10 years. I would have killed to get some free publicity during my first 5 years. It just may have helped get that pro ride sooner or even a Major Sponsor so I wouldn't of had to disband the great team I had assembled.

For those of you that have sponsors, I applaud you. What the sponsored riders need to remember is where you came from and how you got to the point your at. Then ask yourself... What if I could get more or better sponsorship? Would I take that opportunity? All I am offering is a vehicle that could help you secure sponsorship and help change the way stunting is viewed by the general public.

Thank you for your time....

Michael
no no no no ,that was a statement of ''hey your not going to get this sport anywhere by riding like a jackass at the wrong places at the wrong times''
like i said in an earlier post i am willing to do anything to help and further this sport in anyway,i was just giving my 2 cents on the whole ''it would be nice to see some real return from all of this'' i'm behind you 100% on the publicity thing and don't let my opinion discourage you i am more than willing to devote my time,as long as you portray this sport in a good light ,that would be payment enough
Old 11-14-2004, 09:10 PM

and what the hell i just realized your in my area anyway hit me up on the phone,and my sponsor's are willing to help as well
Old 11-14-2004, 11:42 PM

my sponsor's are willing to help as well
That's what I was trying to get at with all I've been saying. You get with RSBN and that's going to be positive exposure for the "industry", for yourself as well as your sponsors........btw.....did he mention it was free? Hell it's winter and it rains and snows alot up there, but y'all are more than welcome to come down here........I welcome all (riders) no matter what preference of bike or riding style....disclaimer.........I don't really associate with Harley rider types....excuse the biased attitude with which I've displayed...